Next Thread
Print Thread
#159220 05/01/08 03:22 PM
kmar Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Dear Wonderful Authors hail

There are a number of stories that have not been posted to in some time. One as far back as last August. Here is a list of the stories that have not been posted to recently that I currently still have sitting on my hard drive waiting for further postings. Could you let all your loyal readers know if you are going to finish the stories. They are sort of listed alphabetical.

A Different Career
Begin The Begin
Bulling
Clearing The Record
Costumes
Creation
Darkest Dreams
Exposure
Fire And Ice
For The Fall Of Night Came Unbidden...
Lies And The Baggage That Comes Along with It
Reminices Of New Krypton
Separate Lives
Sex, Lies And Clark
Sin
The Girls Not Attractive
The Kid
The Longest Road: The Long Road Home
The Pitfalls And Pleasantries
Wedding Day Jitters

Should I leave them on my hard drive because they will see a posting soon. Or should I move them to disk storage because they will be posted to again when you have time or your muse returns. Or should I delete them because you've given up on them and they will never be finished. Thanks for the help - I'm doing some hard drive cleaning.

Kmar

#159221 05/01/08 03:57 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clearing the Record
Reminisces of New Krypton
and
Wedding Day Jitters
have been preempted by RL - in the form of a Sheltie puppy.

I will get back to them as soon as time and my muse allows.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#159222 05/01/08 06:15 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
umm, Bullying is being worked on, I'm just having trouble tieing it up. So, don't give up on it, but it will probably be awhile.

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
#159223 05/01/08 10:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't given up on Separate Lives. I'm working on it, but I don't have so much time.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#159224 05/03/08 04:38 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Exposure will be finished. I'm sorry to say that I can't begin to know when. RL got real busy back in November and hasn't let up since.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#159225 05/04/08 10:05 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I understand that other people aren't like me - which is good, because I'd hate to write for me because I'd already know what was going to happen. But this is why I refuse to post anything before I finish the entire story, not counting beta comments. I don't ever want to disappoint anyone.

That includes the people who sign on and moan, "Oh, no, not another post from him! Why doesn't he just vanish into the Internet ether?"

You can add "A Million Little Pieces" to that list if you'd like. I miss that story. I thought it had the most sympathetic characterizations of Mayson Drake and Dan Scardino I'd ever read.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#159226 05/05/08 08:43 AM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fully intend to finish Creation. I'm just puzzling over how to get them back together. It SHOULDN'T be easy, and would just be too unrealistic to be believable. L&C have some bigg issues to get worked out. . . hopefully before Junior, I mean Pulitzer, arrives.

thanks!

rkn
#159227 05/06/08 12:19 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'd like to tip my hat to these boards, in that the great majority of stories are finished. James visits another fandom where stories are typically abandoned or can drag on for years without the author knowing where they intend to go. Yes, that's a long list of unfinished stories, but we boast over 3000 finished stories in our archive.

Elisabeth

#159228 05/09/08 11:32 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
i'm sorry for being late to reply back.. got a full plate on my hands lately..

i do intend to finish lies and blah blah blah (not in the mood to write the whole title.. just realized it's sort of long hmm??) anyway i intend to finish but i don't have time since finals are coming along and it's my graduating year, plus my muse has left me to go to Hawaii to have fun and flirt with some random guy (the flake!)

so i don't know... but i'll try angel-devil

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!
#159229 06/15/08 02:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Give my BR's some time and you can cross "Separate Lives" off of that list. I've just written the final scene. smile1 smile1 smile1

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#159230 06/16/08 06:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Kmar, I know you asked once about A New Hero, also. I promise it will be finished, too. I've had a rough past year and just haven't been able to do much work on it. I'm hoping to on my vacation since I'll be stuck at home.

The Last Part of For the Fall of Night... is about 1/2 written. A bout of pneumonia and having had major surgery kind of put a kink in getting it done. But, I am recovering, so yes, I promise to post soon! I've been working even though I'm still recovering (too slowly for my tastes) and that's kept me tired... I know... Excuses, excuses...

And as for Separate Lives... Yes, give this beta a bit a time. Bakasi has indeed finished the story!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#159231 06/16/08 06:41 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sin is cancelled.

Sorry to anybody who was enjoying it. sad
Thing is, I have to break this habit of posting stories that have *no* buffer whatsoever. Sin didn't really have much of a plot thought out, only vague ideas, and I frankly bit off more than I can chew.

Again, apologies. I'll see to it that I do not leave y'all hanging like this again.

~•~

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard