Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by BJ:
What if he left Lois of his own accord, thinking that she and their baby would be better off without a freak like him around?
BJ
This would be more likely in an ALT world where Clark has lost his parents at a young age rather than one who raised by M/J through adulthood. IMO anyway smile . The Clark we know, lunkhead or not, seems to value family above just about everything - a fic posted not too long ago on the archive - Coming of Age? - was about that kind of thing - a young Lois and Clark [who aren't dating or anything] have a child together. Anyway - I think it would be more likely in another universe where CK is orphaned at a young age with no one to help him with his 'freakiness', maybe even no Lana unless it's later.

Originally posted by Darth_Michael:

And Luthor the home wrecker. No, I don't think so. That would make for really bad press if it where to come out. And that wouldn't do if he wants to be man of the year.
Home wrecker? No. Around to pick up the pieces when things just fall apart 'on their own'? Sure. And he'd never orchestrate things to separate what he wanted [Lois] from her family and friends, even husband if necessary. I know I did it and I'm sure others have too.

JMOs smile .
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Have to agree with Darth Michael about Lex, up to a point. Before PML, Lois would be hands off to Lex. After PML then it wouldn't be a problem. But a new one would arise. There would be more death threats against Clark Kent because Lex would be trying to get rid of the competition.

I also don't see this as an ALT world, either. Martha and Jonathan contributed more than even Perry and Jimmy did in the shows. I think it could fly with them still in it.

However, I think I can see where Queen of Capes is coming from.

How about we make this a community project.

QoC would be the Producer. She would have final say on all the rewrites. I like the idea of mapping out each season. Maybe we should just do the first season and see what that gets us. That way we could organize and get a better idea of what works and what doesn't.

I think we should ask for volunteers for each episode. We would need two. The primary writer and a backup if RL starts getting too hard.

Each story should have a dedicated Beta Reader.

We would also need a continuity person. QoC is the visionary, but we need someone that makes sure that the we don't have any goof ups. We can't have little Jonathan having he best friend Pearl have blonde hair in one show and be a red head two stories later.

I would be happy to volunteer for this job. I am geeky and picky enough for the job. If, QoC will let me.. hyper !!!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Home wrecker? No. Around to pick up the pieces when things just fall apart 'on their own'? Sure.
After PML then it wouldn't be a problem. But a new one would arise. There would be more death threats against Clark Kent because Lex would be trying to get rid of the competition.
Bingo! smile

If, QoC will let me..
IF????! What you mean *IF*, James? goofy

QoC would be the Producer. She would have final say on all the rewrites. I like the idea of mapping out each season. Maybe we should just do the first season and see what that gets us. That way we could organize and get a better idea of what works and what doesn't.
EEEEEEE! I like this idea! hyper
And my first declaration as Producer is: You're ALL Hired! laugh

I think I'll start some polls now. Yay! dance

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:

Originally posted by Darth_Michael:
[b]

And Luthor the home wrecker. No, I don't think so. That would make for really bad press if it where to come out. And that wouldn't do if he wants to be man of the year.
Home wrecker? No. Around to pick up the pieces when things just fall apart 'on their own'? Sure. And he'd never orchestrate things to separate what he wanted [Lois] from her family and friends, even husband if necessary. I know I did it and I'm sure others have too.[/b]
Yep, that he would. And we all (ok, those who read it wink ) know how that worked out. With them only knowing each other a couple of months and even all the rest of Valley happening. Hm, there is a thought though. Luther working all season long bit by bit. If there were a scenario that could be used by Luthor against a (happily?) married couple of ten years with a kid. (Points to the idea of Lois not knowing about Clark being Superman)

But would it work, Luthor tearing into them for at least half a seasons worth of stories? Valley was brutal, but this, you would have whole episodes with them apart, if he were to get anywhere close to achieving his goal. In the end, some people might scream for Clark to push Luthor of the balcony himself. Or to creatively apply his more invasive super powers to Luthor's extremities.

I don't know, I just associated homewrecker + story line with a blatant approach by Luthor like it was an the show. And that would be bad publicity. *Shrugs, not knowing why he ever thought so simplistically*

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
I think I'll start some polls now. Yay! dance
Oh boy, if this bird is to actually fly... party
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Poll is up! Everybody go vote now! Go! Stop reading this and vote!!

*cough*

That should cover the basics. smile

Then once we've argued over the broad strokes, we can maybe set up a thread for NeoS1 (Hm, We should find a name for it...) and start discussing episodes. *Then* we can talk about who's writing what. cool

Happy 2008, FoLCs! dance

~•~
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I voted and will definitely help-although in a few weeks I'll be starting classes so won't have as much time. I am excited about us folcs having a chance to really write the series as well it should/could have been written! smile

Mona

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just an FYI, but did you realize it has been a little over 10 years since the Folc community decided that they just couldn't take it anymore and decided to write two additional seasons on their own...

James.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow. I did not know that. eek

Cool! dance

~•~
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
There are some aspects of this project that I love. Rewriting the show as oldieweds sounds intriguing.

For the rest, I hate to be a naysayer but I'm not interested in a story where Lois gets knocked up so they get married. I'm equally disinterested if they decide to become separated or divorced. Divorce fics are not entertaining to me--divorces are too painful to be entertaining.

Elisabeth

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I'd have to veto separated or divorced as well.

Mona

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Who said anything about divorce?? dizzy

-not a fan either.

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Carol made this Star Wars reference:

{kid could be adopted by Lex Luthor and Ariana Carlin, maybe? or Tim and Amber Lake, named Luke, thus giving Clark the chance to 20 years on use that very famous line... plus provide the rationale for him to don the black spandex plus black cape)
I like the idea of Clark telling him "Luke, I am your father!" but the thought of someone naming a kid Luke Lake makes my teeth itch. He'd never make it through high school with all the teasing he'd have to endure.

Other than that, this idea sounds very interesting, but I'm going to have to be an eager reader and not a participant. If it happens, it's going to take a long time to outline everything and blue-sky all the changes and permutations along the way. I don't envy anyone that opportunity to suffer for art's sake.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
good point about the name, Luke Lake, Terry. laugh

So there goes the only reason to include the kid in the series. laugh
(jmo, of course)

c.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, there's been some grumblings of "No kid," and I just found myself in a discussion with somebody who feels we don't need him, so...

Here's why I want a kid in the story:

If Lois and Clark meet at the normal time, or even close too, not much has changed. If they fall in love sooner, all we get is LnC with all the hard parts taken out.

The same is true if they're married 10 years with no kid. We may get a few raised eyebrows and snarky comments, but that's the extent of it. A joint income with no kid only means that, again, all the hard parts are taken out.

Now imagine that these people married young, and either shortly before or shortly afterwards were saddled with a squirming, bouncing bundle of bills. Medical bills, clothes, formula, toys, furniture....You know the drill. High-schoolers could likely not afford *half* of this stuff on their own (I don't see Ellen and Sam as cooperating much). Plus, just having to sit with the baby would take time away from other things, like homework and SATs.

I see Lois and Clark as having had delayed graduations, and subsequently less career success. (I'm told some employers don't like interviewees with small children, because they may need to leave work at a moment's notice to take care of the kid.) Thus, when Lois and Clark arrive at season one, episode one, they are in a significantly different standing in their careers. They may be new to the Planet, or even not hired yet.

So while the relationship part is already washed, ironed, and neatly folded, their problems competing in the workforce of the Greatest Metropolitan Newspaper are just beginning.

And, of course, there's the snarky remarks. goofy

~•~
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
when Lois and Clark arrive at season one, episode one, they are in a significantly different standing in their careers.
You mean Lois is new to the newspaper too? Like... is the plot something like they've just now shifted from Smallville Post or something to Daily Planet for their kid's higher education, better career prospects etc. etc.

And probably Lois was Clark's childhood sweetheart whom he married very early in his life, say at twenty-five... (please please don't make Clark any older than thirty-five! blush )

So this way, both Lois and Clark were committed and devoted to each other only throughout their lives... when suddenly Lex comes into play grumble grumble grumble (why the hell do I think of A-Plots when I don't like them myself?) and then *Superman* is needed, so Lois sort of comes up with this brilliant idea for her *husband* to help people... and then Lex sort of gets attracted to Lois (hell, CG! Why the hell did you think of this?) and tries his best to capture her heart? Lois believes him at first but then she believes Superman more, doesn't she?

And the whole wedding in BATB/HOL is a ruse to convict Luthor... besides LnC's son is developing superpowers... blush am I going in a different tangent?

"Let the games begin..." smile

Half of this is just a summary of Queen of Capes' first post in this thread...

Anybody for this plot? Please... please... tell me what you think... blush

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
dizzy

~•~
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
I think I'm beginning to get sucked (using gr8shades' recent term laugh ) into your idea, QotC... I was a bit apprehensive at first...

but tell me one thing... I seriously want some sort of change/ gradation in LnC's relationship just like it happened in the episodes...

As married couples... they remain just that - married. What sort of changes can they undergo- unless it is becoming/growing old together...

CG
------------

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I like the kid! And I think it is interesting to consider the possibility that Lois and Clark got married as teens. Maybe right after Clark learned to fly?

I would love it if the kid was the reason for Lois and Clark to get married - as long as the kid is Lois and Clark's! But, well, I know that some people don't like that idea.

Anyway, Lois and Clark married since their teens, with a ten-year-old kid, and both of them starting to work at the Daily Planet when they are in their late twenties and creating Superman together - that's an interesting scenario, to be sure.

Ann

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
I would love it if the kid was the reason for Lois and Clark to get married - as long as the kid is Lois and Clark's!
Normally I would be against that idea... but if that's what it takes to make the premise sound feasible... then okay, go ahead! <sigh>

CG
------------

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard