#153275 12/04/06 05:49 PM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Hi everyone,

I found this site courtesy of LabRat from the L&C fan fic site. I look forward to talking with some fellow Superman fans. smile

I have been checking out the archive since the days of L&C on ABC and am in general a fan of Superman but truly of Clark-after all it is his qualities that make S possible. Yes, of course Dean is gorgeous. wink

Anyway, I do have a couple fan fiction related questions concerning stories posted on http://www.lcfanfic.com/

I was wondering/hoping that some die hard fan might remember the names of these 2 tales from long ago. The memory of the first story was that C and L were trapped in a department store after it closed and (They might have been investigating something) and there situation leads to C revealing himself to L.

Second is more obscure! I THINK it was a what if story in which Dean was REALLY S and we (the reader) got a backstage view of him doing a scene. OR lol, it could have been a simple look behind the scenes of the filming of L & C.

Thanks and have a good night. smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm afraid I don't happen to recognize either (I'm very bad at "Name that Fic"), but I did want to welcome you to the board! wave

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Features Writer
Features Writer
grumble I just hit the ADD REPLY button with all my guesses as to the unidentified fics, and I got an error because someone moved the thread! And of course it didn't get saved... grumble grumble

So let me try again. First off, welcome to the boards!

Second, the only story that I can think of fitting your first description is Revelations in Captivity . But that was only posted last year, so it isn't exactly from "long ago".

Re the behind-the-scenes type stories, there are several possibilities there. There were two mirror stories to each other: Swapmeet: Burbank and Swapmeet: Metropolis , and also the stand-alone The Chicken or the Egg? . There's also Wendy's "Big Boys" series, which isn't what you're looking for, I don't think, but has some similarities. You can find the links here .

I hope someone else has some guesses in case these aren't the right ones, because I'll want to read them too!

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi, Zoar3 - welcome!

Revelations in Captivity is probably the story you want. It's by tvnerdgirl and was posted at a different fanfic website for quite some time before it was submitted to the archive.

smile

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome. I remember the story about Dean being Superman, but darn if I can remember what it is.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Thank you everyone for the welcome and suggestions! I will go check all those tales out a little later tonight and post back either then or tomorrow. smile

Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
I absolutely loved "Revelations" in captivity. (For the second time around). Yes we had a winner with that one. smile The others I briefly skimmed but they don't seem to be "the one." Maybe the idea is one that lol some of us could simply "write." Though I truly believe the story is already put there.

I have enjoyed getting reacqainted with archived stories as it has been a while. Besides after a long day of teaching, reading some fic is a great way to unwind. smile

'Night all

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm probably way off on my guess about that second story you're asking about, but could it be this one?

It\'s a Thing He Does At Parties by Jude Williams

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think the second one might be this story I remember . . . I don't remember the title or author though, but I do know that it's Lois & Clark--sort of. The people in the LnC universe are shooting a movie about Superman, and Clark (actually, he's cast with Superman as the actor name) plays a minor part in the movie, instead of playing himself. Is that the one you were talking about, Zoar?

Oh, wait! I just remembered . . . I think the title is "Superman is Hot."

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by KathyM:
grumble I just hit the ADD REPLY button with all my guesses as to the unidentified fics, and I got an error because someone moved the thread! And of course it didn't get saved... grumble grumble
Switch to Firefox. It has saved my aborted posts more than once!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Here's the one I was thinking of, with a link this time:

Superman Is Hot! (or A Movie Entitled: Superman)

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, hey, thanks for rec, Darcy. I'm not sure that was the one Zoar was looking for, but I'm pleased that you thought of it. laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nancy! I didn't even realize that it was your story! When I read fic, I tend to just skim past the header information and the author's notes to the story itself. I didn't even look at the byline when I was searching for the link. And you're totally welcome. smile

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Darcy! I have a little sequel in the works.

Kerth
Kerth
Good! I love sequels...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Darcy! I have a little sequel in the works.
*ork* :p evil

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard