Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
I'd like to refer to a story in something I'm working on, but I can't find it to ask the original author's permission. It's a vignette from Lois's youth where she and Lucy run away from home, get to a bus or train station, and before she can buy a ticket, a uniformed police officer sits down with them and eventually takes them home. Turns out that the officer was Bill Henderson, who feels responsible for her safety now, and that's why he takes such an interest in Lois's career but doesn't want her to know he remembers her from that time. However, Lois does remember but thinks Henderson doesn't, and their prickly relationship is a cover for both of them to hide their affection for each other from each other (and anyone else who listens to them say more than three words to each other). Can anyone help me find this one?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
IIRC, this is Wendy's Don\'t be a Stranger

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Terry smile

It's not a vignette - that was part of the backstory in my Don't Be A Stranger, the story Kathy identified above. And, sure, you're welcome to refer to it.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Kathy, thanks for the link. And thanks for getting the information so quickly. That was it!

Wendy, thanks for permission to reference your story. For some reason, that little episode stuck in my mind and just attached itself to Lois's personality. That's why I thought it was a brief vignette. I'll rework my story to match more closely to what you wrote, and I'll certainly credit you. Thanks for the insight into Lois's childhood traumas.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Have to say the networking and sharing that you guys do is awsome.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard