Next Thread
Print Thread
#15839 09/20/04 04:33 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper He did it.

Perry moved past Lois and Clark into the centre of the room. Glanced around with interest at his old stomping ground. “Sorry to do this to you, son,” he told the editor, “but the suits upstairs have decided you’re not shaping up the way they’d hoped.” He shrugged. “The official letter and everything will along soon, I’m sure, but in the meantime, I couldn’t resist a quick visit to check things out.”

He took another lingering glance around the room, then turned back to address Clark. “Now, I may be an old sentimental softie, but I won’t tolerate any monkey business around here,” he said sternly. “I expect you to be here on time, sober, and ready for work whenever your Superman duties permit, you hear?”

Clark blinked like a startled rabbit. “Uh, yes. Sure.”

Lois got a puzzled look from Clark, and in turn, she eyed Perry warily. “Does this mean...” she began tentatively.

“...what I think it means?” finished Clark.

Perry grinned. “Just call me Chief.”
Perry is back! hyper

hyper I see Lois with full-time job.

confused Where is James Olson?

He gave a one-shouldered shrug. “I don’t know...I just seem able to do better when you’re around. I mean, look at what happened at the warehouse. I was beginning to get high on the red k until you came along and told me to fight it.” He smiled. “Then today, you started defending my corner in the editor’s office, so I did, too. You’re my one-woman coach.”

She laughed. “Well, it works both ways, you know.”

”It does?”
"one-woman coach" cute. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#15840 09/21/04 01:15 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
A really great part! thumbsup
Sigh, only one part to go... frown
Life in the net will be a little lonely, even if currently there are so many wonderful stories in posting: I'd loved your Lois and Clark!

Their eyes met and, just for a moment, the sounds of the bustling cafè faded away and there was complete stillness between them. Holding his gaze steadfastly, she didn't fell awkward, just... connected.
So... "Connected" is the next, isn't it? laugh Very suitable, don't you think so? wink

Simona smile
(who is not begging for a third story, but will be very happy if you write it! blush )

#15841 09/21/04 01:41 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, so they got rid of the little twit as Daily Planet editor. And now Perry's back, I guess that means that Lois will get her job back?

Even though you've posted that there is only one part left, there is still time for a nice big wham. How about it?

Tank (who is still waiting for Lois' proper haircut)

#15842 09/21/04 04:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very Nice Yvonne. Perry was a pleasant surprise. This chapter tied a lot of the lose ends together and made it easier for them to move on to the next thing. So now I look forward to more George and more B plot. Good work on the A plot though. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#15843 09/22/04 01:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
So... "Connected" is the next, isn't it?
LOL, Simona! I hereby appoint you my Chief Title Inventor. Your next assignment is to find appropriate titles for the two mystery fics I'm working on (neither of which will be sequels to Damaged!)

A wham, Tank? I would if I could, but I'm afraid we're into the end game now - it's all waffy, cuddly lovey-dovey stuff from now on. Besides, I think there's a rule against writing whams at the end of fics, isn't there?

Laura, no more George, alas. He's not really your waffy, cuddly type <g>. Mind you, there is that epilogue I'm not writing...

Yvonne

#15844 09/22/04 09:16 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Excellent Y!!! I've been trying to catch up!

And, yes, I think Connected would make and excellent title!! I say go for it!!!

wildguy wildguy wildguy

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
#15845 09/22/04 09:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yvonne, you already know I think this is brilliant smile Lovely, lovely ending.

As for a sequel... well, "Connected" is good, but then again, it doesn't really sound traumatic enough for a Yvonne fic, does it? goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#15846 09/22/04 10:14 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Simona I hereby appoint you my Chief Title Inventor. Your next assignment is to find appropriated titles for the two mystery fics I'm working on
Yeah! hyper That's me! Marvellous Titles Inventor! hyper I take my assignments very seriously, you know, so I have to know what your story is about... every little detail... probably a complete copy of your story is the perfect solution! laugh

Simona smile

(who admits she just loves Yvonne's stories and is willing to beg to read them! blush )

#15847 09/22/04 11:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL - Sounds like a good title - sort of used it myself once for an alt-fic.

c

#15848 09/22/04 11:31 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This has been a great story. I loved the beginning where they were telepathic...real honorary kryptonian there!

I've watched the dates and sat eagerly to read this every Tuesday and Thursday. It's been well worth it.

I'll head on over to the archives and see what else you've written that I haven't read yet!

Thanks for the entertainment!
Nancy smile

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard