Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
As you know, the ceremony will take place on IRC on April 5. But none of it can happen without you! Not only do we need party-animals to make this huge fun and laughs and happiness, but we also need behind-the-scenes helpers to make the ceremony something special. hyper

So... we need presenters. All categories are open, and so you're free to choose whatever you feel like presenting. Presenting means doing a small speech explaining what the category entails (it can be fun or serious, whatever you prefer) then listing the nominees, and finally, announcing the winner and handing out the famous trophee. wink

Just let us know, either here or in an email to K-Com or even to me, that you're willing to present and what category you'd like to be assigned to. I'll be updating this thread with the remaining categories as they get snatched. jump

Second... we need people for in-betweenies, commercial breaks during the ceremony. You can write fake commercials, tell jokes, anything you like as long as it's entertaining. If you're interested in taking part, raise your hand and then let me know what you'd like to do.

Let the fun begin! party

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
As promised, here's (already) an update on categories that still need a presenter:

Best Super Short Story
Best Short Story
Best Waffy Story
Best Comedy
Best Revelation Story
Best Episode Adaptation
Best Drama
Best Relationship Story
Best Alt-World / Elsworlds Story
Best Original / Supporting Character
Best New Author
Best Overall Story

See? You still got LOADS to choose from. wink

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just a suggestion... there's kind of a tradition that last year's winner of Best New Author presents the trophy - and the tiara, which looked just gorgeous on Shayne and Dave goofy - to this year's winner.

How about it, Sue? wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Features Writer
Features Writer
When it comes to commericials, are we allowed to create real ones? For instance, I have a superhero fan group which definitely places ephasis on fanfic; it even has it's own section.

It's totally kewl if we can't and I'd totally understand, but I thought I'd ask. cool

Kerth
Kerth
Just a suggestion... there's kind of a tradition that last year's winner of Best New Author presents the trophy - and the tiara, which looked just gorgeous on Shayne and Dave
I already wrote Kaethel to plead my case on that one. laugh

Congrats and best wishes to all the nominees!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
I'll take Super Short if it's still available - they're right up my alley. wink

(And I'll hopefully have time to actually read the nominees!)

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
LoisLane goofy , I don't see why that'd be a problem. Write up your text, make it commercial-like and off you go. smile

And come on, guys, we need more fun stuff for in-betweenies. Here's a couple of suggestions for you writers out there:

The 1000 ways to get rid of Lex (or Tempus)
The 1000 Jimmy-Interruptus moments
Fascinating Elvis Stories by Perry White
Lois gets in trouble, episode #342.

Come on, I'm sure you can think of something to do with that, or come up with ideas of your own! wink

Sue, I got your email, and have to say, I was hoping you'd volunteer for BNA. So this category is definitely yours!

Dave, marking you down for super short.

So the categories left for presenting are:

Best Short Story
Best Waffy Story
Best Comedy
Best Revelation Story
Best Episode Adaptation
Best Drama
Best Relationship Story
Best Overall Story

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?

Features Writer
Features Writer
Whoohoo thanks! When's the deadline?!? dance

Features Writer
Features Writer
I am actually off from work on the day of the Kerths! (Go figure, it's like my paper gave me the day off since I'm nominated for a Kerth Award and a limo is going to come and pick me up to take me to the ceremony and I'll wear a black dress and bring a hot guy to hang decoratively on my arm and ... oh wait, this isn't The Daily Planet ... bah.)

Anyway, now that I am sulking about not getting to ride in a limo or have arm candy, I suppose I can help out ... from my couch. laugh

I went and read the log from 2006 and man, it's like the cyber Oscars! How exciting!

I'd like to do Best Relationship, if it is still available.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Is it possible for James and I to present an award together? Is Best Comedy still available?

Elisabeth

Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
LoisLane, the awards will take place on April 5, so that's your deadline. wink

Elisabeth, it's absolutely no problem to present an award with James. smile El and I have presented together a few times, and I've also presented with Bethy once. Duet-presenting is a lot of fun!

And no problem, you get best comedy.

Best relationship is for you, Editorjax!

Right, so that leaves us with:

Best Short Story
Best Waffy Story
Best Revelation Story
Best Episode Adaptation
Best Drama
Best Overall Story

Come on FoLCs! dance

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by Kaethel:
LoisLane, the awards will take place on April 5, so that's your deadline. wink

Kae smile
Oh okay kewl. Do we get a set time for our commercial to air?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[Linked Image] This is probably the one and only time I'll ever regret living in the Emerald City (Sydney: historically called this because of the sparkling blue harbour, contrasted with the trees from the Sydney Harbour National Park)

2007 was the Bridge\'s 75th Anniversary, so our NYE celebrations were entitled: A Diamond night in the Emerald City...
hence the pics....
[Linked Image] not the best, but the nick-name for the bridge is the coat-hanger, and on that NYE there was a diamond in the centre of the hanger....
[Linked Image]

but yeah, beack to the topic...

the only reason I mention this is that the time difference between Kansas City and The Emerald City is just too great for myself to be involved in the actual Kerth Ceremony...
whinging

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll take Best Original Character, K.

By the way, it's worth mentioning that if you do want to present but aren't confident that you'll actually make it to the ceremony, then you have the option of writing the presentation speech in advance and asking someone else to post it on your behalf. Obviously, we wouldn't want *all* the presenters to do that, but one or two is okay. smile

Yvonne

Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for volunteering, Y! You're in for Best original character!

Categories left:

Best Short Story
Best Waffy Story
Best Revelation Story
Best Episode Adaptation
Best Drama
Best Overall Story

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Right, so my suit is pressed and my speech is written - all I need now is a date to hang adoringly off my arm and to know how early I need to set my alarm. *g*

Has the time been decided on yet? smile

Originally posted by beethoven:

the only reason I mention this is that the time difference between Kansas City and The Emerald City is just too great for myself to be involved in the actual Kerth Ceremony...
whinging
Pish. It's worth getting up early on a Sunday morning, trust me. smile

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yep, a time's been fixed. It will be on April 5, 5 pm EST. The reason why it's not the usual 6 pm is that, with my timezone, 6 pm EST is very, very, very late for me and my day-job just doesn't allow me to stay up all night and then work again on the following day. 5 pm EST is 11 pm for me and hopefully that means I can be in bed by 3 am. wink

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ARGH! the same night as the start of the new Doctor Who season. I'm not sure what time the internet fairies that allow me to watch episodes will have it to me, so there's a bit of a conflict there, dammnit. sad

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
originally posted by Kaethel:
5 pm EST is 11 pm for me and hopefully that means I can be in bed by 3 am.
I was thinking how late that would be for me, but I guess that answers my question wink

Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
An update on the categories left:

Best Short Story
Best Waffy Story
Best Episode Adaptation
Best Drama
Best Overall Story

Can't believe Kerth Night would be on DW night of all nights! Though it should start right when the eps end in the UK, so maybe we'll all have time to attend the Kerths before those of us who are obsessed with DW can rush and watch the new eps. wink

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard