Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Jumping on the bandwagon late, but I'm going to give this a try! Wrote 400 words in a half an hour last night and the plot bunnies are hopping all over this one.

This story has been outlined in my head for years and I think the only way it was ever going to get written is to just do it this way.

I'm scared but I think it will be a lot of fun!

Merriwether
Merriwether
Let's go Missy Let's go clap clap clap
Let's go Missy Let's go clap clap clap

Give me an M - (crowd chants) M
Give me an I - (crowd chants) I
Give me an S - (crowd chants) S
Give me an S - (crowd chants) S
Give me an Y - (crowd chants) Y

What's that spell? MISSY.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay - don't nag her to outline it for next year. Nag her to WRITE LIKE THE WIND MISSY!

The plot is FABULOUS!

At least I think so smile .
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Erm... Mine is... um... ah.... erm... A rewrite of Batman Begins? Sorta.

/runs away from the thread before people start throwing things at her.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WHEEEEEE!!!!

1132 and counting fast!! I have a lot of catching up to do before work today!

Mine's another spin on TOGOM...

Favorite line/paragraph so far....

Dr. Emil Hamilton felt a blunt object thrust into his back and dropped the flask he was holding. Gulping noisily, Jimmy commanded, wide-eyed and shaking in his shoes. “Hamilton, you’re going to listen to me and listen to me good!”
“What is it you want?” the doctor shrieked. “I’ll give you anything I have, if I have it!”
“Just one thing…” Jimmy voice broke as he thought of the next words before speaking them. “I want my friend back.”
Off to writing again!! This is fun!!!

Edited to add:

I made it! Got my first 2000 words before I have to go to work!! 2000 in 12 hours!

I can't believe I'm doing this! I usually agonize and fret over everything, rewrite and procrastinate!

So... it's go to work, create more plot bunnies and come home and write some more!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
*cries*

I'm never going to catch Sheilah now frown .

Though I am stuck in the hospital until at least tues...

Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, Carol, don't cry. You'll have a chance to catch me next weekend. I won't be writing at all on the 17th, 18th, and maybe not the 19th, while I'm in NY visiting my best buddy. that's why I'm pushing so hard now.

I'm distressed to see that you're going to be in the hospital until Tues. Did one of the kids end up with pneumonia? frown

Missy, I'm glad to see you succumbed to the nano bug, which is what I did: just plunged in and started writing. Can you tell us what your nano number is? It should be a 6-digit number at the end of your web address when you click view profile on the NaNoWriMo website. That way, we can make you one of our writing buddies and you can do the same.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
No - no pneumonia. DS only gained 1.5oz this week. At 3.5 months he's back down to 7lb 12oz. Was at 8lb 2oz a couple weeks ago but is down since then. There's one test they can't start until Monday - after he's off the new antinausea med for 3 days. It's a 24 hour test. They've already done a CT scan, EKG, upper GI, and ultrasounds of his kidneys and bladder. So far the only result I've got is the upper GI and that was the doc who did it said he didn't notice anything.

I am going to write for a little bit until it's time to pump and feed the little guy again. I have about 20 minutes smile .

Thanks.
Carol

ETA: never mind am going to watch NCIS on the other laptop, head hurts too much, am ready for bed but need to feed DS in 30 minutes...

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have passed 15,000 words!!!

[Linked Image]

ETA: I just had to say that I am now up to 15803 words which beat sheilah, at least tonight, so I can now go to bed happy. (2am here.)

My story is a rewrite of the Pilot where Lois and Clark already know each other. And Lois knows. And I just had to say that writing in first person as Lois is so much fun! Her opinions flavour everything and since she babbles like no-one's business, the words are just spilling out.

I was seriously thinking about rewriting my other stories in the same way, but I'll be leaving Begin the Begin as it is because otherwise my readers would probably kill me. They've been waiting so long for the next part to come as it is.

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Darn it, aromassa, you scorched on past me again. I better get some writing done today.

wink Congrats on your word count. You're closing in on 16,000.

Sheila Harper

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me hasn't written anything in days

/me hopes to get some done as she's now 6000 words behind...
Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I'm trying to juggle grading, housecleaning, writing, exercise, and errands today, and I was feeling a little overwhelmed. So I took a page out of FlyLady's book (she helps people organize their housecleaning) and sat down with a timer.

For 15 minutes, I write. When the timer goes off, I post my word count and reset the timer for 15 more minutes, during which I clean house. When the timer goes off, I stop, reset the timer, and go back to my writing for another 15 minutes. When the timer goes off then, I post my word count, reset the timer, and start grading for another 15 minutes, during which time I also help my grand-daughter with her homework.

After completing that whole cycle, I take 15 minutes to rest, look at my email, read the boards, etc. Then I start all over again.

I'm in my second cycle today, and I feel really good about what's getting done. Of course, I don't have little kids around, which makes that kind of schedule hard to stick to, but it does help me organize a huge block of time like my day off. smile

Happy writing, Carol, and I hope things go well with your little guy. Don't feel like you have to make up the 6000 words all at once. Just adding another 333 words a day to your total will let you catch up easily before the end of the month.

Sheila Harper

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay!!

Made my goal for this morning! In this very noisy household, I've reached 3007 words in 36 hours.

I have to go to work soon, but hope to write later tonight. But so far I've been meeting my goals and the plot bunnies continue to mulitply!

If only I'd started a week ago!!

SIGH!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
erm... I was too unhappy with the beginning of the story, so I've just started writing it again. I put 3000 words into a brand new file and should be able to start doing lots cut and paste very soon. I hope to have at least the 8000 back by the time I got to bed. And tomorrow is another day.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
YAY! Got some writing done! Up to 12034! May get some more done tonight and over the next couple days...
Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
erm... I was too unhappy with the beginning of the story, so I've just started writing it again. I put 3000 words into a brand new file and should be able to start doing lots cut and paste very soon. I hope to have at least the 8000 back by the time I got to bed. And tomorrow is another day.
Aw, darn!! I thought I had someone race with, but you're recycling fic!!

Missy (who pets her muse and promises her a week long vacation in the Bahamas if she cooperates for the whole three weeks)

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Okay, I'm a late start.
blush
But it was my sister's idea! Not mine! :p

She thinks I'll get my story going if I have the right kind of motivation...last minute panic!!!
grumble

But this is good! Challenges are good for you thumbsup
My no. is: 257592
Lexy [Linked Image]

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Current word count: 14,459

I'm dead in the water today so far. I wrote a little bit and then have been staring at it the rest of the day. thumbsup

In the meantime, I'm going to read a book and relax and not worry so much about it.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I got a late start. It wasn't that I didn't start on November 1; I did, but without the clear-cut outline that I planned to have. (I got back from the second funeral on Oct. 31 and didn't have the time.) Unfortunately, that meant that I didn't notice until about four days ago (give or take a little bit since time is kind of woozy these days) that I didn't have a good enough overarching conflict to make the story interesting. I'm still going to write that story someday, but not until I've given it a whole more thought.

Anywho, back to my point--and I did have a point, in case you were wondering. I wrote 6000 words on my story and then gave up and started over on a different story. My 5-yr-old came up with a great idea, so I'm writing that story instead.

I've got just over 9,000 words written, with many hours left of my day-of-rest. But the good news is that this story is actually getting written instead of having me try to pull each word out of thin air. The other good news is that instead of writing bad fanfic very slowly, I'm writing good fanfic at a moderately fast pace.

I'm just hoping to get up to 12,500 words by the end of the day.

Elisabeth
who has been writing like the wind, but is now too tired and is simply breaking wind

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I didn't read the first three pages of this topic (I've been avoiding the boards so that I can actually get my writing done), so I didn't realize I was supposed to fill out details.

NaNo Name: Elisabeth_queen_of_d8aland
Years Doing NaNo: newbie
This Year's Genre: L&C fanfic
This Year's Idea: Thank you to my lovely second child for the idea. It's a cross between Vatman and Madame Ex, kind of an angsty little bugger
Novel Title: no idea, but I picked a wordy one for a working title to get my wordcount up laugh
Word Count Goal: 50,000 (Plus I'm typing up a novel with each of my homeschooling kids)

Also, many thanks for explaining DD and DS. I'd always thought it was initials and wondered why everyone on the homeschooling board was married to someone with the initials DH.

Elisabeth
who will type in a first line at some other time, but who must relinquish hubby's laptop to him at some point before he changes colors (he looks good in blue, but when his face is purple it doesn't bode well for my future)

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard