Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Ok, so I've seen some conversation on this topic, but I've got a couple of comments.
What bugged me most in these episodes was how un-assertive Clark was. Why didn't he seek a second opinion? Why did he go along with the whole idea that Lois shouldn't see people she had been familiar with? Why did he go along with not telling Lois about their relationship in the first place? Its not as if Deter could convince him that it was an old wives tale that familiarity will help amnesiacs recover--he *experienced* it working (All Shook Up).

Oh, and for some reason Deter kept reminding me of Scardino. I don't know why. Mannerisms and haircut I guess.

Besides that whole bit, the really big question I have is do you think Lois sued Deter after that? I'm not very knowledgable about law but isn't hypnotizing and seducing your patient, who possibly isn't in the right mind to be making such decisions (an amnesiac would possibly not be able to grasp the full impact or context of a situation, and we certainly know Lois was not aware of the full context of her situation at that time), sufficient grounds for a malpractice suit? Even if they couldn't prove injury perhaps, they could definitely prove there was a duty owed and a duty breached and at least emotional damage.

And is this something Deter decided to do on the spur of the moment because he had an attractive patient? Or does he have a hidden history of this type of thing? Does a well-reputed doctor really just get up one day and decide to risk his entire career on seducing his patient?

"I don't know Mom; it's a bomb stain." -Clark Kent
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
What bugged me most in these episodes was how un-assertive Clark was. Why didn't he seek a second opinion? Why did he go along with the whole idea that Lois shouldn't see people she had been familiar with? Why did he go along with not telling Lois about their relationship in the first place?
This is exactly what drives me nuts about these two episodes. There is absolutely no reason for Clark to behave in such a spineless manner. The only reason it happened, in my opinion, was that TPTB couldn't think of a better way to to bring tension into these episodes. It certainly wasn't based on Clark's character!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Not to mention, way back in All Shook Up, Lois was told--by a psychiatrist--to have Clark around places and people and things he was familiar with, to help jog his memory. WHY that wouldn't have worked for Lois also bugged me when I saw those episodes.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard