Print Thread
#158512 02/16/08 12:03 PM
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Yes, it's time to get nominating the stories you think deserve an award at this year's Kerths. Nominations run from today, Saturday 16 February, until midnight EST on Sunday 2 March.

As we've said before, the more nominations submitted, the better fun for everyone, so even if you've never taken part in this stage of the process before, do consider giving it a try this year. You can nominate in as many or as few categories as you like, and you can read more about the nomination process here .

When you're ready to nominate, head over to the nominations form here . Fill in the form, click Submit, and you're done. It couldn't be easier.

Please remember that nominating and voting can only be done by FoLCs. Family, friends and work colleagues cannot nominate or vote.

We can't wait to hear from you.

Tricia cool
Kerth Committee Member

Top Banana
Top Banana
Tricia, thanks for all your work on this.

I'm wondering, though, if it might be possible to delay the deadline for nominations by a couple of weeks, given that we just the eligibles list? I'm feeling daunted by, (but grateful for smile ) the number of stories that I missed last year.

c.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for posting the announcement, Tricia! Knew I could count on you. smile

Sorry guys, I was away and therefore offline these past few days. Back now!

Now guys, hurry up and get those nominations sent! hyper

Kaethel smile
Kerth Coordinator, thankfully with a fantastic Kerth Team that rocks for real! dance

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, Tricia answered your question in the other thread. Due to some technical issues, we couldn't get the list of eligible stories out earlier, and we're very sorry about that. Unfortunately, we can't extend the nomination period as it would postpone the rest of the process, and that's just not possible.

However, I'm sure you've probably read lots throughout the year and that should help. smile

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Kaethel wrote:
However, I'm sure you've probably read lots throughout the year and that should help.
See, that's the problem. Things were such last year that I didn't get all that much reading done and so now's the crunch. Thanks for responding.

c.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, c'mon, Carol, you can do it! It's not like you have a real life or anything... is it? goofy

PJ
who hasn't got a chance of reading everything now but will nominate a few things anyway...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL, Pam. At times, more real than I care for. But you all have convinced me that if I've read something that I think is good, then nominate it.

c.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Reminder from your friendly local Kerth Coordinator: you still have today and tomorrow to send in your nominations. Deadline is March 2 at midnight EST!

So get them in on time! dance dance dance

Kaethel smile
Kerth Coordinator

- Is that what we are?

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Just sent in my nomination form, and man it was hard not to list everything! And this was just the nomination process! There were so many great stories on the boards last year, I don't know how I'll pick any single one in any category. And the new author category? Yeesh! Not one of them is bad, and every one has something to bring to fandom. I was nominated my first year, but I don't know that I could compete with such a talented group of newcomers as these. I probably wouldn't show up on very many nomination forms!

I am so thankful to be involved with such a talented group of writers and commenters here! I would like to register my admiration for all of you.

notworthy

Thanks for letting me play in your sandbox, FOLCs. It has been and continues to be great fun.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Haven't sent in my nominations form yet. For me the hard categories are Episode Adaptations and Original/Supporting Characters. I'm looking for Labby's pin. (Although I may aim at hubby's computer since I love my laptop so much.)

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/me dumps a large box of shiny new pins at the entrance to the thread...free to anyone who wants one! wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard