Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Lex's man, Nigel. Dead? Missing? Last seen?

I know he dies in a lot of fics, so in my head, he died on the series as well. However, I thought I'd ask because I can't remember the how, why, where, and when of the last Nigel sighting.

Also, I can't remember his last name.

And furthermore, I can't remember if Nigel ever knew that CK=Supes.

In a nutshell:I have Nigel-Related-Amnesia, and I need a swift kick in the memory cells.

Anyone?

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi CC!

Nigel died in the last episode of season 2 - And the Answer Is...

He was helping Jacen Mazik to blackmail Superman. Yes, he knew that CK = Superman because Jacen had that diary of Tempus and shared the info with Nigel.

At the end of the ep when Jacen thinks they've killed Lois and Superman (and his parents) - Nigel tries to doublecross Jacen and take the diary. But Jacen had toasted to their success and poisoned Nigel's drink (Jacen didn't drink any).

So Nigel died from poisoning at Jacen's hand.

Hope that info helps! laugh

*edit* - oh and his name was Nigel St. John

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
Nigel was last seen in the episode where Clark was going to take Lois to breakfast at Callard's and tell her he was Superman. The one where Superman froze her... And the Answer Is (?) I think that's the name of it. I do know that's the ep. At the end, the bad guy (I forget his name-- Mazik! Just remembered! smile ) poisoned Nigel.

And his last name was St. John.

SQD (who says don't quote me 'cause I do have sometimers-- sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't dizzy )

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
*does her best to stop hyper spazzing and bubbling with excitement because CC posted an FFQ, which usually means BRILLIANCE is on its way!* dance

*cough* Ahem.

Anyway, just wanted to point out in case it's useful to the story (not because I'm trying to disguise my fangirl squeeing by staying semi on topic, really):

The script reads JACE MAZIC at the beginning, and Jason T. Mazik is the name Clark gets from the airline.

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Two points:

First,
*does her best to stop spazzing and bubbling with excitement because CC posted an FFQ, which usually means BRILLIANCE is on its way!*
That is exactly what I thought when I saw CC's question! I practically did a happy dance at my desk!

Second, I noticed in the show that although that character was introduced as Jason, he was called Jace at least twice, including once by Lois. I thought it was kind of strange that she would nickname him, so it makes a lot more sense if that was simply confusion in the script.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Count me in on the fan girl gushing. laugh

Also, I'd totally forgotten that Nigel dies in the series. I'm really rather upset. He's such a nice guy.

Yvonne

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Any gushing would be really, really premature. (But deeply appreciated! laugh ) I just have this 'Thing' lingering on my HD that I'd like to get rid of. I had the thought that a dash of Nigel might be the missing ingredient.

However-- and thank you to MetroRhodes and SQD ( wave !!) for their answers-- he dies far too early.

Or... maybe it was one of those poisons that only makes you look dead, but within a few hours you feel much improved. Maybe?

And just to be sure I have it right, Jason/Jace is just this generic bad guy, yes? Unrelated to anyone else, but he happens to have Tempus's diary? Does he die, then? Or just... go to the Failed Bad Guy Retirement Home?

Thank you for all the answers and comments, everyone!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Jace's father was this lucky guy who got rich after somehow getting ahold of the diary, but I don't think he was related to anyone significant.

Jace was caught by Superman, and was presumably turned over by him to the police after Superman incinerated the diary.

Not sure about there being any wiggle room with regard to Nigel's death on the show, but perhaps it's a detail you can tweak.

Looking forward to your new story whenever it emerges, CC!

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just have this 'Thing' lingering on my HD that I'd like to get rid of.
/me camps out in front of her mailbox and waits patiently.

As for Nigel - I always thought the man was way too wiley to trust someone like Jason Mazik or be caught out with that poison drink so easily. It's always seemed to me implausible that Nigel would never have it occur to him for one second that Mazik wouldn't try to betray him. Or that he wouldn't have taken steps to ensure any devious plans of Mazik's would fail.

So, if you wanted to go with him pretending to be poisoned, having somehow cleverly managed to circumvent Mazik's plans, I'll buy it.

I know you can come up with something plausible, CC. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Or... maybe it was one of those poisons that only makes you look dead, but within a few hours you feel much improved. Maybe?
Hah! Loved that.

Well this is the world of Superman after all. Look how many times Lex came back (and continued to come back even in later fanfic). I'm sure you can fanagle a way to bring Nigel back if you really want him. wink

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well this is the world of Superman after all. Look how many times Lex came back (and continued to come back even in later fanfic)
Yup, if a guy can launch himself from the Penthouse suite of a high rise tower block and go splat on the pavement in front of dozens of witnesses...and survive to tell the tale...you can deal with an itty bitty little thing like poisoned wine, CC! goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard