Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#151654 08/03/06 02:19 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Can't remember the title of this one, so I can't find it anymore...

It was a "what if" type thing where Lex Luthor had been keeping Clark captive for like 10 years and treating him like a servant - I think he'd rescued him when he had amnesia or something? I'm quite positive it wasn't a clone. Lex kept him in a tiny little room and barely ever let him out; that's the bit I recall the most. And then Clark met Lois and... well, I don't remember what happens next...

Anyone have any idea which story this is?

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#151655 08/03/06 03:56 AM
Columnist
Columnist
That sort of sounds like "Purgatory" by StopQuitDont. Such a sad story, but wonderful just the same. I think I may go back and read it again. Hope this helps you!

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
#151656 08/03/06 04:00 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
There are similarities to "Purgatory" - Lex was the cause of Clark's imprisonment - but I don't think that's the one that LaraMoon is describing. Truthfully, it doesn't sound familiar, so I hope someone can pin it down. And certainly if you haven't read "Purgatory", head on down to the Archive and check it out - it's a great story!

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#151657 08/03/06 06:01 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Yeah, I guess I didn't read it carefully enough. I just focused on "Lex Luthor had been keeping Clark captive for like 10 years" and I didn't pay attention to the rest of the description. I don't think I ever read the story you're describing. Hmmm, I wonder if anyone else can figure it out. confused

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
#151658 08/03/06 07:11 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well... maybe I'm wrong? ahhhh! I'm so confused. :-(

I know for sure *someone* was keeping him, treating him like a servant. Maybe it's not Lex? Who else could it be, though? Ack! I definitely need more RAM for my brain cause my memory sucks! LOL

#151659 08/03/06 07:28 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I remember a story (sorry, can't think of the name) where Lex got ahold of Clark when he was very young and Clark became Lex's servant - and becomes the one who enforces Lex's empire. Then Lois comes along and Clark (naturally) falls in love at first sight. I think she is interviewing him. Anyway, could that be the story you're thinking about?

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#151660 08/03/06 07:36 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
OOOOOH! I *found* it! *happy dance*!!!

Fear (by Deja Vu)

Guess I wasn't so far off the mark - he's been held captive by Luthor for 11 years and suffering from amnesia. laugh

Been looking for hours, hehe! Thank god it's not busy at work today. ;-)

#151661 08/03/06 07:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I remember a story (sorry, can't think of the name) where Lex got ahold of Clark when he was very young and Clark became Lex's servant - and becomes the one who enforces Lex's empire.
That should be "Mis-Kal-culations" by TJGruffs. Unhappily it wasn't finished. whinging

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#151662 08/03/06 11:33 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
No, Ultrawoman, I don't think that's the story I'm thinking of. I can remember the end of this story. Besides, I'm pretty sure I remember all the stories that I have read that were never completed - which is why I don't read incomplete stories (they drive me insane forever when they aren't finished wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
#151663 08/03/06 03:53 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ML,
Hurry up and remember it..... coz I read it too and cannot for the life of me remember the title either sad It was definately finished.... and now it's driving me nuts trying to think of the name confused

S (who's off to look thru the archive and my hard drive.... ack!!)

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
#151664 08/08/06 01:51 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
is it ultimate soldier by stopquitdont ?

Hello...DUH!!!!
#151665 08/09/06 01:49 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
No, that's not it. I'm beinging to think I've lost my mind. Please, does anyone know what story I'm talking about? It really is driving me crazy now.

ML wave

#151666 08/09/06 10:36 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm pretty sure it was written before I wrote my first story - or pretty close.
I'm not sure how much help this will be to you, ML, but you could always search the Archive by year. Just click on the 'by date' link to the left of the home page.

Course, if it was never submitted to the Archive...

But might be worth a go.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard