Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I got so stuck today that I thought my story was done for. Then, when Lois was at her worst point, when things couldn't get any worse, who should walk into the courthouse but Ellen Lane. There may just be hope for the story, even if Lois is having a rotten evening.

Elisabeth
who really didn't have anything to say, but since this mixed-up forum was having me double-post hours apart, I decided to use this as an opportunity

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[Linked Image]

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Features Writer
Features Writer
I thought for sure that my brain had sputtered to a dead halt. For the past several days I haven't been able to write more than a couple hundred words at a time.

And then, today, as I sat down and thought deviously, my fingers started to move again! I managed to crank out 4,025 words today to give me a grand total of 32,647. (Thank you Questionable Things Generals Do and the Righteous Anger it Brings Out in Characters!)

And I think I'm actually going to be starting more on the subplot here pretty soon! Woot!

*falls into bed, realizing it's just after midnight*

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congratulations to anyone who is still writing at this point and still takes the time to actually read this thread. thumbsup

I am at 35,788 at the moment but I am getting so close to the end of my story that I very much fear that I'll run out of words before the 50,000 is up. dizzy

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
haven't been keeping up with this thread as much as I could/should have. /ducks

Elisabeth, you deserve a star for cheering us on like this -- and writing, too, cause your story is coming along nicely, it seems, huh?

I have - as usual - developed a love/hate relationship with my story, but thanks to someone's constant encouragement, I'm again in the "omg, I love it!" phase and so things are looking up. laugh In fact, I plan on being at 30k this evening. If I have to stay up all night, I'm going to hit the damned 30k. I am NOT going to bed without it.

Congrats to everyone who's still writing - especially to those who have things more important in life than to worry about adding words in a text file. *hugs*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I am so jealous of all of you who are so far along! I'm pretty proud of my 18050 words given everything else that is going on smile . I am currently all caught up on grading but new assignments were turned in last night that I have a week to do. I'm going to try to do them today so I don't have them hanging over my head at the hospital. DS's surgery is first thing in the morning [miscommunication between the pediatrician and surgeon - meeting with the surgeon is today, surgery is tomorrow, probably 6am!]. If I can get all of that done, then I can write to my heart's content at the hospital [when not caring for DS of course - another reason I don't want schoolwork hanging over me - I have no idea how much actual time he'll need].

Congrats to all of you who are doing so well!
C

Merriwether
Merriwether
Congratulations to all those above 30k and to those almost there wink And Carol, I have no idea how you managed to write 18k with everything that's going on in your life. A big round of clap for Carol.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Thanks woody smile .

I have to feed DS at 2am tomorrow morning - last thing he can have before 8am surgery [am grateful it's that late!]. My goal is to have assignments graded by then so that I won't have them hanging over me all weekend and when I do have down time I can do something fun - like figure out how Luthor and Nigel and the evil stuff they're doing is going to figure in to the eventual creation of the Sman... And exactly how long Lois is able to keep her hands off a certain soon-to-be-superhero and how long Clark, under... not quite normal circumstances is willing to be patient [/me tries desperately not to give too much away ;-)].

Okay - off to gulp down a hot pocket before hitting those essays...
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*hugs* Carol - you really have all my admiration. ...and I'm really anxious to read that story of yours, now!

I hope everything goes OK. You guys will definitely be in my thoughts.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I keep hoping that a strong wind will blow that will push me past that 30K mark. (Besides, I'm getting pretty tired of chasing LaraMoon wink , not that the view is bad.)

Elisabeth
who could have been a contende'

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Made 35,106! whinging

"Who invited you?!" she asked :rolleyes:

"You did!!" I answered with a smile... laugh

She walked away grumbling to herself. angel-devil

If anyone is interested, my nano number is : 257592

And my live journal is here: Lexy\'s Livejournal , which I update daily, when I can blush

Lexy [Linked Image]

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lexy, I've tried to add you as a buddy since the first day you posted in this thread, but the website always kicks me back to the homepage instead of asking if I'm sure I want to add you to my buddy list. Thanks for posting your word count and member number so I can see how you're doing. smile

Now that I'm finally home, I've got to knuckle down and write 2500 words a day if I'm going to finish. We'll see.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I unfortunately had to bow out this year. I made it to a little over 18k which is much better than last years total for me.

I've had a lot of problems that hit this month. Abscessed teeth, root canals, and work is so terrible I have almost walked out and quit on the spot 2-3 times.

With all this going on not only could I not get into my story enough to write I just haven't had time.

I think next year I will do another original story but I will prepare much better for it than I did this year. This year I went into the story with no plot and no characters. Next year I think I at least need to have a general idea of what I want. smile

Until then, good luck to everyone. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
@Sheila - Yay! *cheers* You're back! I have no doubt that you will make it with flying colours!

@Jojo - poor you! *huggles*
Good luck for next time!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C

Am surreptitiously typing while sis is rocking C. Will type less surreptitiously once she's gone smile .

Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Glad to see you're finding some time for yourself, Carol. Enjoy those moments of peace.

Sheila, you have added her as a buddy. There is a glitch in the nanowrimo software that only allows you to see the first eleven buddies in order of their user number. If you click on the "My Nanowrimo" tab and then select the "Writing buddies" tab it will show you all of your buddies (but no details, I'm sorry to say). If there are some people who said they wanted to wrimo, but didn't do it you can delete them here. If not... huh

Jojo, it's really sad that you're dropping out since you were the cheerleader that got so many of us in. I do hope you finish, even if it is in December. I am reminded of an original fiction forum I once knew...

By the way, I ditched the really long novel excerpt and replaced it with a short, fun one.

Elisabeth
33029!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks, Elisabeth. I deleted some people who either never got started or only wrote a bit before quitting--or in jojo's case, announced that they were quitting. And you're right. Now I can see all of them.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me grabs everyone and twirls them around the thread.

TWENTY THOUSAND!!!

Was at 184xx when I started today. Most of that has been in the last hour or so.

Will probably write a little bit more tonight and then tomorrow - that's all I have on my agenda - take care of C, pack up stuff to go home at some point and write all day - shouldn't have too many visitors tomorrow - sis was here about 9 hours today...

Carol

ETA: 21011 and I'm done for the night.

Hopefully, I can write like the wind tomorrow smile .

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! Carol, way to go!!

And Elisabeth, I see you're ahead of me now - I hope the view's better from that side. *lol*

Keep it up, everyone! We can do this! laugh

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I've been watching the little troops while the rest of the family does a bunch of work at the bank to manage the estate. Still, since everybody's playing so nicely you would think I would have more than 700 words written.

LaraMoon, maybe my down day will help you to catch up again. It's not so much your view that I'm worried about, but the odor--since I've given up bathing in November to provide more time for writing.

On the over-30's nano-forum they were messing around with autosummaries. If you are using Microsoft Word, you click on Tools, Autosummary, select 10 or 20 sentences in a new document. This is how Word summarizes my story:

Just like Lois. “Relax, Lois. Clark sighed. Clark groaned. If you’ll excuse me…” Clark swallowed. Clark swallowed. Lois rolled her eyes. “Lois?” How’s Lois doing?”

Clark sighed. Lois volunteered.

~*~

“Clark!”

“Don’t worry, Lois,” Clark promised. Clark sighed. Lois grimaced. Clark shrugged. Lois flinched. Lois.

“Lois? “Superman called.
Makes you want to run out and read it, doesn't it?

My favorites from the board were:
Deidre nodded.
Deidre nodded.
Deidre nodded.
Damien nodded.
Damien thought.
Damien nodded.
Damien nodded.
“Deidre?”
Damien nodded.
Damien nodded.
and this one:
"Ack.”
“Ack?”
Ack.
“Hannah?”
“Ack!”
Ack,
“Ack?”
“Ack.”
“Ack?
“Ack?”
(The main character's name is Ack, but it is still too funny.)

Elisabeth
33738 and still writing--in between cruising the forums

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard