Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I was sitting in my office, staring out the window at the leaves on the trees that are now a lovely shade of orange when, suddenly - out of nowhere - an idea came up and hit me smack in the forhead. It left quite a mark, let me tell 'ya...

Has anyone done a story (it would be a *very* 'ALT' story!) where the roles of Lex and Clark are reversed? I mean, the good guy is still the good guy with the super powers and all - and we hate the bad guy, obviously *lol* - but let's say instead of Lex Luthor being a rich philantropist, that Clark Kent is. And instead of Clark being a reporter, Lex is. (Lois is Lois, cause that's the way we like her - hehe!)

I hope that my brain is not so ridiculously soft that I've yet again managed to mistake an already existing story for an idea of my own...!

Before I turn the 3 long pages of notes that just fell on the page - all by themselves I swear, cause there's no way I type that fast! not in a million years! - I figured I should ask whether this exists already.

...and while I'm at it, in the event noone's done it (and hence, I don't have to scrap my notes), if I start writing this would anyone actually bother to read such a far-fetched thing? Or is it just way too out there to make any sense?

smile Thanks!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
I don't know if it's been done - but does it matter? Write it!

What if we all said, 'eh, someone already wrote a story with a revelation' or 'someone already wrote a variation on TOGOM'? Wouldn't the fic world be poorer if we all stopped writing because someone had a similar idea?

Write it anyway!

Sue (who would like to read the story you were going to write where Lois had to check and make sure Clark was really Superman)

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't never read such a story, Lara. And even if there were an alike story, don't let it stop you. Surely the stories wouldn't be equal. wink

Clark'd be a kind of "Bruce Wayne", huh? cool It's an interesting idea. thumbsup

If Lois ends up with Clark, I'm all for it. I'd love reading this story. hyper

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
"would you read such a thing"... ha! what do you think????? smile

go for it, Lara!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh yeah, Lois would *definitely* end up with Clark.

I don't think I would totally have thrown out my notes if I'd found someone had done a story like that before - I'm actually having too much of a good time dreaming this little thing up! - but if someone had done it, then I'd go check and make sure that what I've been thinking isn't already all in their story. wink

Sue, that scene with Lois checking if Superman is Clark, it was for "All Weathered Out". Most of it is already posted on the boards. It was going to be in the last part (at least I think it's the last part now!). I've change the dialog now, obviously. It turned into a sweet and funny little conversation that I'm quite happy with, actually. smile

Blogger
Blogger
Interesting premise--similar to one I had after reading ML Thompson's "Echoes of the Past" (in that story the souls of Lois and Clark are reborn two hundred years in the future--Clark is a descendant of the original Lois and Clark) My thought was, what if Lex Luthor was reborn in the Kent line and Clark Kent was reborn in the Luthor line?

"I don't know Mom; it's a bomb stain." -Clark Kent
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
My thought was, what if Lex Luthor was reborn in the Kent line and Clark Kent was reborn in the Luthor line?
I wonder if that would make Clark a villain, being brought up by these people. Cause I can hardly see Luthors turning to good even 200 years in the future. hehe!

Would make for an interesting story. Challenging for sure cause the role reversal is pretty obvious there. In mine, the personalities stay pretty much the same, just that the prince is now the pauper, so to speak. It does make Clark Kent into a very Bruce Wayne-like character... Lex Luthor gets to be what he really is: a sewer rat. wink

I think this probably comes from my hatred of Lex... I hate him so bad, I've been rewriting an ep from S1 of L&C just for the pleasure of not having him in it. And now I want to make him into a low-life and... well, hopefully crush him under my heel or something. LOL!! (Stangely, I don't dislike him half as much in Smallville... could be 'cause he's not after Lois? cause he can *have* Lana, she's the one I'd get rid of in that series!!)

....and I've gone completely off topic. hehe! I'm off to finish "All Weathered Out" so I can move on to something else. smile (I've got 4 WIPs that I badly want to work on, plus this one now that I'm really excited about. *sigh* If this keeps up, I'll be writing fanfic for the next 50 years. LOL!)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh I would read it. Please have fun writing it!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
If this keeps up, I'll be writing fanfic for the next 50 years.
And we're supposed to think this is a bad thing? smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
And we're supposed to think this is a bad thing? smile
Depends on who you ask. wink

I'm all for it - I've always loved writing, but I've never had as much fun doing it as I do since I've stumbled onto L&C fanfic.

I think my boyfriend's starting to mind hearing me talk about Superman all the time, though. wink According to him I've started talking about Superman in my sleep... probably because I'm writing fanfic in my head while I sleep? Then again, you'd think he'd have learned to live with all my crazy obsessions by now - it's been ten years! wink

Blogger
Blogger
(Stangely, I don't dislike him half as much in Smallville... could be 'cause he's not after Lois? cause he can *have* Lana, she's the one I'd get rid of in that series!!)
Amen!

Of course I think Lex in Smallville is also written better--a more complex character--than he is in Lois and Clark. Even halfway through the fifth season I couldn't figure him out. (I am not up to date on my Smallville frown )

"I don't know Mom; it's a bomb stain." -Clark Kent
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
probably because I'm writing fanfic in my head while I sleep? Then again, you'd think he'd have learned to live with all my crazy obsessions by now - it's been ten years!
I write entire chapters of 'A New Hero' while I'm lying in bed. Then I get up and write it. Now if I could only type as fast as I can think...

Bring it on, Lara. Sounds like a great story to me!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Of course I think Lex in Smallville is also written better--a more complex character--than he is in Lois and Clark. Even halfway through the fifth season I couldn't figure him out. (I am not up to date on my Smallville frown )
They keep you wondering if he has an ulterior motive, just about everytime he makes a move. I love that! Same with Lionel, actually - for the life of me I still don't know whose side he's on, the good guys or the bad guys? Makes it a lot more interesting!! As for Lana, she so bland and boring, even when they give her powers - or kill her off and ressurect her! - she still isn't half as interesting as Shelby, the dog...

(don't shoot me, I know I'm way off my own topic!)

I write entire chapters of 'A New Hero' while I'm lying in bed. Then I get up and write it. Now if I could only type as fast as I can think...
hehehe! Same here! I write pages and pages of stuff in my head, all the time: in the shower, on the bus, during meetings at work (eh!) and half the time while I'm lying in bed. When I'm near a computer, I boot it up and start writing, otherwise, I carry a notebook around everywhere I go just in case I need to take notes. Mind you, this isn't new - I always used to do that, it's just... well... worse, now. hehe!

I was up half the night developping the characters for this story so you can bet I'll bet you'll be reading some of it in the near future. Oddly, though, I don't have a title for it... usually it's one of the first things that I come up with after the idea's popped up in my head... I was thinking "Midas Touch" yesterday, but I'm not so sure it fits anymore. We'll see...

Thanks for the encouragment, guys! sloppy y'all are just the best!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard