Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
Posting here is fine, but in cases where some people know certain authors better than most, it could influence the voting. For example, if Sue posts here that she thinks DJ wrote such and such a fic, I'm going to have a hard time not agreeing with her because she would know a lot better than I.

I think a poll in the polls section would work best, because each person can vote for each one and then afterwards see whether or not they were with the majority and/or plurality. Plus, it would save you tallying them up.

I would still say to post guesses here like we did before but as for the actual voting...

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poll sounds good, but it wouldn't enable us to figure out who wins. *lol* Or does no one win at all? I thought there was something about whoever getting the most right...

Otherwise, I agree that votes should probably be kept secret -- else for instance, it actually forces me to vote for someone else on something I wrote. There's no way for me to vote and not give away information. I know what I wrote and it would be silly for me to enter my name for a story that I know for a fact that I didn't write -- and if I do enter my name for one story, won't people automatically know that it's cause I did write that? Not to mention if I omit to put a pick on a story, it's just the same as me telling everyone I wrote it... no?

See the dilemma?

(erm... this made LOTS of sense in my head, but I'm not sure I'm explaining it well...)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Give me a day or so and I can put together a voting program over at 'The World of Lois & Clark'

It will help if I have the list however for the final tallies, however.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hang on - there's going to be voting? I thought we were just guessing who wrote which story and then at some point Laura would post the answers and we'd all find out if we were right or not.

What would we be voting on?

Confused Rat laugh

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
Exactly, LabRat! The guesses are in! Let's just DO IT ALREADY!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
I misstated - a form to tally the guesses.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Merriwether
Merriwether
I understood, LaraMoon.

Oh, and Sue. As for

I can't possibly wait two more weeks to see how wrong I was.
You can't be worse than me.

Woody - Paul
I'm already 0 for 1.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm sticking to as many of my original guesses as I can. To second guess myself would eventually lead to insanity. James has enough to deal with right now without a wacko for a wife. That still leaves me with 9 stories I need to guess on.

Huge props to Elisabeth, who managed a guess on nearly every fic (and I bet she would have guessed on all of them if RL hadn't been so heavy at the end of the month).
Thanks, Sue. After the second death in just a week, I haven't felt like hanging out in happy-go-lucky places anymore. I wouldn't be back on tonight, except that James told me that if I didn't come back to guess none of my unofficial guessing earlier would count for anything. But don't worry, after nanowrimo is over I'm sure I'll be in a better mood.

(Besides I can't leave the boards knowing that my last posts were incredibly crabby. I have to come back at least long enough to send out a few apologies.)

BTW, I noticed that two stories didn't have any guesses at all. That probably means they didn't get any feedback. I wouldn't want some authors out there thinking we didn't like their stories (I confess I haven't even read them, yet) so we might want to revisit that--unless, of course, they were indeed all written by Sue and Laura is just trying to throw us off the scent by giving us a list to choose from.

Elisabeth

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Let's just guess already is my vote; enough with the confusion! smile We could simply have some kind of chart that has all the story names, all the authors, and us guessers could put a check mark..lol..wait this is via computer not on a piece of paper! Like I said before let's just guess.

Mona

Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
*Blinks* I am confused. Sorry, I should have thought this through a little better. I just cleared out my entire inbox. So if people want to PM their guesses to me, I could post them later, or, you you'd like, I could just post the answers and everyone can just find out now. What do you think? I know a lot of people are anxious to find out who wrote what. I would have no problem simply listing the authors and the stories they wrote.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Features Writer
Features Writer
I personally would like to know who wrote what at this point. Since a lot of them have been up for quite a while, I would have to reread several of them in order to make a guess, and the ones I made a guess on, I did initially. JMHO.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
That sounds good to me. I feel this has gone on quite a while. If a few more people feel that way, I'll post the list either today or tomorrow.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard