Print Thread
#157511 11/08/07 10:44 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
If Lois and Clark were going to go out for a night on the town - I mean fancy shmancy - what might they do? I'm thinking rented limo type night. Possibly similar to something Lex might do - fancy exclusive restaurant and some cultural thing. But something they would enjoy and not some... I don't know - Italian opera that they wouldn't understand [not that I have against Italian opera but you know what I mean...]

Thoughts?

TIA
Carol

#157512 11/08/07 01:22 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
If I remember right, Clark was planning to take Lois to a concert on one of their first dates but they couldn't go.

Also, I'd think that Lois and Clark might like something a little less formal, but more intimate like an evening of dinner and music at an upscale jazz club, or some such thing. Music always makes a nice backdrop for an evening where a couple can just be comfortable together. The option for companionable silence is there, as is low-toned more intimate converstations.

Besides, good music always puts people in good moods.

Tank (who is a bit biased, but there are few better forms of entertainment than music)

#157513 11/08/07 01:34 PM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Ooooooo - thanks, Tank! I was looking for an excuse to put CK in a tux, but a nice suit with dancing might work too. The concert was Pearl Jam - not quite what I had in mind. The evening is a gift from someone so it's not necessarily what they'd pick themselves but still something they'd enjoy, you know? An upscale restaurant with music and dancing just might do the trick though.

Anyone else?
Carol

#157514 11/10/07 06:10 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Okay so it's close to the opera thing but...

Maybe they could go see the Metropolis Philharmonic? wink

Or a dance performance? I mean, my vote would definitely be for the opera but if you don't like that idea...

I live in NYC right near Lincoln Center...if you really want more inspiration, you could maybe go on their website and see what other kinds of events they have going on there. It's all very upscale and formal type stuff.

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles
#157515 11/10/07 06:48 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Might Metropolis have one of those fancy restaurants at the top of a large city tower, where you can eat with a view of the city below? Very romantic, especially at night. Maybe it revolves?

Or what about a restaurant on a boat that cruises around the bay? I never felt that Hobbs Bay was a particularly upscale part of town laugh , but, you know, that's not to say that it doesn't have an area that's been extensively redeveloped with upmarket waterfront bars, restaurants and clubs somewhere along its shores.

LabRat smile

PS - ultragirl - LOL'd at your sig. I haven't watched any Buffy for the longest time, but I have the new complete box set on order and plan a wallow soon. Your sig put me right in the mood. laugh

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#157516 11/10/07 08:50 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Something I really enjoy is seeing a musical. I suspect Metropolis would have several shows on the run, even back then. Or maybe some ice show? But I'm biased there, I just saw the Romanza show by Holiday on Ice yesterday, and had the greatest time. laugh but that really is something modern.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#157517 11/11/07 08:54 AM
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
I would second the suggestion of a jazz performance. Lois seems to know a ton of jazz standards, so I bet she'd enjoy that. If we assume Metropolis is like New York City, you have a lot of options, the most high brow of which is the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra. Metropolis also probably has an absurd number of fancy French restaurants (NYC has more French restaurants than Paris).

If it's summer time in your story, there's Shakespeare in the Park. But really, if you want Clark to win Lois over, I'd suggest a chocolate tasting. They've got some elaborate ones with wine pairings and all that. Very high brow, but seriously, could anything make Lois happier?

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard