Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Zoar3 Hi there and a question :) - 12/04/06 09:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I found this site courtesy of LabRat from the L&C fan fic site. I look forward to talking with some fellow Superman fans. smile

I have been checking out the archive since the days of L&C on ABC and am in general a fan of Superman but truly of Clark-after all it is his qualities that make S possible. Yes, of course Dean is gorgeous. wink

Anyway, I do have a couple fan fiction related questions concerning stories posted on http://www.lcfanfic.com/

I was wondering/hoping that some die hard fan might remember the names of these 2 tales from long ago. The memory of the first story was that C and L were trapped in a department store after it closed and (They might have been investigating something) and there situation leads to C revealing himself to L.

Second is more obscure! I THINK it was a what if story in which Dean was REALLY S and we (the reader) got a backstage view of him doing a scene. OR lol, it could have been a simple look behind the scenes of the filming of L & C.

Thanks and have a good night. smile
Posted By: rivka Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/05/06 12:26 AM
I'm afraid I don't happen to recognize either (I'm very bad at "Name that Fic"), but I did want to welcome you to the board! wave
Posted By: KathyM Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/05/06 01:49 AM
grumble I just hit the ADD REPLY button with all my guesses as to the unidentified fics, and I got an error because someone moved the thread! And of course it didn't get saved... grumble grumble

So let me try again. First off, welcome to the boards!

Second, the only story that I can think of fitting your first description is Revelations in Captivity . But that was only posted last year, so it isn't exactly from "long ago".

Re the behind-the-scenes type stories, there are several possibilities there. There were two mirror stories to each other: Swapmeet: Burbank and Swapmeet: Metropolis , and also the stand-alone The Chicken or the Egg? . There's also Wendy's "Big Boys" series, which isn't what you're looking for, I don't think, but has some similarities. You can find the links here .

I hope someone else has some guesses in case these aren't the right ones, because I'll want to read them too!

Kathy
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/05/06 08:51 AM
Hi, Zoar3 - welcome!

Revelations in Captivity is probably the story you want. It's by tvnerdgirl and was posted at a different fanfic website for quite some time before it was submitted to the archive.

smile

'Toc
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/05/06 06:50 PM
Welcome. I remember the story about Dean being Superman, but darn if I can remember what it is.
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/05/06 07:31 PM
Thank you everyone for the welcome and suggestions! I will go check all those tales out a little later tonight and post back either then or tomorrow. smile
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/05/06 09:25 PM
I absolutely loved "Revelations" in captivity. (For the second time around). Yes we had a winner with that one. smile The others I briefly skimmed but they don't seem to be "the one." Maybe the idea is one that lol some of us could simply "write." Though I truly believe the story is already put there.

I have enjoyed getting reacqainted with archived stories as it has been a while. Besides after a long day of teaching, reading some fic is a great way to unwind. smile

'Night all
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/05/06 10:57 PM
I'm probably way off on my guess about that second story you're asking about, but could it be this one?

It\'s a Thing He Does At Parties by Jude Williams
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/06/06 07:05 AM
I think the second one might be this story I remember . . . I don't remember the title or author though, but I do know that it's Lois & Clark--sort of. The people in the LnC universe are shooting a movie about Superman, and Clark (actually, he's cast with Superman as the actor name) plays a minor part in the movie, instead of playing himself. Is that the one you were talking about, Zoar?

Oh, wait! I just remembered . . . I think the title is "Superman is Hot."
Posted By: rivka Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/08/06 01:00 PM
Originally posted by KathyM:
grumble I just hit the ADD REPLY button with all my guesses as to the unidentified fics, and I got an error because someone moved the thread! And of course it didn't get saved... grumble grumble
Switch to Firefox. It has saved my aborted posts more than once!
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/08/06 01:23 PM
Here's the one I was thinking of, with a link this time:

Superman Is Hot! (or A Movie Entitled: Superman)
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/10/06 06:30 PM
Oh, hey, thanks for rec, Darcy. I'm not sure that was the one Zoar was looking for, but I'm pleased that you thought of it. laugh
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/10/06 08:26 PM
Nancy! I didn't even realize that it was your story! When I read fic, I tend to just skim past the header information and the author's notes to the story itself. I didn't even look at the byline when I was searching for the link. And you're totally welcome. smile
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/14/06 12:08 AM
Thanks, Darcy! I have a little sequel in the works.
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/14/06 03:14 AM
Good! I love sequels...
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Hi there and a question :) - 12/14/06 08:10 AM
Thanks, Darcy! I have a little sequel in the works.
*ork* :p evil
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards