Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#155371 05/20/07 04:51 PM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Don't know if this is "fanfic related", but how many of you have been reading a fic and realized when it mentioned a real non-famous place, that you had been there?

That happened today as I was reading Lifeflight III, and it mentioned Rock Creek, a place I went to when I visited the DC area a year and a half ago.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#155372 05/21/07 02:34 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
fraid not, woody

As I've never been overseas, my experience is limited to Aussie locations, which aren't mentioned much in fan-fic...

occasionally I recognise something from either it being a famous location that I have seen via more mainstream media (not fanfic) or learnt about through history etc.

but as to recognising say 14 Evergreen Terrace (One home adress of the Simpson's, another being 72; just like Lois is either 105 or 501), because I've been there... not me my friend

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#155373 05/21/07 03:02 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I can't say it's not a famous place, but I was delighted when I read FlakeyDom's Whiskey Galore because it put Lois and Clark in one of my favourite towns - St. Andrews, Fife, here in Scotland. A place where I spent many a childhood vacation. That childhood place which exists in memory with perfect, neverending sunny days and ice cream and which has left me with a treasure trove of fond memories.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard