Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, Missy, you asked for it.

22,609 words as of last night. thumbsup

In my part of the world, today is the 15th, which means that I should have 25,000 words written by the end of the day.

So, only 2391 words to go... dizzy

At least it's only twenty to eleven in the morning ... so where is that *fingers crossed* icon?

Oh, and I just updated my excerpt on nano's website if anyone is interested: My Nano Page .

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aromassa!

You go girl!! I'm in awe of your productivity!

I wish I had started on time, but I'm feeling pretty good so far.

Your excerpt was awesome! Can't wait to see what else you have brewing!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I envy anyone without a day job, headaches from hell and a MC who is so damned stubborn, getting him to do anything is a real chore. *sighs*

Am currently at 16600-some words. And starting to feel defeat catching up with me. I've got plans on Friday night, then again on Sunday and the weekend after that. There's no way I'll catch up.

I am *so* screwed.

I guess starting over a second time was a really AWFUL idea.

(ETA: oooh! my next post will be #2000 - how cool!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
You certainly could use a pep talk. The headache is a killer, but the day job is your friend. It helps you to organize your time better. Try going on a date with that Main Character tonight; you might just need to rekindle the romance between you two.

Elisabeth
PS You're still a long way away from defeat. Don't give up, yet. You can do it! (If for no other reason than the fact that Woody has devoted his entire November to cheering you on.)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lara, I was feeling the same way yesterday. I've been out of town for the past several days during my normal writing times, and I'm trying to get ready for a 5 day trip across the country to see my best friend, so I won't get ANY writing done while I'm visiting her. I know I'm about 4500 words ahead of you, but I also know I write s-l-o-w-l-y, so it's terribly hard to catch up if I get behind. And I'm about 2200 words behind the regular NaNo schedule right now.

BUT--I realized that I have written 21,121 words on a book that I couldn't write even one word on during my summer break. The 50,000 word NaNo deadline is an artificial deadline, especially because this book is probably going to be 65-85,000 words, so if I only make 45,000 words, I haven't lost anything. In fact, I've won! I will have most of the rough draft finished on a book I've been trying to write for almost two years.

Okay, so maybe I won't win NaNo. But the reason I never tried before was that I knew November was a terrible month job-wise for me to take on that kind of writing task. And I'm okay with that. I'm still shooting for the 50,000 mark, and if I make it, you may be able to hear the screams all the way across the country. But the purpose of this "contest" isn't actually to write a book in one month. It's to write the book. And that's what I'll do. smile

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey guys, I too am at a standstill. I open my novel and stare at it.

Between abscessed tooths, root canals, crappy job situations, and the massive amount of overtime I'm probably going to be forced to do today... I think that I'm pretty screwed on getting caught up. Oh and of course as I mentioned... I've gotten writers block. frown

I'm going to keep pushing and see what I can do but man, I just don't know. Real life isn't playing nice.

(I do feel better seeing that Chris Baty, who has won every year, is only at about 17,800 words)

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yahoo, aromassa!! Has everyone seen her total for halfway through the month? Way to go!!!

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Merriwether
Merriwether
Let's go, JoJo, let's go
Let's go, Lara, let's go
Let's go, Sheila, let's go.

And Lara, how do I *know* you can do it? Three words. Reversal of Fortune.

As for the MC, pretend he's Clark in Contact, and have at him. Give him a good talking to. And if you do it through one of the other characters, it'll add to your word total.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Try going on a date with that Main Character tonight; you might just need to rekindle the romance between you two.
Oh, how I wish he would want to go out with me. *giggles* I would SO date that guy. blush

I will have most of the rough draft finished on a book I've been trying to write for almost two years.
Yay Sheilah! That's wonderful. clap

I'm going to keep pushing and see what I can do but man, I just don't know. Real life isn't playing nice.
We should all get together and give our stories a good few kicks in the behind. LOL! I think some of our MCs deserve it!

Yahoo, aromassa!! Has everyone seen her total for halfway through the month? Way to go!!!
You should see her progress bar on LJ - she's over 100% on some of those counters. laugh Way to go, girl!!

And Lara, how do I *know* you can do it? Three words. Reversal of Fortune.
Awwww!!! blush Thanks Woody!

As for the MC, pretend he's Clark in Contact, and have at him. Give him a good talking to.
I sometimes wish he were Clark. Clark is nice, he listens to me. LOL! My MC is Bruce Wayne and he hates people. I've had him beaten up a few times already. In fact, last I heard, he had a concussion. Serves him right! *lol* Oooh! I know, I'll send Clark over to talk to him. *giggles*

oooh! omg! I finally got my Kerth back. YAY!!!!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Somehow I doubt I'm going to make it either. DS has been in the hospital since last Friday.

I also feel like crap. Went to Urgent Care last night - sinus viral thing. Can't cure it but they did give me some stuff to feel better but not a decongestant b/c I'm nursing. Sort of. All I really want to do is sleep but I can't because...

I got a nasty gram from one of my bosses yesterday about being behind on my grading. So I'm working on that instead of sleeping like I need to or writing like I want to.

*sigh*
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awww! *hugs Carol* I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. Hope you and your son get well real soon. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And I'm way behind everyone!! But I'm not giving up! [Linked Image]

Just 3000 words a day! Let's go muses!!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

And Lara, your Reversal Of Fortune was great! If I can turn out something even half as good, I'll be really happy! [Linked Image]

Back to writing! [Linked Image]

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
10500 words!!

And writing!!

GAH! I think I'm having fun!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Just an off-topic suggestion, but since we're at the halfway point what if we all had a party where we backed our stories up. I e-mailed my story to myself this morning, just in case. I know I couldn't do it a second time.

I got stuck last night, so I made James read my story last night and tonight while I made suggestions in the margins of his story. Of course, he didn't ask me to betaread, but I'm a rather opinionated woman. (He knew that before he married me.)

Elisabeth
who wrote 700 or so words today, so I'm not totally at a standstill

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Would posting the story every day on lj count as backing up?

I am now at 27,093 words, but I have only managed to do that because:

1) I took the month off work

2) I still live with my parents and they let me stay in my room writing all day and night as long as I come out for meals and wash the dishes

3) I have no significant other and all my friends are online anyway

So I just have to applaud those of you who have managed to do so many words in a day while having to worry about real life at the same time.

Bravo! clap clap clap

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
As of today, I'm only 4 days behind on grading so I took a little break...

Today's count: 3060
Total: 18070

Just found out [literally, while typing this]: we're heading home for the weekend. Back Tuesday for surgery. Will be here for 48-72 hours after that most likely.

*sigh*

My head hurts...
C

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
My hat goes off to Aromassa and Brucie, who have both passed the halfway point. dance

There's at least ten of us who are contenders. (I'm putting on Woody's cheerleading uniform.) Let's go, team!

Elisabeth

Merriwether
Merriwether
Elizabeth, I don't know if it would fit you. I'm veerry tall. Maybe Martha should make you one of your own. (We hear Martha's sigh, "Sheesh, am I now the seamstress for the entire L&C fandom?).

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Hurray! LaraMoon is past the halfway point! party

Elisabeth
who is not giving back the cheerleader uniform. Nanowrimo has stretched me enough that it should fit

Merriwether
Merriwether
Haha, fooled you. You think you've got the real cheerleader outfit, but that's just a knockoff. I'm wearing the real thing under my clothes. *spinchanges* See! Wait, gotta go. *spinchanges back* See you later.

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard