Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Christmas is a time for giving, so I thought why not have ourselves a merry little ficathon and give each other the gift of a story? -- neat idea, isn't it? Yes, I knew you'd think so, too. laugh

The idea is this:

You list things you'd like to see in a story, things you don't want, ect. and then someone is assigned to write one for you. In return, you would also be assigned a story where you write for someone else. And the really cool thing is that this is like Secret Santa since no one knows beforehand who'll be writing a story for them. laugh

Rules:

Note that stories don't *have* to be Christmas stories. Unless the request you get states it specifically, of course. It would be fun if stories had a Holiday theme, but I'm not going to limit anyone's inspiration by requiring them to be centered around Christmas.

1. Sign ups end December 9th (that's a full week from now).

2. In order to sign up, email your completed form (located just a little further below) to laramoon@mac.com with the subject "ficathon."

3. Assignments will be given out on December 10th.

4. Stories should be at least 750 words in length.

5. You can start posting your stories as soon as you're ready. You can post them yourself, just make sure posts are labeled "ficathon" so we can identify them - also don't forget to mention who the story is for, when you post it. *g*

6. All stories should be posted before January 5th.

7. If your story is delayed - or if you find you won't be able to finish - you must let me know as soon as possible.

8. If possible, have your story beta-read. These stories are meant as Christmas presents - the contents should be as appealing as the wrapping, I think. *g*

9. No character-bashing is allowed. Neither will deathfics. And we'll not be doing nfic either, because it would be really lame for someone to not be able to read the story written for them because they don't have access to that side of the boards...

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Shamelessly bumping the post back up a bit. laugh

Come on and send in your sign-up forms, guys and gals. You know you wanna!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Last Friday before sign-ups end. That deserves an extra bump.

Besides, I'm wondering why I need a sinup form. I thought sin was an equal opportunity experience. laugh

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
OMG - Elisabeth, you just made me spill coffee all over my keyboard. Well... it's my fault really...

SignUp forms. laugh Yes... I'm sorry. *lol*

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Last chance.... Signups end this evening and assignments will be sent out on Monday morning.

laugh

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey guys!

Assignments have all been sent out. If you haven't received it, please let me know ASAP so that I can send it to you again.

There were 14 requests(*) I have tried my best to match requests and authors in ways that made sense and to give everyone something they'd have fun reading and writing.

When you post the story please mention ficathon in the title of it so we can identify the stories. And also, make sure you mention who you're writing for, inside your post.

Thanks everyone!! You all rock! smile

(*: actually there were 15, but I took mine out 'cause I felt bad writing to anyone going "guess what, you're writing for me!" - so no one's going to see what I was gonna ask Santa *lol*. And I also won't be writing for anyone, which is kinda sad, really. *sighs* I'm sorry about that.)

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me grabs lara and twirls her around the thread

Spent a few minutes brainstorming mine with Missy and came up with [what I think is] a great idea! Now, to keep it short enough to get done as I think it could get out of hand...

Thanks for organizing this!!!
Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Next time, Lara, work with a partner so your partner can secretly assign a fic to you and you can secretly assign a fic for your partner. Neat trick, huh? Now all you need is a volunteer. wave ...unless you had somebody else in mind. huh

Elisabeth
PS who is delighted to see Carol in such a good mood after all she's been through in the last few weeks

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me hijacks thread momentarily

Thanks, Elisabeth.

DH had his kidney stone ['upgraded' from 3.2mm to 5mm then back to 4mm] lithroscopied [I think] this afternoon. Couple of days and he should be much better [and back to work and I can have my house back]. DS gained 4oz in 8 days - still on the low side but we're happy with it. Schoolwork is caught up [except for 3 late essays], most of the final is self grading, the last assignment is 'did they do it' mostly, and the other part of the final usually takes about a minute to grade, all of the grades are added for me once they're input so all I have to do is see where they land on the scale and then turn them in.

We do have to see a geneticist with DS next month but that he's gaining weight is apparently a good sign. Our doc's office isn't really sure what it is.

To bring it back on topic...

I now have time to write and beta [almost] guiltfree [house is a mess].
Carol [who CANNOT wait to sleep in her own bed tomorrow or Wed night!]

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Elisabeth! Yeah - I know, I thought about asking for help on Monday morning, but that's the day I was flying off the Vegas (I'm here now! Heee! With Sue! Heee!) so... well, I didn't have time to ask anyone - I had to send out the assignments before I got on the plane.

But hey, it's OK. Not like it's a huge deal. No worries. smile

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I don't quite understand the rules here, because I haven't been paying attention. But I think Lara should post her wish list and someone should write her a story anyway - she deserves a reward for all that organising! laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
I agree, Labrat. I am currently in the process of trying to beat Lara into giving me her list.

To quote Perry, I'm on it like flies on a T-bone.

Actually, that's really nasty. How about I'm on it like me on a Coach purse?

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, Lara! Post your list and let us fill your stocking with potential shirtless Clarks, romantic dinners and maybe even a little Batman (/me wonders about that one, but he does wear a tight black suit. Hmmmm.... Batman in a black, Kryptonian suit along side Kal-El. Things that make you go hmmmmm....)

[Linked Image]

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
I say, you post your list here, for everyone to see!

Anybody who wishes to write a fic for you can attempt one.

I'm pretty sure you'll get a lot of fics FOR YOU.

And you deserve them all because you've really done a great job organizing this Christmas Ficathon and we'll get to see how many different types of stories we can come up with, for the same plot - yours... smile

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by MissyG:
Yes, Lara! Post your list and let us fill your stocking with potential shirtless Clarks, romantic dinners and maybe even a little Batman (/me wonders about that one, but he does wear a tight black suit. Hmmmm.... Batman in a black, Kryptonian suit along side Kal-El. Things that make you go hmmmmm....)

[Linked Image]
Missy - today you MUST work on SLC. Not a fic for Lara. Tomorrow you may work on Lara fic if you get SLC done [and she posts her list and the muse doesn't strike for your Christmas ficathon fic first and... ;-)]

/me taps foot impatiently and watches inbox
Carol

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard