Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
On the advice of Sheila I have started up this thread so that we can officially start discussing our novels with each other.

This thread will be used for:

*Introductions to our stories
*Word Count progress
*Desperate pleas for help and encouragement
*Fun

So lets get the ball rolling. Let's hear a little about those stories!

NaNo Name:
Years Doing NaNo:
This Year's Genre:
This Year's Idea:
Novel Title:
Word Count Goal:

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Since I posed the question I'll answer the questions:

NaNo Name: jojo_da_crow

Years Doing NaNo: This is my second year.

This Year's Genre: Romance/suspense/fanfiction =P

This Year's Idea: My fanfiction will be based around Alt-Clark. As Clark finally gives up hope and ends the search for his Lois, he has to begin the process of letting go of a destiny that was never his to hold... but will one last journey to let go of that dream open up a brand new destiny for him? Or will it be the end of Superman?

Novel Title: Jojo's Diabolical NaNo Novel (No really I don't have one yet)

Word Count Goal: 50k. I'm not brave enough to shoot for more.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
NaNo Name: aromassa

Years Doing NaNo: this is my first year

This Year's Genre: fanfiction (although I chose fantasy as the genre on nano's website)

This Year's Idea: Lois' family moves to Smallville when she's still high school aged. She joins the ranks of the Smallville High Newspaper where she meets Clark. They spend the story trying to outdo each other with their articles. Lois takes the competition deadly seriously while Clark is in it for the fun.

Novel Title: Whose By-Line Is It, Anyway? (Thanks to Woody for the title from which sprouted this little plot bunny)

Word Count Goal: 50k would be good

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
NaNo Name: CarolM
Years Doing NaNo: 1st
This Year's Genre: Er... Elseworlds? You know, not our Alt Clark, but a deviation of an Alt Clark universe...
This Year's Idea: See above...
Novel Title: Do I have to have one?
Word Count Goal: 50K - and I hope to reach half of that - I want to finish, but I have a lot going on this year...

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
NaNo Name: sheilah
Years Doing NaNo: my first year
This Year's Genre: fantasy
This Year's Idea: Aided by Lindsey Walker, a female private investigator, Caleb Pries goes on a quest to find his father, presumably the source of his strange abilities, while trying to elude the government agents who seem to think he is a threat to national security.
Novel Title: The Foundling
Word Count Goal: 50,000. The book will take more than that, but I should be able to get the basic story down in 50,000 words.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
NaNo Name: LaraMoon
Years Doing NaNo: 2nd
This Year's Genre: L&C Fanfic
This Year's Idea: it's an elseworld thing, I guess? Last year, I did the switcharoo between Lex and Clark - this year I'm doing a bit of a switch between Lois and Clark. *giggles*
Novel Title: ..... (nooooo idea, yet!)
Word Count Goal: 50k at least, but there's a chance I may go for 100k (if you see what I mean?)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
NaNo Name: Catherine Bruce
Years Doing NaNo: First Year
This Year's Genre: Science Fiction. Fan Fiction
This Year's Idea: Crossover between Farscape and Stargate SG-1 where Vala is actually indeed Aeryn, though she has no memories of this, and John comes looking for her. And then stuff happens. And there's chaos.
Novel Title: Hypomnesia
Word Count Goal: 50,000

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I did it last year and it was lots of fun. Not sure if I'm doing it this year because I'm supposed to be going for surgery near the beginning of the month, but... what the heck. I can start and then if I have to drop out... oh, well. So...

NaNo Name: MLT
Years Doing NaNo: 2nd year
This Year's Genre: Mystery
This Year's Idea: There has been a shooting at the court house. The reader isn't told who the shooter is. Then, we flash back to the beginning of the day and follow a number of people's days from that morning until the moment of the shooting. Can you figure out who the shooter is?
Novel Title: But For The Grace Of God
Word Count Goal: 50,000+

By the way, I should mention that last year, if you succeeded, you could get a free bound copy of your book sent to you. Let me tell you, it's a real thrill having a bound book in your library with your name on it laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
OOooooo ML! That would be so cool!

May have to make extra sure to finish now...
Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That's so cool, ML. Do they just bind the stuff you turn in? I'm wondering because I'm expecting to write a pretty sloppy freewriting/outline rough draft.

Sheila Harper

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
The free book isn't offered directly by NaNoWriMo. Last year it was offered by an online publishing company called LuLu Publishing. Here is link to the site from last year. LuLu Promotion

Again, I don't know if it's being offered this year. But keep your eyes open for it.

But they give you directions on how to space your margins, etc. You submit your manuscript online and then they send you a copy of your book. I got a novel size paperback of my book, but there were other options.

I was worried at first that it was a scam to steal my book, but I didn't have any problems with it. Of course, I can't guarantee that they are on the level, but it appears to me that they are - given that I can understand their motivations of trying to promote online self-publishing.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, and one more thing. Although you had to finish 50,000 words in the month of November for the NaNo contest, you didn't have to submit the manuscript to Lulu until January - to give you a couple of months for editing. And they didn't hold me to the 50,000 words. I think my manuscript turned out to be about 70,000 words.

ML wave

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I decided to change the plot again. (What? I'm allowed.)

This Year's Idea: Lois' family moves to Smallville when she's still high school aged. She joins the ranks of the Smallville High Newspaper where she meets Clark. They spend the story trying to outdo each other with their articles. Lois takes the competition deadly seriously while Clark is in it for the fun.
New Idea: A rewrite from the start of the Pilot, with my original idea as backstory. So when Lois busts in on Clark's interview, they greet each other like old friends (because they are). And Lois would have learnt about Clark's powers at some point. I'm thinking something along the lines of Second Choice by Nan Smith without the whole pregnancy issue. And I'll be writing first person from Lois' point of view.

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Still, ML - that's awesome! Here's hoping they do it again this year and that I can A: finish NaNo and B: get it into a semifinished form smile .

Thanks for letting us know about it.
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm going to ask a stupid question, probably - but I can't figure this one out and I looked all over the site. How do you add other writing buddies? I mean, how do I find people at all...?? Like if I wanted to add Brucie, here - I've no way of finding her through the site, like there was before. Or have I suddenly gone blind/brain dead?

Thanks!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Lara - I think they took the search function down. However, you can still go to someone else's site: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/202869 is KSaraSara's site - replace her number with the number of the author you want. Then you can click add as buddy or whatever on the left side.

The trick is to know everyone's numbers smile .

Mine is 200582. So that might be another thing to post here until they get that back up and running.

Clear as mud?? smile
Carol
Edit - I unhyperlinked the website so it's easier to see.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Mine is 228856.

Sheila Harper

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You can also go to "My Nanowrimo" and see other people who have added you as a buddy and go to their profile there and add them.

Or see other people's friends and get to them that way. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, that's what I've been doing so far. smile Thanks girls!

Sheilah, I just added you. Brucie, if you see this, can 'ya give us your ID so we can add you? smile

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I think I added all the friends of friends that I knew I knew - you know...

Can't wait until 11pm tonight because I think I'm going to start at ET *g*.
Carol

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard