Over in the Classics thread, Mrs. Mosley wrote:

LabRat, I know I am really new and therefore could be, so far as you know, a crazy loon, but if you need admin help, you've got a willing volunteer here. I can help with TOCs or whatever else, just let me know.
Once again, thank you for the kind offer - and to those who've emailed/PM me offering help, too.

I don't really see any reason why non-authors can't just jump in and set up TOCs for new stories posted, just in the same way that authors do. So, I think doing it on that kind of informal basis is probably the easiest way to work it.

I've just finished doing my regular Thursday update of the TOCs. So we should now be up to date. If anyone out there wants to set up TOCs for new fic posted from this point on, please feel free! Anything you set up will simply be deducted from the data I'm sent by the Index Crew the following Thursday, which should mean I have less TOCs to work on. So the period between Thursdays is pretty much an open field for you to play in. wink

Just a couple of minor groundrules:

1. TOCs don't have to be set up precisely the way I do them, but I would like a little bit of standardisation in them. I'd like hyperlinks to be used and comments linked to as well as story parts. Other than that, you have a free hand. If you don't know how to do hyperlinks, there's a handy guide here.
Or just email me and I'll walk you through the process.

2. For ongoing stories in parts, once a TOC has been set up, it should subsequently only be updated by the person who set it up. If we start to wander into the territory of FoLC A updating FoLC B's TOCs, it all begins to get somewhat messy and complicated. So if everyone sticks to their own TOCs, it makes things much simpler.

I think that's it. I have to admit though, what with my sleep patterns being disrupted as they are right now, I'm not at my thinking best. laugh So, if I've missed something obvious, or if you have any suggestions for working this, just say so.

Otherwise, we can try it like this and see how it goes and do any tweaking if it becomes necessary.

Thanks again for the help. Appreciated. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers