Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#151806 08/25/06 02:17 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Here's what I was pondering, and I'm way open to any ideas, suggestions, out-loud thinking, etc...

It seems there was no shortage of Bad Guys who discovered who Clark Kent was without the glasses. And yet, they were all pretty much neutralized before they could do anything with that juicy bit of gossip.

What if they hadn't been? If Lex hadn't been crushed under Metropolis, for instance. What's the worst they could do?

Say every villain in the know had a week's head start-- no handy hologram to prove them 'wrong'-- and accepting that first and foremost Lois and the Kents would be under threat 24/7 and the world would know and Kryptonite would show up in the darndest places, what else might they do?

I'm just wondering.

Thanks for indulging!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#151807 08/25/06 02:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What you mean no "Wells" to save the day either??? wink

Mayhem, utter mayhem I'm telling you. Dr. Klein did you come up with that vaccine against Kryptonite yet?

Eeek!

Your second question this week CC - I hear the rumblings of a story! laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#151808 08/25/06 04:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Um...attempt to kidnap Clark so that they could clone him or otherwise produce more superpowered beings?

Ask him if he knows where Elvis is (aliens know these things)?

Panic, because who knows how many more aliens are living undercover all around us? Except you asked about villains, and they don't panic about stuff like that, I guess.

Make him summon the other aliens/New Kryptonians so that the baddies can enter into some kind of bad-guy alliance with them?

Otherwise, I'm stumped. Guess I don't think like a villain. wink

Yvonne

#151809 08/25/06 09:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's not any one plan. It's the general chaos.

Clark and his friends and family no longer have a private life. If they're not being stalked by criminals, they're being ambushed by reporters.

A bunch of others would try to blow up significant buildings (the DP, Clark's apartment, the Kents' house, etc.) as either some sort of revenge or to take away his ability to hide or to try to get him to be Superman more or whatever.

Then there are all the Kryptonite plans. Granting Clark an exclusive interview in a room with a lead box. Positioning snipers with glowing bullets near Clark's known haunts. Ambushing him at odd moments and in unexpected ways.

Then you've got all the people who run up to him or call him at home or at work because they want him to fix some problem or other (some of them real things to worry about, many of them cranks). And the ones who loudly complain when their messages are ignored.

The constant attempts on Lois, Perry, Jimmy, the Kents, etc. Some people trying to kidnap them. Some trying to kill them (for being "traitors," just to get to Clark, out of crazed jealousy, etc.).

Not a moment's peace. Not a moment's privacy. Not a moment when any of them can let their guard down ever again. Some of them (not his true friends, but the ones at the periphary) might even start to blame him for bringing all this down on their heads.

That's if the world in general knows.

If it's a couple of villains who keep things to themselves in order to get the first shot... Depends on the villain. I think you've got most of the bases covered. It's just a question of how complex the scheme will get.

One thing you might want to do is keep Clark from knowing that you know. Start messing with stuff around him. Keep him off-balance, never quite sure what's going on or why. Keep him confused and worried, but not quite expecting anyone to come after him while he's in his civvies. You could also send (mis)information to Clark without him knowing that you expected him to find it.

You could plant false info for him to find, getting him to go after the wrong guys. Like they when Lucky Leon got him to steal those missiles. Get him to do stuff for you without even realizing it, then convince the world that he'd gone rogue.

You could kidnap several people close to him, and keep them all in different places. ("You go after one, I kill the others...") Then it's a question of whether you lure him into a trap or try to get him to do stuff for you first.

Other than that... I don't know. Stashing Kryptonite in unexpected places has been mentioned. Blackmailing him has been done.

Oh... Legal issues. Sue Clark for all the damage Superman's battles and rescues have caused. Go after him as an "illegal alien." Subpeona him for vigilantism. Sue the DP. Go after him for any time he could have illegally used his powers to get ahead. Get together a class action suit of people whose hearing may have been damaged by sonic booms. Bury him in paperwork, bankrupt him, keep him from holding any job, etc. While you're at it, turn public opinion against him. Make him completely ineffectual. Play your cards right, and you could get him legally banned from the country...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#151810 08/25/06 09:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Personally I think kidnapping loved ones is so 1990s. If I were a villian, I'd totally be into Kryptonite weapons and ambushes. Even with a week's head start to build this thing, I'd still have to deal with the initial rush of pesky fans. I'm not interested in popping them at all; just Superman...just that filthy little alien who started sticking his nose where it didn't...um, ahem. Clears throat. Happy writing!

Jen
laugh

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#151811 08/25/06 10:39 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Might some of the villains Clark (with Lois) has put behind bars attempt to find some legal loopholes around the fact that the person who dished the dirt on them wasn't who he said he was at the time? Said villains might try to bring various court cases against Clark or claim a mis-trial or simply an unsafe conviction and thus get released from jail.

BTW, I'm trying to think of stuff other than personal threats to Clark, his family and his friends, since that seemed to be what you were asking for.

Yvonne

#151812 08/25/06 11:40 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Given his abilities, and I suspect the help of the FBI etc. if he asked for it, I'm pretty sure that Clark could step into a new secret identity if he had to. Once it was known for certain that he _had_ a secret identity there would always be people looking for him and Lois, of course, so the disguise would have to be pretty good, but it's far from impossible.

If all else fails there's always New Krypton.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#151813 08/25/06 11:45 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dress in lead? smile

In one my current story, a kryptonite force field will be used (this part hasn't been posted yet), but feel free to use the idea. Pretty common idea anyway.

Phone interviews only - no more in person interviews.

Move everyone to the North Pole to live in a Fortress of Solitude mansion. rotflol
Seriously, get all his loved ones out of the way immediately.

Find a psychiatrist or four to declare the bad guys crazy. None of them know what they are talking about. Make the public think they are just saying the same old thing that's been proved wrong before. Do what they do in Smallville - lock 'em all in Bell Reve (sanitarium). Send 'em to Gotham City and lock 'em in Arkham - let Batman deal with 'em. No, seriously get the bad guys declared insane!! (It's not as hard as you might think to at least get them committed to a mental institution against their will. Just find a sympathetic mental health person. If you want more info about that, feel free to email me. I'm a nurse with psychiatric experience.)

Grab an Alt-Clark to prove once again that Clark isn't Superman. Make Clark temporarily vulnerable
from kryptonite so that everyone sees him bleed in some minor way. Point out that just because they look similar doesn't mean that Superman is Clark Kent. What about the guy who is a Superman look-a-like?

Say that Superman decided to go undercover and borrowed some of Clark's clothes.

Hatman, What's DP mean?

As to this:

Said villains might try to bring various court cases against Clark or claim a mis-trial or simply an unsafe conviction and thus get released from jail.
Lex Luthor was released in the movie because Superman didn't show up to testify. I don't know that they could actually bring cases against Clark, because the lawyers - DA - would have to have more against the bad guys than just Clark's word. It would have to be on film, CSI type evidence, etc. What's an 'unsafe' conviction?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#151814 08/25/06 12:51 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Hatman, What's DP mean?
I'm not Paul, but I'm pretty sure DP = Daily Planet. wink Pretty common FoLC acronym. laugh

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard