Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#157070 10/23/07 04:44 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
If a man passes on a characteristic to his unborn child, is it possible that the mother will exhibit that characteristic during the pregnancy?

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#157071 10/23/07 05:00 PM
Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
In science Fiction/fantasy, anything is possible. But in reality - no. Any appearance of such will be related to the mother's body reacting to something about the unborn child. [Linked Image]

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#157072 10/23/07 05:17 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
The only possibility I can think of, sort of, would be if mom is Rh- and dad is Rh+ and baby is Rh+, then there can be problems, but I don't think that's what you're looking for...

Will Lois float in her sleep because superbaby does? *shrug*
Carol

#157073 10/23/07 05:45 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Example, in the TV series Charmed (if you are familiar with it), Piper's baby inherited his father's healing powers and during the pregnancy Piper could heal or the baby was using his powers from the womb... wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#157074 10/23/07 06:10 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by AnKS:
Example, in the TV series Charmed (if you are familiar with it), Piper's baby inherited his father's healing powers and during the pregnancy Piper could heal or the baby was using his powers from the womb... wave
That was actually the reason that I asked the question. I know that in fantasy land all is possible, but I was curious as to whether the same laws would apply to the real world. You know, assuming that the real world could have a superhero or a whitelighter in its midst. smile

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#157075 10/23/07 06:25 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I know your question is fantasy related and all,
but if you did want to have the pregnant woman taking on superpowers, it would be very possible to explain it by some Kryptonian hormones or other biological phenomenon (but I think the hormones would be best, as these easily cross between mother and child.... in fact that is the basis of pregnancy tests, as they measure hormones specific to the human embryo)

This takes away the magical aspect (that you got from charmed, or whatever)

but is stilll an a fantasy world, so would work without magic...

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard