OP Offline
Top Banana
Hope this chapter wasn't too shocking.

Look forward to your feedback!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I can't believe hypnotised or not that lois could forget Clark. It just doesn't fly for me. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I've been sort of skimming this story because I don't have time to get fully involved in any long stories right now, but one thing caught my eye. Clark calls Lois 'Sweets'? EEEEWWWWW!! That is what my dad sometimes calls my mom, and we usually make fun of him for it -- my mom doesn't even like it. Icky! Clark is not my dad wink .

- Laura (who will read this completely when she has more time)

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Kerth
Kerth
Uh, oh! Lois has a daughter?? eek

Wonder what is going to happen next!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
ACtually, it's Lois, Laura, that calls Clark "sweets", because she thought he was the sweetest man she'd ever met. Clark calls her "honey", just like he did on the show. Does that make it less icky?? <g>

Chris

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
No, actually, it makes it even worse wink . Sorry, every time I read it, I hear my dad's voice. I'm sorry -- to me it seems like something a 60 year old man would say. And to think about Lois saying it . . . ick! When it is said, it seems almost unnatural. I kind of expect the word to continue to sweetheart, yet it stops and adds an s. It hurts my brain!

I am just saying gthat it doesn't seem like an endearment either of them would use. But it's your story.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is the first of this story that I've read. It was pretty good, too. I hate Deter of course. I am expecting Clark to be able to see what is happening in Lois' head with this editor and somehow get through to her.

However, Lois has high standards, so even if she feels something for this editor, I don't think she'd want to do anything about it. But I haven't a clue.

It's nice to drop into the 18th part of a story and understand what's going on in minature!

I really like telepathy, that's why I read it all. Maybe I'll go back and read it later, or when it's on the archives. It's a nice story.

Nancy thumbsup

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Laura, I know I can't change your mind, but here are some quote from Jungle Love that explain the nickname of "sweets". Lois really believes Clark to be the sweetest, kindest man she has ever met:
"There is nothing *ordinary* about you, Clark. You are the
sweetest, kindest, most selfless, most wonderful man I could ever
dream of knowing. And the fact that you love me. is just
unbelievable. I'm the luckiest woman on earth. In the solar
system!
And

The thought of never seeing Clark again; that sweet, wonderful
man who had catered to her every whim since she had met him -
well, that was the tiebreaker.
Anyway, sorry the expression is a turn-off for you. And Nancy, welcome! I've enjoyed your stories as well!

Chris

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well there were a few nasty shocks in here.

I'd always figured that Lois was blocking some of what might have happened to her in Brazzaville, but I find it very disconcerting that she supposidly had a child. Whams are a good thing, and even killing a character occasionally is acceptable. But a child? That is the ultimate of evil.

Also, I will be interested in seeing how Lois reacts to the post-hypnotic suggestion. Even though Boyle looks kind of like Clark, I still find it hard to believe that Lois would find him at all attractive knowing what kind of person he was. Her knowledge of his personality would negate any physical attractiveness that he might possses.

Tank (who is curious as to how Lois' telephathic connection will function under the post hypnotic suggestion)

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
grumble Let's see if it worked!

~Julia wave

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm posting a day early for two reasons:

1) tomorrow is a busy Sunday and

2) I left you with a kind of a big cliffhanger.

Chapter 19 is up!

Thanks for the feedback, love it!

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. razz

"I'm going to tell the receptionist to keep Friday, 9:00 a.m. open for you," he was saying.

Lois nodded, an eerie dèja-vu feeling overcoming her as she walked out back out to the waiting area.
confused Do someone went back in time?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard