Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
This is my new kink and I'm giving myself a headache trying to carefully scan the archive for new ficage!

I would especially like to read any with Alt Clark centered around the Meet John Doe arc because after watching those episodes, I feel so very sorry for Alt Clark and I want him to be happy. He deserves to be happy, right?

Is there another thread where a list has been made? Hopefully so and hopefully somebody can direct me to it!

Self pimping is encouraged thumbsup

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
There's a bunch of fics that deal with the actual Alt Clark [rather than an elseworlds].

Yvonne's Addicted and the sequel Damaged .

Nan's How I Spent My Christmas Vacation , Homecoming , First Venture , First Date , The Return , Masquerade , First Case , and How I Spent My Christmas Vacation: One Year Later .

Pam's My Interview with Superman , My Date With Lynn , My Television Debut , My Big Goodbye , and there's a final one that she posted on the boards not too long ago, but I don't remember what it was wink .

CC Aiken's The Late Great Lois Lane

I know there's more, but that's all that's coming to me off the top of my head [and my head hurts wink ]. I know there's others, including some that have 'our' couple universe hopping a number of times with them but...

Carol

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
OMG thank you!!

I just read Addicted and Damaged a few days ago and wow. What a powerful story!

All I can say is that FoLC has some damn good writers! All of the authors you listed are truly amazing.

I love this fandom. love

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
ML's Lost In Time has a slightly different background - the Alt Clark we know but Lois was never at the Planet.

I keep thinking I remember hearing about one - dunno if I ever read it because I'm thinking it may have been nfic and I don't know if there was an nfic version - but someone told me about it once and I remember being intrigued but I don't know that I ever read it. Alt-Clark ended up in a 3rd universe and Lois and Clark and Alt-Lois end up in the 3rd universe and then in a 4th...

I know there's others... but I'm still blanking.

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
OHHH! Yes! Love this one! I have it on my amazon Kindle, I just reread it on an airplane trip last week. I think I've read it 5 times already and it is still amazing each time. I also read a whole bunch of Nan's fics on my Kindle and OMG. Her Home series? Incredible. Utterly incredible. In fact, I didn't even want the plane to land because I was too into reading that series!

Thank you again for all of these recommendations!

Originally posted by carolm:
ML's Lost In Time has a slightly different background - the Alt Clark we know but Lois was never at the Planet.

I keep thinking I remember hearing about one - dunno if I ever read it because I'm thinking it may have been nfic and I don't know if there was an nfic version - but someone told me about it once and I remember being intrigued but I don't know that I ever read it. Alt-Clark ended up in a 3rd universe and Lois and Clark and Alt-Lois end up in the 3rd universe and then in a 4th...

I know there's others... but I'm still blanking.

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
So this post can be informative for others who also love their Alt Clark, I'll add some fics that I've read also.

Long Strange Trip by L

Long Road Home by Erin Kindler

Lois\' Return by Chiara Prato

Connections by Carol Malo

Until the End by Catherine Bruce

(more to be added as I find them again...

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Fly Away Home by Caroline K. Short but so very very good.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
The last one in Pam's series is Our Little Dilemma. http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=009531

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't forget Kaylle's In Dreams !

If you want a more complete list, you can also check out the Archive's Fanfic Database . One of the keywords is "Alt-Universe". Another is "Episode Related" which usually has the name of the ep(s) tacked on.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Nan:
The last one in Pam's series is Our Little Dilemma. http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=009531
Oh thank you! I just finished reading My Big Goodbye and this series is adorable. Absolutely adorable. I am so glad there is a 5th installment!

Oh and Nan - thank you soooooooooo dang much for all the awesome fic you've written. You recently made a two week trip 100x better, although unfortunately my 9 year old daughter figured out that was reading fanfic on my Kindle ebook thingie and not a downloaded novel and kept bugging me about it. Darn snoop! As I already posted earlier, your Home series was INCREDIBLE. Your attention to plot and characterization are amazing and I really loved all the little reveals in the series. I know it's probably obnoxious of me to request it, but I would LOVE to read the 'true' story behind Marcy and Ryan first meeting and falling in love, etc. I truly enjoyed their story in that fic!

Ok, shutting up now...

*runs to go read Our Little Dilemma*

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by HatMan:
Don't forget Kaylle's In Dreams !

If you want a more complete list, you can also check out the Archive's Fanfic Database . One of the keywords is "Alt-Universe". Another is "Episode Related" which usually has the name of the ep(s) tacked on.
HOLY CR*P!

This database is incredible. I can't even imagine the time that was put into this!!! notworthy

Thank you thank you thank you!

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Oops, meant to edit a post and instead quoted it again *tosses back blonde hair* So disregard this post.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just saw this thread and thought I'd add what remains one of my favourite alt-Universe stories, I think because of its *how* Alt-Clark meets his alt-Lois aspect. smile Also, it was the first time I'd read that particular approach to the issue.

Jeff Brogden's : Then Came You:

Then Came You

note: this link gives a different title to the story - it was originally a two part story. Then Came You is the title of part 1, but I always think of that as the title because I like the cadence. smile

c.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, and I should perhaps mention The Alt-Clark Letters , although that was probably more fun as a WIP than as reading for the actual plot.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just finished reading My Big Goodbye and this series is adorable. Absolutely adorable. I am so glad there is a 5th installment!
Thanks, Bellarata -- you're good for my ego, and I could use the boost today laugh (thanks, Carol & Nan, for pointing them out) I wrote a short one years back, too -- Million Miles Away but, um, let's just say my writing has improved since then.

I second the recommendation for "Then Came You" -- awesome fic. It's part of TUFS. Season 5/6 also did an alt-Clark story, by Kathy Brown but I don't remember the title.

Carol Malo did a terrific one -- Connections .

And the all-time, don't-stop-the-plane-I-want-to-keep-reading-for-hours, long angsty wonderful alt-Clark fic is "Long Strange Trip" by Leela. But don't start reading it until you have a day where you don't have to do much. 'Cause you won't be doing much else.

One of my favorite shorter ones is "In the Bleak Midwinter" by Wendy Richards.

PJ
[eta -- oops, some of those were already mentioned. But what the heck, they deserve multiple mentions.]

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I remember reading one, a long time ago,but I just can't remember the title.

Alt-Clark in our universe and sleep with Lois, while Clark is in the Alt-universe and sleep with Alt-Lois. When they are all back in their respective worlds, everybody is ashamed of what happened but they all confess, and since that made them all sure that they are with their real soul mate and that the alt-soul mate isn't The One, everything's fine.

I hope someone will be able to recognize it and say the title. I can't remember it.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I believe those are by CC Aiken. Something like "Through the Window" and "And Back Again"

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's an nfic like that, too, which I can't quite put my finger on...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Cannot believe I forgot Late Great Lois Lane .

It's fabulous.

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't forget "Roving Reporters" by Cindy Haste. The only copy I could find is at annesplace. It's an oldie but goodie with the Alt Clark of the series missing.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard