Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Patti Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
P
I'm working my way, somewhat haphazardly through the archives. I would like to ask for recs for
Alternate Clark fics. (I mean the Clark from the alternate universe Lois and Wells visited, not fics in which Lois
and Clark are living other lives back in history.) I'm especially interested in any that have not ended up in either the general or nfic
archive,being either on someones site or somewhere on the message boards. For that matter,
how about recs for any good fic that never made it to archive? Either pg or nfic fine. (and where to find it) Thanks so much.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
One great alt Clark story is Away from the Sun, but it is on the archive.

Two good stories here on the boards that haven't yet made it to the archives are Stardust (gfic) and The Pen is Mightier than the Heart (nfic). They aren't about AltClark, though.

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Blogger
Blogger
I'm currently rereading Yvonne Connell's "Fear of Discovery Series" which features quite a bit of alt-Clark, particularly later on. This series is on the archive, though, so I don't know if that really helps if you are looking for harder to find fics.

Edit: One way you could search for alt-Clark stories is to open up Google and enter site:lcfanfic.com alt-Clark in the search bar. You could also do a similar search on lcficmbs.com to search the message boards.

P
Patti Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
P
Thanks for the recs so far. I appreciate them.
I am looking for alt Clark fics both in the archives and elsewhere. I have found some in
the archives, like Nan Smiths' wonderful series,
but i don't want to miss any . Thanks again.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Here are some must read alt-universe fics:

Addicted
Damaged

Wherever you will Go <-- this involves our Lois and Clark but you need to read it so you can understand this one:

Away From the Sun

Wendy has several of them... one of which also combine my other favorite thing in the world...

In the Bleack Mid-Winter

also...
Strange Visitor from the Congo

There is a short list for you... all on the archive. As for stories not on the archive... well I would be interested in those as well. laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Merriwether
Merriwether
As far as alt-Clark, just take a look at the writings of Yvonne Connell. A large percentage of her stories are about alt-Clark.

Also, it's The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Don't forget Nan Smith - she has a great series of stories on alt-Clark. It starts with "How I Spent My Christmas Vacation." From there, branch out (if you haven't already) to her other stuff. It's all fantastic. There's a great series guide for her stuff on the Archive, if you haven't already seen it - Series Guide for Nan Smith

Also - classified as an elseworld story but very alt-Clark-ish is Pam Jernigan's Tryst (and its sequel, "Merry Trystmas").

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Top Banana
Top Banana
There really are a ton on the archive. clap

~Jojo, who is always up for more alt-clark

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I found some stories that aren't on Annesplace yet:

Family Man, by StopQuitDont (nfic)
Lost in Time by ML (nfic)
Supermen United by MetroRhodes (nfic) - there's a gfic version on the Archive and the sequel Supermen Divided .

All of them are great stories. thumbsup

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I would also be interested in any stories that are not on the archive or on the board, not necessarily Alt-Clark any kind nfic or gfic. Any reccomendations?

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard