Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
SJH Online Content
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
S
Lois did manage to get herself into rather deep expletive deletions this time. But I do think that her fears and struggles with marrage are not without merit, given her history. Still, she is willig to try, for whatever reason. This Lois and Clark seem more real to me because of their fears and struggles.But they are addressing the problems
which gives me hope.
I agree that change must come from within.I see that in Lois. She stepped out of herself with her offer to have this child. She agreedtomarrage,and to share his living space, more concessions.The wedding night was beautifuly handled. She sought to please him without teasing. She did for Clark,what she had never done for another.
So they fight; as with so much in life, you live,and you learn to roll with the punches.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois acts not like a wife but like a woman who uses Clark as a sperm donator - though she wants a baby not for heself but in order to save Superman.
THAT'S IT - that's why I cannot possibly see this couple work! She doesn't care if Clark lives or dies or sets himself on fire; she's saving Superman . She has no concerns for Clark's well-being, his physical or emotional health, other than a cursory statement that he should not overexert himself as Superman. But she doesn't give a hair on a fat monkey's butt about 'Clark the man'. She's made her feelings crystal clear to the dying man sleeping alone in that attic.

OK, she's not blind, she can see he's hot. So what? There's a big difference between thinking someone is hot and caring about them, the same difference as between sex and love.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A man who lost his wife told me that one of the things that happened during her illness was that he ceased to talk carelessly, like one normally does. I think if Lois really cared for Clark, even as a friend, she would think about him all the time, not about herself and her insecurities.

She thinks so much about the result - how to save his life in the future - that she totally forgets how to make his life more full and precious just now.

Gabriele
Merriwether
Merriwether
Lois is such a prude. It is breaking my heart that Clark has to sleep upstairs in the attic. I understand the whole space/privacy/issues of marriage thing, but 'cmon the dude is dying. At least give him his bed so if he needs to toss his cookies he can be in a more amorable position to run for the loo; I can see him now falling down the spiral staircase. I can understand her hesiation, but the whole illness thing changes everything. I know Lois has more sence, compasion and logistics in her head somewhere.

The attic sounds cool. I'll go sleep there.

Lois is too wrapped into herself. Boy is she learning a lot about herself. She needs to act less irratic mad dog lane and more level headed. She *agreed* to the situation - she needs to deal w/ it in a mature fashion.

I can hardly wait to see how this goes. Please mooooooooooooore. I want to see how the hottest team in town survives this one.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
A man who lost his wife told me that one of the things that happened during her illness was that he ceased to talk carelessly, like one normally does. I think if Lois really cared for Clark, even as a friend, she would think about him all the time, not about herself and her insecurities.
I love the story but I really think Lois has crossed the line into inhumanity here. The kindness and friendship she showed by her willingness to give birth has been totally decimated by her actions since their marriage.

They never should have married. He is sick; he is dying! His possibly last wish was to marry Lois and have a child he could call his own! That really should have not been too much for an intelligent adult to understand. If she couldn't do it, she should have backed out, not used him as a whipping boy for her vicious tongue and insecurities. It's all he can do to try to live each day to the fullest and she has made his possibly last days H**L!

This situation gave Season 1 Lois a chance to demonstrate that she had an unselfish bone in her body. She failed.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can understand why a lot of people are ganging up on Lois but Clark is part of the problem as well.

As I see it the problem of this relationship (marriage or no marriage) stems form miscommunication which is very much in character for first season Lois and Clark.

While Lois suffers from a few insecurities so does Clark and the fact that they haven't really discussed anything, partly because of time constraints, certainly doesn't help them deal with this extraordinary situation as individuals or as two persons in a relationship.

People seem to forget that by the time Lois did some thinking and some maturing Clark was the one acting like a child and not talking with Lois. He even decided to go ahead and have the papers for an anullment drawn without discussing this with Lois he just informed her of his intent.

Avia (who suspects she'll need to edit this a lot after posting at 1:30 am wink )

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Top Banana
Top Banana
I re-read the story, trying to figure out just when I began to despise Lois. From the minute they came back from their trip, it's been all about how she feel trapped. She's been an absolute witch to a man who's dying. She insisted on the baby, he insisted on the marriage. Does that mean he's volunteered to be her doormat?

The transplant may not work. What are her paranoid insecurities when compared to a man's life? Somehow it's easy for me to excuse the behavior of a man who's dying when he loses his patience when dealing with a shrew. I understand why he gave up on her. He may be dying, but he still has feelings and she's purposely stomped all over them.

I'd personally like to see Lois deserve Clark, not just get him on a silver platter because she's pregnant.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard