Print Thread
#153617 01/06/07 10:04 PM
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Yes, it’s that exciting time of the year once more ... the Annual Kerth Quizzes! smile1 We will cover every Kerth category, with the exception of Best Overall. Each quiz will carry quotes and/or extracts from a selection of stories fitting that quiz's Kerth category. And it's up to you to guess the story and author. Points are awarded and scores are kept. Half-points, and even quarter-points, are common, and last place is even more hotly competed for than first. wink

Wondering how to take part in the quizzes? Well, one way is to join the fic list, of course. If you don't want to join another list - though you don't have to have emails coming into your inbox; it's possible just to read the messages via the website, and post from there too - you can always just read the posts without being a member, and then email your answers to the person who set the quiz. (Don't email them to the Kerth quiz team email address, because the rest of us may be entering the quiz ourselves and not want to see answers. wink ) Any time a new quiz is posted to the list, we'll post the link here so that non-members can find it.

This year we have a new Quiz team. Thank you to Rachel, Chris and Sara for all your hard work last year. And a very special thank you to Wendy, who has been on the quiz team from the very beginning. Wendy has put in many hours of dedicated hard work. Thank you also, for being willing to share your expertise with us. We'll miss you! sloppy

The new team for 2007 is:

Anna Botsakou
Dave
Julie Stars
Tricia

So, the countdown starts here... get reading, and get ready! Kerth Quiz No. 1 will be posted on Tuesday 9 January.

Tricia cool

(On behalf of the whole Kerth Quiz Team.)

#153618 01/07/07 11:13 AM
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Just letting everyone know that the Quiz Team has their own email address. Thanks, Annette! smile1

You can contact us at kerthquizteam@lcficmbs.com

Tricia cool

#153619 01/07/07 11:23 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I don't mean to be dumb here, but where are the quizzes? All I can find is the instructions and that's all I got via email. Am I missing something?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#153620 01/07/07 11:41 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Where will these be found? The quizzes take place over on the Lois and Clark Fanfic Email List. You'll find the list here . Not a member and want to join? Just click on the 'join list' button!
The quizzes are on the LNC mailing list, Nancy. Just click on the link in Tricia's post, then join the list as you would any Yahoo mailing list group - just click on the blue 'join this group' button at the top-right of your screen.

Once you've been accepted as a member of the group and received your welcome email, you'll be able to either view the emails sent to the group from the website or have them delivered to your inbox.

If you've already done all of the above and are a member:

I've just checked the mailing list website and it doesn't look as though anything's been posted yet other than the initial instructions. Once the actual quizzes and members' replies are posted, then you'll find them dropping into your inbox, too.

So, assuming you have joined the mailing list, you don't have to do anything more but wait for the emails to arrive. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#153621 01/07/07 11:54 AM
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thanks, LabRat! smile1

So, the countdown starts here... get reading, and get ready! Kerth Quiz No. 1 will be posted on Tuesday 9 January.
The instructions etc. are posted to the list. The first quiz will be posted on Tuesday 9 January. A new quiz will be posted every four days or so.

Tricia cool

#153622 01/07/07 07:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm already on the list. I'll wait for them to show up. (Of course, that's assuming that Yahoo will be cooperative.)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#153623 01/11/07 12:53 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tricia, I checked out that first quiz - daunting smile But thanks for doing it, and to the rest of your group for what is to come - I may not do a lot of them (woefully behind in my reading), but I enjoy reading the quizzes, as well as the responses. And I know how much time it takes.

So thanks. clap

c.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard