Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey guys!

Yep, it's that time of the year again… snow, cold, winter… and Kerth Awards! hyper hyper hyper

No change in the Kerth Committee, we're the same team as last year, ready to make the whole ceremony rock yet another year, with the help of all the FoLCs who dedicate their time and energy to making the whole event even more fun. clap clap clap

2008 schedule

Nominations will run from February 16 to March 2, midnight EST. The official ballot will be released on March 10 at the latest (time for Yvonne and me to count your noms!)

Voting will run from March 22 to March 31, midnight EST.

The ceremony will take place on IRC on Saturday, April 5. We're still discussing the time for the ceremony and will post an announcement regarding that in due time: this year indeed, the ceremony might start a couple of hours earlier than usual, since your ageing wink European coordinator has a very hard time staying awake between midnight and 4 am.

2008 categories

No change from the 2007 list:

Best Super Short (1-10k): Very short stories.

Best Short Story (11-50k): Short stories of any subject or tone.

Best Waffy Story (1-50k): Short, mainly light stories intended to give the reader a Warm and Fuzzy Feeling. No A-plots.

Best Comedy: Generally short stories where the main purpose is to amuse.

Best Mid-Length Story (51-200k): Mid-length stories of any subject or tone.

Best Revelation Story: Stories which contain a revelation about Clark being Superman. The person finding out can be Lois or any other character.

Best Episode Adaptation: Stories which alter the events of, or start from some point in, a particular episode. Includes adaptations, continuations, and rewrites.

Best Drama: Stories which focus on a series of exciting or suspenseful events. Stories can be similar in tone and balance to the show's episodes, or tackle a more serious subject matter, and will generally, though not always, contain a significant A-plot. No size restrictions.

Best Alternate Universe / Elseworlds Story: Stories which feature parallel universes (including the Alt World that was introduced on the show), or stories in which the author has made major changes (such as time, place and/or nature of the characters) before where the series started in the Pilot. Cross-overs and Next Generation stories would also fit in this category. No size restrictions.

Best Original / Supporting Character: Rewards a special character from stories which strongly highlight a supporting character from the series or creates a new, interesting character that plays an important role in the story. No size restrictions. (Sorry, but versions - no matter how altered - of Clark or Lois do not qualify as Original or Supporting Characters)

Best New Author: Limited to authors who first published their Lois & Clark stories in the past year.

Best Overall Story: A story of any type that is outstanding overall. No size restrictions.

More information is available at the official Kerth Website , which will be updated with all the relevant information in the next few days. There, you will find the FAQ, the list of eligible stories and new authors, the list of categories and so much more. And if there’s still a question we haven’t answered, feel free to email us at kcom07@lcficmbs.com. We’ll be happy to help you!

The Kerth Committee smile
(Kaethel, Yvonne, Elena, Annette and Tricia.)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I just cannot believe I messed up when writing the dates in my previous post... I have no clue how it happened, honestly, and please accept my apologies. Let's hope I do this right this time:

Okay, so nominations will run from Feb 16 to March 2 (and not March 10!) - The official ballot will be announced on March 10.

Voting time was right from March 22 to March 31.

And of course the ceremony will be on April 5 (not April 6)

Please update your calendar!

Kae blush blush blush

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Will the summary list of eligible stories be posted again this year? It's a handy checklist - I'm really behind on my reading smile

As always, huge thanks to the K-Com. clap

And also to quizz-setters, Julie and Tricia. How you've managed to keep up with all the stories this year is beyond me. clap

c.

Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yes, Carol, it will be posted as soon as our wonderful webmasters Elena and Annette have a moment. smile

Kae smile

- Is that what we are?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Kaethel smile And thanks E & A!

c.

Columnist
Columnist
dance Can't wait!!

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I am excited as well. dance

Mona

Features Writer
Features Writer
I am confused ... one of my stories was written and submitted to the archive in 2007 but hasn't been posted yet, but I would like it to be eligible. How do I go about that?

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Send an email to the Kerth committee that includes a link to where to find your story (a TOC on these boards, a page on your website, whatever) and ask that it be included. I'm certain they'll be happy to oblige. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I can't get the eligible stories list to load on the Kerth site. Does anybody know if this is this a problem with my computer or is the list not complete yet?

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As far as I know, it's because K-Comm hasn't posted the list yet.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Thank you, Labby! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I don't want to be a nag, since I respect all of the hard work that goes into organizing the Kerths; however, since nominations open so soon will they be posting a list of eligible stories in the next few days?

Elisabeth
who is trying not to look pushy

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Oops! The nominations are over? I'd been away from the boards for a while and totally forgot the deadline! I missed it!!!
blush eek blush eek blush eek blush

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard