#158590 02/21/08 06:45 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Go on - you know you want to. laugh

We're not exactly starving yet - we have enough stories out being edited and in the upload queue to last us the next week or so.

But, while updating the TOCs just now, I noticed quite a lot of stories out there - including quite a few vignettes - that could be making the way to the Archive if their authors were so inclined. And I know that with everyone's minds squarely on the Kerths right now, sometimes sending a submission or two to the Archive can get forgotten about.

As always, anything you submit will be very welcome!

So, go on, feed a hungry archive today!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#158591 02/21/08 09:16 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Incidentally, a couple of weeks back, I sent a batch of nagging emails out to all of you who posted stories here on the mbs in 2007 which never made it to the Archive, inviting you to send them in if you were keen.

I didn't get many replies - which was surprising as last year I got replies (and stories) from almost everyone I mailed - and I've since heard from three FoLCs at least that they never received the email.

So if you're in this group and didn't hear from me - your stories would be very welcome also!

LabRat smile (who remembers that Mary (Queen of the Capes) seemed to make up the bulk of the numbers laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#158592 02/21/08 12:05 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Labrat, I never got such an e-mail, although I did post a story in 2007. I'm wondering if others didn't get your e-mail as well, and there's the answer?

c.

#158593 02/21/08 01:47 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I've still got a couple three on the hard drive that have been posted but not archived yet.

I have to dole them out carefully since I don't write much anymore.

Tank (who doesn't write much any more but still likes to read the work of others)

#158594 02/21/08 02:02 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm wondering if others didn't get your e-mail as well, and there's the answer?
Yes, that was the point of my previous post, Carol. That I suspect many of them went into spam folders or just never made it.

I don't think I sent you an email - I don't remember your name being on the list I was given. (Each January a very kind FoLC sends me a list of stories posted to the mbs in the previous year which never made it to the Archive, so that I can 'chase them up' so to speak.) Perhaps it was missed out of the list in error.

But certainly if you have a story you wish to submit, it'll be very welcome!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#158595 02/21/08 03:06 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
That's okay, Labrat. I'll take that kind Folc's list as a sign that the story is best left off.

c.

#158596 02/21/08 03:41 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Not on your life, Ms Malo.

BTW, Labby, one of my stories that you asked after is undergoing a major overhaul that should double its length. I plan on working on it in my abundance of free time, in between teaching, Kerth-reading and my other what-nots. (Since all of my e-mails to the state Senate were successful, that should clear up several minutes each day. Maybe...)

Elisabeth

#158597 02/21/08 10:59 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
. I'll take that kind Folc's list as a sign that the story is best left off.
Well, I'd be more inclined to think it was a simple error, Carol - seems much more likely. wink

But, as ever, submissions to the Archive are entirely up to the individual author. Stories are always welcome, but we wouldn't twist any arms. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#158598 02/21/08 11:04 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Elisabeth, for the thought. smile But that Labrat's list maker didn't notice the fic tells you something smile

c.

#158599 02/22/08 01:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
CCMalo, if you mean, Invitation , then I think your wrong and a double-digit comment folder proves it.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#158600 02/22/08 10:54 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Again, I think all it probably tells us, Carol, is that people can make mistakes when they're making up lists. I wouldn't look any deeper than that really.

But, as it happens, my font of all knowledge tells me that Invitation was in fact on the list, so that blows your theory a tad. wink

In fact, apparently you would be able to submit two stories as Fact Of The Matter from last year's list is apparently still 'outstanding', as well.

But again, I reiterate, there's no need to search for excuses not to submit. It's entirely voluntary whether you want your stories on the Archive or not. We won't come after you with a warrant, I swear. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#158601 02/22/08 11:00 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
It's always been voluntary. wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

#158602 02/22/08 11:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Labrat, for checking. smile Good to know I was on the list after all. I'd based my theory on your comment that I was not on your source's list. But I just didn't get an e-mail.

c.

#158603 02/24/08 02:14 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So that means you'll consider sending in your stories, Carol? And yeah, what Elisabeth said. smile

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

#158604 02/24/08 04:11 PM
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
But I just didn't get an e-mail.
Sometimes we don't receive mails (even bulk mails) and that's not the mistake of the sender. Make sure your Mail Account's Bulk Inbox is enabled - some web sites have that option.

We can't expect Labby to go posting individual mails to everybody (hundreds of authors who have posted this year) to nag them into sending their stories to the archive. Besides, I think it is each and every FoLC-author's responsibility to help Labby keep the archive running, as it is now, by just posting the stories to her. She has enough work to do as it is and she can't go on verifying if they are on her list or if they received her mails!

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
#158605 02/24/08 05:55 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I personally would like to thank Labrat for all of the hard work she puts into keeping the archive up. I really appreciate it. I have sent in all of my stories, and they have been assigned out and uploaded quickly.

I also have sent in all of the nfic vignettes I wrote last year to the nfic archive, and only two of them have actually been uploaded.

It amazes me how fast Labrat gets the stories out to GE's. She'd make a great editor because she's clearly veryyyyyy organized! wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#158606 02/24/08 11:39 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
CG, my e-mail works fine, but thank-you for your interest. As Labrat said, she didn't think she'd sent me an e-mail in the first place. It's as simple as that. smile

I posted originally because Labrat posted this:
I sent a batch of nagging emails out to all of you who posted stories here on the mbs in 2007 which never made it to the Archive, inviting you to send them in
Since I hadn't got one, I thought that something had happened to that set of e-mails and so I posted my first comment above suggesting that. I figured at that time a lot of people probably didn't get those e-mails. smile

Btw, I too agree that there's no need to send out such notes in the first place.

And heaven knows I appreciate the work of all those over the years who have laboured to create the Archive and keep it running so well. Have said so on many occasions and written private "thank-you's" as well. smile

c.

#158607 02/25/08 12:58 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As Labrat said, she didn't think she'd sent me an e-mail in the first place. It's as simple as that. [Smile]
To clarify - if your name was on the list, Carol - and we've since established that it was - I sent you an email. I sent a huge batch out all at the same time, so I may not recall specifics - but I do know I missed no one out who was on the list.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#158608 02/25/08 01:14 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, Labby definitely deserves a huge thank you for all her hard work. smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#158609 02/25/08 03:11 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, Labby definitely deserves a huge thank you for all her hard work.
Absolutely!!

Labby also deserves some kind of Lifetime Achievement Award for her extremely patient work with writers-who-are-insecure-to-the-point-of- paranoia.

CC (referring to herself, of course laugh )

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard