Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay... Two things I just wanted to check on.

Firstly, is New Troy the state that Metropolis is in? If not, what is it, please? smile

Secondly, do governors have inaugural events? I'm not overly familiar with the workings of American politics...

Thanks! laugh

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
In the show it was in New Troy.

A gubernatorial inauguration will almost certainly include at least a speech at the capitol building and a ball at the Governor's mansion. How much else would depend on the personality of the candidate. Someplace with a city like Metropolis in it I'd expect a lot.

Do they ever mention where the state capitol is? In New York state Albany is a long way from New York City.

Here is NY for this election http://www.inaugurationny.org/main....ews&htmlId=7727&s=inaugurationNY

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you! I was planning on including a ball, so your answer is very helpful. laugh

And I thought it was New Troy...I just wanted to make sure I was 100% correct. So thank you again!

Yay, now I can continue Part 5 of my story! dance

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
They never mentioned the state capitol. In fact, it's interesting that the state that Metropolis is in is New Troy. Traditionally, in the comics, New Troy is a borough of Metropolis, comparable to New York's Manhattan.

I always found it funny that the center of activity during the presidential elections in S4 seemed to be Metropolis. Unrealistic, much? :rolleyes: laugh I won't even go into all the other nonsense in regard to the political processes in those episodes. dizzy

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard