Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi FoLCs!

There are tons of stories out there where Lois and Clark are in the CR and the blinds are closed. I'll admit, I never really thought about it much before, but I recently checked out some scenes in S2 and noticed that the conference room's only blinds are on the door. The windowed walls themselves are never shown with blinds. So, is there actual proof of there being blinds, or is it just fanon and author's prerogative?

Thanks, Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
It seems to me that the conference rooms in the original Daily Planet (before Luthor's bombing) had fewer glass walls and blinds for all the glassed ones. (Look at Season 1's Fly Hard). Maybe when Stern rebuilt the Planet, he wanted a more "open" style wink .

There's always Perry's office (it has blinds both pre- and post- bombing).

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hm, thanks, AnKS. Looks like LnC will have to stay late for me to break the conference table like Ann wants me too. And Perry's office: I can just see Lois and Clark asking Perry if he could let them have his office for a while in order to do some research into the human reproductive process. laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Looks like LnC will have to stay late for me to break the conference table like Ann wants me too. And Perry's office: I can just see Lois and Clark asking Perry if he could let them have his office for a while in order to do some research into the human reproductive process.
Squee!!!! Looking forward to it Michael! And you could always just add blinds if you wanted to... it's your story! wink

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Features Writer
Features Writer
When I did my infamous conference table scene in "Inside Out," I checked a couple eps to see if there were blinds, and if memory serves, there are, so I assume they're just raised most of the time.

My newspaper has a similiar-sized conference room with glass walls on all sides (we call it The Fishbowl) and it has venetian blinds that can -- but rarely are -- lowered.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
I present to you... conference room blinds! laugh

[Linked Image]

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Steph, thanks. Definitely would have done that if necessary. Or Perry could have gone into the CR the next they, leaned on the table and *crack* laugh Not that this can't still happen.

Jenn, I too did some checking but it looks like I looked at the wrong episodes. Anyway, it looked like they were just completely outside of the scene, for the window frames didn't show any blinds at all.

C_A: Thanks for finding the blinds.

Michael

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard