Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#155605 06/21/07 07:15 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So as I was hunting for some fics for people today I stumbled across the themes page:

http://www.lcfanfic.com/themes.html

I had been on here before but hadn't really paid attention to it. Are we still using this page or was it given up because of how huge the archive is?

Just curious... cause i really think it is a neat idea.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#155606 06/21/07 09:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was around in the early days of the archive, but it hasn't been updated in years. I don't think there were more than 500 stories on the archive when it was last updated, and we're approaching the 3000 mark now!

Or... looking at the page again, the Fairy Tales challenge category was added more recently (only a few years ago), and I believe the Stories in Other Languages section is updated as new ones come in. But I don't think the other ones have been updated any time this millennium. In fact, glancing through a couple of categories, I see that most of the stories there predate the archive header system and don't even have dates on them.

But... The idea is still there. One of the things the archive keyword project is designed to do is replace the themes page. If you check the fic database , you'll see that each story gets up to four theme keywords which cover most of the theme categories on the page you saw as well as a bunch of new ones.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#155607 06/21/07 10:56 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
oh!! clap Looks nice. I'll have to check that out! ^_^

*jojo who was contemplating helping out on the themes thing if people were interested but the keyword thing seems much better*

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard