Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dr. Emil Hamilton felt a blunt object thrust into his back and dropped the flask he was holding. Gulping noisily, Jimmy commanded, wide-eyed and shaking in his shoes. “Hamilton, you’re going to listen to me and listen to me good!”
“What is it you want?” the doctor shrieked. “I’ll give you anything I have, if I have it!”
“Just one thing…” Jimmy voice broke as he thought of the next words before speaking them. “I want my friend back.”
Oh, that is a story that I want ot read. Can you imagine intentionally creating a dup of Superman? I had just one thought that is printable at reading that. "Go Jimmy!"

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Trust me, James - it's worth reading!!!!! Missy is doing a fabulous job!

Carol [who has seen lots of what is already written of it]

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Carol [who has seen lots of what is already written of it]
I'd say "Lucky dog!", but then again I remember all of the other stuff you've been going through IRL. You've been in our prayers.

I finally have transferred my stuff to a computer that can easily access the internet, so I had better post my first line while I still can:

His very first sensation was that of a frigid cold that enveloped his body.
BTW, I'm up to 13,500 words. Woo hoo! I'm so proud of myself. I wrote 8,000 words today. Of course, in order to do that I had to stay home from church today with my sick kids (strep throat).

Elisabeth

Features Writer
Features Writer
Word count at the beginning of the day (and for the past five days...): 12346

Word count just now: 17613 and still going

*plops onto the ground, panting like a fish out of water*

Dear god, when the bug bites, it bites you hard!

Go little muse, GO!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! You guys have been running up some impressive word totals for a single day. I probably wouldn't feel so stressed this week if I thought there was any chance that I could write like that during my Thanksgiving break. But I know myself pretty well. I've never in my life had bursts of creativity like that. In fact, I was really excited about turning out daily word counts in excess of 2000 words. But you guys ... wow.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Currently at 12000-some words. Considering I trashed my first version and started writing all over again on Friday night, I think I'm doing pretty damn good.

Yes, I did some cut/paste from the original I'd started on November 1st - probably about 4000 words in all - but I don't see how that counts as "recycled fic"!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Yes, I did some cut/paste from the original I'd started on November 1st - probably about 4000 words in all - but I don't see how that counts as "recycled fic"!
It's not. It's all been written in November. Is your excerpt from the new story, because I really like it.

Elisabeth
who wishes she could cut/paste from the original story started on November 1, but their set in two vastly different L&C elseworlds

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is your excerpt from the new story, because I really like it.
Yep, that's from the new story. And thanks, I'm glad you think it's interesting. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay guys, I put up a short excerpt on my author's page as well. I finally have one that I was happy enough with to post up. ^_^

I'm at 15,233. ^_^

I'm hoping to get more in tonight though. thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me cries frown

I did get some writing done this weekend but I'm still 5000 words behind some of you frown .

Hoping to get more done but we'll see...
C

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoo-hoo!!! hyper I finally hit and surpassed my daily word goal!!! (ok, so I am about 10,500 words behind for the month, but I gained ground today!!!))

I am posting excerpts, but Elisabeth liked this part.

Please note:cub and mother are a hybrid grizzly bear and procupine. Lon is psionically gifted.

Excerpt
Jon accidentally opened a can of food. The smell of Terran tuna permeated the cave.

“JON!”

“IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!”

“Jon, quick, give me that can! Lon, get up here.”

A strange dancing shuffle took place. Lon, who had been in the back of the cave, squeezed past Jon, his backpack and Lon’s partially packed backpack. He tripped as he had almost cleared the mess. The elder camper caught Lon who had started to catch himself using his left hand, but instead pushed mentally with the hand instead, allowing Mr. Martin to slow his decent.

Pulling Lon next to him, he asked him question, “Feeling up to seeing how far you can repel this can of food from us? We need to get it out of here and fast.”

Lon nodded and took the can in his hands. It weighed next to nothing so it didn’t cause him any discomfort. Placing his hands with the heels of the palms touching and resting the offending can between them, Lon focused on sending the can as far away as possible. In one mighty burst of mental energy, the can sailed through the opening of the cave and landed about half a jepirot away.

~*~

The cub stopped crying when he smelled something wonderful. Underwater prey! His favorite! He started to head toward the source when the smell came to him. He quickly ran to the prey smell.

It looked odd. It didn’t look like underwater prey, but it smelled like underwater prey. The thing that it was in had an odd hard dirt smell. Hard dirt usually hurt the teeth when you chewed it. But sometimes it was worth it to get what was inside.

The cub picked up the can in it mouth and started to chew it. Oh, it was good underwater prey!

The cub made happy sounds.

This seemed to confuse the mother, but she didn’t slow done her pace. Quills were flying off of her left and right, but she was going to get her cub!

Then she too noticed the underwater prey smell. And she was hungry. She bellowed that she wanted her share.

~*~

The animal cries outside the cave were getting closer.

“Quick, give me some of the dryer sticks and that dried out dung. I’m going to try and build a fire in the mouth of the cave.”

The boys scrambled to obey. Jon in his enthusiasm, accidentally wacked Lon’s left arm. “Ow!”

“Sorry, Lon.”

“Come on, boys! We may not have that much time!”

~*~

The cub bellowed back that it was all gone. It would try and get more.

~*~

Mr. Martin started building the fire. He hadn’t looked up in a long time. He was just getting ready to light it when Lon stammered, “M-mr. M-Martin?”

“Sort of busy here, Lon.”

“Dad? We have company.”

Mr. Martin looked up into the face of a Mertzel cub. It had grin. It was not a very happy grin.

~*~

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
YAY! I did get some done tonight!!

I'm up to 15009 which is slightly misleading as I used quite a bit of dialog straight from the show and copied the descriptions as well though I will rework those later. I already did some but I wanted to have them handy without having to go back to the script each time.

Still... I feel accomplished. That's almost 2000 words all together and I think about 8-900 were original.

Of course, I'm still over 3000 words behind some of you...

Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, I'm up to 4500 words and plan on catching up a lot tomorrow and Thursday. It's Friday for me so I'll have two whole days off to write.

Plot bunnies continue to multiply, I've updated my profile on the NaNo site, including an excerpt.

My Nano number is :256860.

See what you think!

Missy

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just a note guys, you can now search authors again by name.

Also, you can now have the sight do a word count for you by uploading the document though your profile. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm up to 16,500 (only about 7000 words behind my goal for the day). That's not bad considering how late in the game that I started over. The really good news is that I still like my story. (Although my 7-yr-old was grumbling yesterday that short stories are just fine and she doesn't know where to send her story anyway. Of course, after she killed some pirates today, she's feeling much better.)

Hang in there, Carol. You can do it!

BTW Missy, Nano won't let me add you as a buddy, although your excerpt scores pretty high in my book.

Elisabeth

Merriwether
Merriwether
A big round of cheers to all those still plugging away.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm still wondering why Woody isn't writing with us, although I think you make a great cheerleader.

Elisabeth
PS My 5-yr-old thought your avatar was your real picture. She wondered why you wore a mask. "Is he playing or did he hurt his face?"

Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww, how cute. I guess FinLi and I must be identical twins then.

As for why I'm not writing, I struggle to write 5000 words with any time limit, much less 50000 in a month.

My muse is a complete couch potato.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
NaNoing Day!!

Already this morning, I've written almost 1000 words to up my total to just over 5500 words and still going strong!

Goal for today - 10,000 words

It may be crapters, but Carol, my ever nagging cheerleader says edit later!

Onward and word count upward!!

ETA - new total and still counting 6700 - total so far today - 2200 words.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
8000 words!! I've practically doubled my total word count for the fic today!

YAY! I'm really pleased at the way this is going!

How's everyone else doing?

Roll call!!!!

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard