Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
The storm after the calm. :p

He blinked at Lois, moved her out of his path.
I'm sort of imagining an amusing scene when Clark lifts Lois up and put her down somewhere else. Sort of like moving a chair, or a box, or any of those bulky but light objects out of your way. smile1

I don't think Clark would be the sort to push or shove even when under stress.

Her eyes barely flicked to his face......
Will that brief glimpse be enough to remind her of Superman when she's calmed down?

More soon please!

--meclone2--

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm bleary and tired and haven't had a decent night's sleep in the better part of a week, but I just had to read this as soon as I saw it was up. Unfortunately, that means this won't be my most coherent FDK post ever... Fair warning.

Well, that made things a tad more complex, didn't it?

Poor distracted and lonely Clark. I feel for him.

Poor confused and scared Lois. At least she has a good playmate.

Glad to see her appreciating Clark as much as she does. Here's hoping that trend continues, maybe to the point of some trust? Oh, wait. This is Lois. Forget I asked.

"mother naked" - I'm not familiar with this phrase. Is it related to "naked as the day you were born?"

He swallowed, shaking his head. "Lois, I can hardly believe you're saying this. You're about the most ambitious, career-driven person I know! You may think now that having a baby is more important than your career, but what happens when you wake up one day and realise that having this kid has ruined your chances of ever getting that Pulitzer, or even another Kerth? Aren't you going to resent it?"

Lois had gone pale, but she was still regarding him levelly. "Weren't you the one telling me last night how good a reporter I am, Clark? You're singing a different tune now. Was that just a line you were spinning to get me into bed?"

"No!" Clark looked down at the barely touched sandwich in his hand, dropped it on his plate and shoved it aside. "You are good, Lois. You're the best damn journalist I know. But one of the reasons you're so good is that you never let anything, or anyone, stand in your way. How are you going to do all-night stakeouts, or go undercover in an auto theft ring, if you've got a kid to worry about?"

"Clark, you can't seriously believe I haven't thought about all of that." Her voice had risen. "I'm well aware that I have a choice between having a child or being the best in my career, and I've made that choice. And while we're talking about choices, I thought you'd made yours when you signed that contract. You agreed to help me get pregnant. Why are you so keen to talk me out of it now?"
I don't get this.

Clark: Isn't a baby going to put a major obstacle in your career path? Isn't there a chance you might regret that?

Lois: What, you don't think I'm a good journalist?

Clark: Huh? That's not what I said...

Lois: I know a baby is going to put a major obstacle in my career path. I've thought about it, and this is my decision.

Why do we need the middle part? Is Lois deliberately misunderstanding for some reason? I hardly see room for the misunderstanding in the first place. I understand that she's angry, and that she doesn't really want to talk about it (although I was hoping she would), but the non-sequitor attack kind of bothered me.

The rest of the conversation is really good. Hurtful, but well done.

Very evil timing of that emergency.

Hope Superman doesn't scare his poor innocent rescuee too much...

Looking forward, as always, to seeing more of this.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Great part smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't get this.
Paul, how about this:

Clark: If you have a baby you'll never win any more awards.
Lois: What happened to "You could take a year off and still be the best?"
Clark: A child is a responsibility for more than a year.
Lois: Well, so be it.

Does that make more sense? smile

Thanks for the Guy Perspective - one thing my BRs didn't give me! laugh Looks as though that conversation could use a little work.

Mere smile

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Back to say - thanks for the comments, meclone2, Paul and Julia! I'm glad you're enjoying it! smile1

Part 5 up soon.

Mere smile

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard