Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#153177 11/24/06 03:40 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I was wondering if anyone might have a copy of "Season 5" episode 19, "Charity Begins at Home" sittin' around on their hard drives.

I e-mailed the author a few days ago when I started reading the Season 5 stories, but have yet to receive an answer, and I've gotten to that point in the season.

I HATE skipping over stories in a chronology, so if no one has a copy of this particular "episode," I'll have to wait however long it takes for the author to send me a copy--and I have no idea how long that might be--before I can read the rest of season five and on into season six, which I'm dying to do.

So, if anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#153178 11/24/06 09:20 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I have no idea why it's not archived. I'd hazzard to say that, once "aired", the episodes should be public domain, eh? I know there aren't any rules about this, and authors have their rights... this just seems... wrong somehow.

Anyway, I'm dating myself here... but I remembered reading S5 as it "aired" part by part on the old LOISCLA ficlist. Whee! Those were the days. goofy

Anyway, if people were interested in taking a gander at the old ficlist archives , they might find those original airings. wink Thanks to Pam\'s site , I found that S5 ep 19 aired on April 26, 1998. So, April, Week 4 has what you're looking for, Darcy. I noticed the emails (at least the episode emails) are in reverse order, so you'll want to do a text search on the page for S5: "Charity Begins At Home" (part 1 of 11), then sift through for the rest.

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#153179 11/25/06 05:26 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, Sara! That's perfect. smile

It was a bit confusing, but I got the whole thing and downloaded it to my palm pilot.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#153180 11/25/06 04:23 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
When Sandy left the fandom, she pulled her fics off all the archives. I would also bet that the email address you have for her is not the current one.

I have one that was current as of about a year ago.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#153181 11/25/06 04:44 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, rivka, but I've got the story now.

Darcy\'s Place
#153182 03/09/07 08:43 AM
Blogger
Blogger
notworthy

Thank you

Just about to battle my way through it now

Ellie x

#153183 03/09/07 11:13 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Yes. Thank you Sara!

I've read the season 5 two years ago, but I couldn't have that episode. I've emailed the author a couple of times, but never got an answer. So I had to move to the next episode without having ever read that one.

Now, I'd be able to. Thank you again.

#153184 03/10/07 10:20 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!
Thank You! Thank You! clap clap clap clap

I was finally able to read ep 19. It was hilarous!!
I have not been able to find it.
I also tried e-mailing and did not get a response
back.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard