Print Thread
J
Julia Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
J
Mere,

me being speechless is definitley a good sign wink .
Though, I admit, I'm not quite sure what to think of this. wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, remember when I said I couldn't wait to see what happens next? Turns out I was right. The rest of my catch-up reading will just take a little bit longer. It's waited this long...

So... that certainly wasn't what I was expecting. I wasn't sure what to expect, but that wasn't it.

Then again, that seems to be the general idea for this part, doesn't it? The phrase "well, that didn't exactly go according to plan..." seems to pretty much fit everything here.

And, oh my. Lois's thoughts about sex and relationships are cynical, aren't they? Makes sense, of course. This is first season Lois. Still, that really hit. A very compelling (is that the word? Not quite, but best I can come up with at the moment) look into exactly what kind of experiences she's had and what she made of them.

Things are a little frustrating in that we have one of those situations where one good chat could fix quite a bit (each misunderstanding the other, etc), but it's done well enough that I'm ready to overlook that.

Still, it wasn't easy to see them rip into each other like that (which is a sign of the skill that went into writing that scene), and I do kind of wish that Clark had asked why she wanted a child. Actually, I'm kind of surprised by his reaction. I'm not sure what reaction I would have expected of him. The contract was a good ploy, but I thought that once it failed, he'd back off. I guess he was too angry for that.

Now, I'm not sure what I'm expecting/hoping for from part 3. There are two options, and I'm kind of torn between them. Option one is that, when faced with actually following through (more than signing a paper and checking in), he'll back off, after all. Lois won't, I don't think. She's not one to backpedal even when dangling over the jaws of death.

Option two is that they do go through with it, but he goes against her expectations by being caring and attentive. That seems to be more the direction you're headed, and I'm not sure what I think of it. It would be an eye-opener for her, but Clark... It would ruin Clark, I think.

I don't want to think about option three. It doesn't exist, okay? If it does, and if you can pull it off, I will be shocked. I'm not saying it's not possible. You're one of the few who could pull it off. I'm hoping you won't have to.

So, basically, I don't know what'll happen next, and I'm curious but also scared to find out. I guess I'll see how I react to whatever it is when the time comes. Hope it's not too long.

Wow. Angry Clark, fearful, almost victimized Lois, we're only at Part 2, and you actually made it work. Wow.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A powerful instalment.

A first glance Clark appeared to be acting out of character, but then as it 'sunk in' I was able to go with this 'angry' Clark. The series did show us that Clark could occasionally be pushed past his 'nice guy' limits by something Lois has said or done. And this would really push his buttons.

I see this working so far because it hits home with Clark on two very important things with him. It demeans his 'love' for Lois, and it touches upon his desire for a family and a normal life.

How he continues with this will be an interesting read. I can see him going through with his initial plan for the first evening, but then feeling guilty and backing off. Of course, by then Lois may not want him to back off wink

Tank (who just hopes that the story doesn't degenerate into a soft-core nfic)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sorry I'm a bit late getting back to this... converting part three was a little tougher than I expected. :p

Paul, I loved the ramble! And you'll be relieved to find that I couldn't think of an option 3, either. wink

I'm glad you don't feel it's OOC, Tank (or at least, not yet...)
Tank (who just hopes that the story doesn't degenerate into a soft-core nfic)
Well, I'm not sure how (or even whether) to answer that, but I've never been good at dignified silence. :rolleyes:

The story did begin life as an nfic, and I don't feel that their character interaction stops when the clothes come off. smile So some of the love scenes have been converted rather than snipped. Sorry if that makes anyone uncomfortable... huh

Thanks for the feedback, Julia, Maria, Paul (both parts) and Tank!

Part 3 up in a minute.

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard