Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ok, first off, I really wish I didn't have to ASK... I have not seen season 4. That's right, I haven't seen it. I didn't watch it way back when and the ONE time they reran it (in French, to boot!) was in the middle of the day so I never even knew about it!! (yes, yes, I could go and read the scripts, but that would kinda spoil the episodes when I get the DVD sets... I don't want to do that...)

Soooooo.... in order for me to be able to write this thing I've been working on, I need to know a couple of things:

1) how does Clark come back?? On a ship of some kind or something (like what they had in Superman Returns?) Or not... ???

2) he left with a black Suit... does he still have that when he comes back? or when he lands back on Earth he's already back in Blue and Red?

Thankies! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh. Good questions Lara. I have seen season 4 but only once when it originally aired.

There is a whole part with him on New Krypton ship. But the very very first time he comes back, I seem to remember him being in civilian clothes (oh and there's also a dream where Lois think's he comes back - again he's in civilian clothes). Anyway, he comes back for a "visit" to Lois in civilian clothes. She ends up and goes back to the ship as a concubine with Ching to surprise Clark.

I think the first actual time you see him in a *suit* after he comes back - he is back in his red and blue suit.

And as far as what he comes back in... they never really show that I don't think. But I could be wrong - it was a long long time ago. I'm thinking that he probably used some kind of shuttle between the ship and Earth, but that's just a guess.

So anyway there's my opinion and the little info I remember. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Lara!

Clark comes back from New Krypton in an enormous mothership, that is a floating palace, the royal transport. From the mothership to Earth he came in a white Orb. It was is pulled into the docking chute to the mothership. When the 'palace' was hovering in earthy space, it was cloaked so that it hovered undetected over the city. wink

EDIT: I've corrected the information above. blush

When Clark comes to Daily Planet (as Lord Kal El) with the new-kryptonians, he is wearing the black suit.

The mothership:
[Linked Image]

The 'palace' hovering over Smallville:
[Linked Image]

The white Orb:
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! Cool Andreia! See I knew someone would know - just not me - it's just been too long (sigh) I can't wait till November! dance

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just curious -- am I one of the only people in the world that recorded the show with a VCR when it first came out? (And I still have the tapes. Now if I was just more organized and knew where all of them were.)

Hey, Andreia, how did you get those great pics?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Nancy!

I have the episodes in VCR, too. thumbsup

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I also have a second set of tapes when they aired in re-runs.

How did you upload the pics? I haven't figured out a very good way of doing that.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How did you upload the pics? I haven't figured out a very good way of doing that.
Just save them on your computer, then go to a free image site like ImageShack . The uploading process is pretty straightforward, and once it's done, you even get a selection of link types to choose from (e.g. thumbnails, direct links, etc). Then you can just insert the links into your posts.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cool! Thanks SO much!!!! smile The images are incredibly helpful! And YAY! Cause if he comes back in the black suit, my story is saaaaaaaved!!!! WOOOOOOO. (sorry, I have to get excited about *something* I'm sitting here with the phone cradled between my shoulder and my ear, trying to help out a friend with the computer she keeps messing up... this is the 3rd time in 2 weeks she needs to reinstall something. And if she needs to reboot again, I will scream cause this is a long distance call.... LOL! ...sorry... I know I babble... LOL!)

Nancy - I did record the episodes on tape back then, too. smile And I can't get rid of the tapes either. Except on the tapes I only have Season 2 and the beginning of Season 3. I suppose the tapes from Season 1 got lost at some point... The rest of S3 and S4 I never had at all.

I also have 2 copies of S1 on DVD, but that's a sad story... I had to buy it again after lending the pilot episode to someone from whom I can never get it again. whinging

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Just curious - am I one of the only people in the world that recorded the show with a VCR when it first came out? (And I still have the tapes. Now if I was just more organized and knew where all of them were.)

:p Definitely not. Now I didn't think to tape all the eps, but I bought the whole lot off of Marilyn a while ago, so now I have all the episodes. I'm totally holding onto them for sentimental reasons LOL. VCR never worked when I was living with the folks, and they definitely didn't fit in my car when I moved yesterday. Maybe one day I'll break down and buy the DVDs...

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
I taped the whole series, although over the years the fourth and the end of the third season got taped over (because at the time I could have cared less - the show lost me when Lois got amnesia <shrugs>). I even have the little teasers for the next episode for most of the shows. I keep thinking I should put them in the re-record bin but I like the fact that I have them on video from back before the whole bottom of the screen became a crawling advert for the next show. A couple of times I must have been out of town because I have the whole show, including commercials. It's like a time warp! For the first season or so they don't even have the ABC logo superimposed in the bottom corner when it comes back from commercial - it's just the show the way nature intended for them to be watched.

Ah, good times.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! I just wondered since everybody always seems to talk about the DVD's now. There's something to be said about seeing the commercials with the show. It's like a time warp.

And thanks for the Image Shack info. That's the first site I've found that will work for what I need. Now I can post my little idea for a hero!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I not only recorded all the episodes (and printed out fancy labels for the tapes), but I would also (I blush to admit) record other ABC shows throughout the week, in hopes of catching a preview/promo, since sometimes they had different information than the preview they'd show Sunday night after the show. Mostly, I'd just set the VCR and then check the tape later -- fast-forwarding through the actual show and watching the commercials smile1

Could I find it now? Um, probably not. (Though I'll bet Chris could; she's a librarian. laugh ) What the heck, it was fun.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard