Next Thread
Print Thread
#15456 09/08/04 11:54 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool That's so sweet.

“They’re still readable, which is the most important thing.“ She studied him across the table. “Are you sure you’re okay? You seem a little less...bouncy than usual.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Bouncy?”

“Okay, so maybe you’re not exactly Tigger personified,” she defended, “but you’re usually a bit livelier than you are this morning. Care to explain that?” She forked up her last piece of pancake and popped it into her mouth.

“I’m just a little tired, that’s all.” He shrugged. “It takes a while for the effects of the green kryptonite to work its way out of my system. Give me a few more hours and I’ll be just as bouncy as you like.”
grumble You seems to switch emotions like that, one moment you love one Lois then you love the other.

Get back here! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#15457 09/08/04 06:43 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I am reading this story with great interest! Love that Lois is slowly starting to come into her own -- you're doing it very realistically. And also, I really like how you're gradually introducing her to the fact that she's really in love with Clark. I just hope that she goes, "Duuuuh," and figures it out for sure already :p

Can't wait to see where this goes next!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#15458 09/09/04 05:03 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ahh, Yvonne, another beautiful part. smile I loved how Lois first forced Clark to take the bed (well, very right of her, as he was worse off), but then joined him after the nightmare. The description of her getting into the bed with him, so warm, and them holding hands... *happy sigh* That was really sweet--and a reward that we definitely reserved (and so did they) after the last stressful part! smile Then Clark cooking breakfast... not unusual in fanfic, but sweet nonetheless, and then when we got into the talk about whether or not he'd eaten (and not wanting to eat being a sign of internal injuries--ouch!), that really made excellent use of the scene. But, of course, the story must go on, so now they need to head back and get Pirelli.

I must say that I was proud of Clark for sticking up for Lana. If he'd been perfectly willing to say everything bad about her right after they'd ended things, I think he wouldn't have been Clark. It's true that she was cruel to him... but he did date her for quite a while, and he's known her forever. Of course he would know, or feel that he knows, her character. It's quite right for him to stick up for her, too. And the line he said to Lois about not being able to switch off his feelings is perfect, too. Altogether, a great exchange.

Can't wait to see the next part!

#15459 09/09/04 10:00 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yvonne, as usual, this is a good story. I love your stories. Are you writing again...I thought at one time you were almost out of parts to post on this story. I like the way they're becoming closer, especially as noted above.

I did get a bit confused about the files and them being put back or whatever.

Great story. I'm waiting breathlessly!
Nancy

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
#15460 09/09/04 10:23 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Excellent part, Yvonne! (As usual.)

I love the way you reveal Lois's feelings:

Stage 1:

It wasn’t until she heard his little gasp of surprise that she realised just what she’d said. Darn. She didn’t mean it, of course. Just one of those automatic responses people gave, but she was too tired to correct herself or to enter into a long discussion with him about her feelings. She’d sort it out later.
razz

Stage 2:

His soft murmur made her pause, but she didn’t turn back immediately. Somewhere deep within her, she recognised the emotions behind that single, softly spoken word, but she wasn’t ready to acknowledge those feelings yet.
Much better. laugh

Stage 3:

“You’re so intent on this macho, there’s-nothing-wrong-with-me routine, you forget what effect it has on me,” she told him. “I don’t just care, Clark, I hurt. When you’re in pain, so am I.”
Aww! A lot better smile

And the ending... eek Wonder how Lois is going to react.

MORE SOON!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#15461 09/09/04 11:41 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
AWWW, they're sharing the bed. wave

#15462 09/09/04 02:00 PM
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
Yvonne, this is soooo good! I can't believe you're going to leave us hanging here. Post more soon, please!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard