Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
#151445 08/20/06 05:15 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Simona's quote is from a great story: Learning Curves by Chris Carr. Highly recommended if you haven't read it yet!

And from another awesome story, this was this author's debut fic in FoLCdom, and what a way to come in...

Suddenly, on the screen, Clark glanced upward in a swinging arc. She gasped, for in doing so, he must have discovered the camera's existence. As if in a dream, he looked directly at her, the camera's eye her own as it recorded his face in a permanent magnetic code. The glare of the lights was absent, and through the frames she could see the eyes that haunted the few hours of sleep she managed each night. As sweet as the richest chocolate and more precious to her than anything on earth, the brown orbs stared back at her, lingering for the briefest pause. Then, a slow grin lifted the corners of his mouth, the sensuous lips parting to reveal a smile that lifted her for the smallest second out of the depth of her anguish and back into the light. Her heart pounded so painfully that she clutched her chest. As quickly as it happened, he looked downward again, turned and strode off the screen. The sunlight vanished, hidden once again by storm clouds heavy with salty raindrops.
Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#151446 08/20/06 06:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ohh, I remember this story! I have no time to post another quote, so I don't want guess it, but I have to say it: this is author's debut fic??? First time she write a L&C story, and she can write so wonderfully? I cried, really cried when I read this scene, and the whole story is great! My clap clap to the author!

simona smile

#151447 08/20/06 08:04 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Twins! Oh, my gosh. I thought I'd read all of Nan's LnC stuff.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#151448 08/20/06 08:25 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I got it Kathy.

That's Save Me, Superman by Lynn M.

How about this one:

Clark Kent walked the short distance to his new apartment on Metropolis's Upper East Side. He took the stairs to his fifth floor, one bedroom apartment and unlocked the door. He entered his as yet undecorated flat and side stepped around neatly labeled cardboard boxes that littered the hardwood floor. He kicked off his shoes and quickly discarded the tie. He flipped through the mail, amazed at how quickly the junk mail had accrued despite the fact that he had been in Metropolis for only a week. He made his way to where the phone sat upon the floor for lack of anything else to put it on, and picked up the handset. He dialed a familiar number, thankful that Metropolis was an hour ahead of Kansas, time zone wise, which meant that his parents would still be up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Mom," he replied.

"Clark!" she exclaimed.

"Jonathan! It's Clark!"

"Hello, son." He heard his father's deep voice.

"Hi, Dad."

"How's Metropolis?"

"It's fine, Dad....

#151449 08/21/06 05:12 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another clue, please? wink

simona smile

#151450 08/21/06 12:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, another hint... This story received a kerth!

Lois felt the blood running down her face. It stung her eyes when
she tried to open them. Her head was throbbing and she knew she
couldn't take much more of this. "You killed Danny Carter. How many
other people are you going to kill to play out your sick little
fantasy?"

"As many as it takes, Miss Lane. And don't worry. I'll make sure to
look suitably somber when I visit your father to pay my condolences
to him after the loss of his beloved daughter in a tragic car wreck."

She prepared herself for the impending attack but nothing happened.
She heard the echoes of retreating footsteps and the sound of a door
somewhere closing. How had she gotten into this mess? Where was
Perry? Where were Henderson and MPD?

"Clark, where are you?" she whispered, the words escaping in a sob.

#151451 08/22/06 12:57 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh! With your second post it's very easy! THis is the final scene of Lifeflight part 1 by Raconteur! I love this series! smile1

I need few minutes to think to a great story like this one!

Got it! A great story by a talented author:

“I like it when you make jokes.” He smiled back. “And I like it when you’re serious too. In case you were feeling like you were more fun to be around if you were joking.” Stop it. You’re doing it again. Saying too much. Bending over backwards. It makes her uncomfortable when you do that.

“I was just… you know – wondering about it – they both left together… do you think that they think something – you know – is going on between us… “ She blurted it out quickly, and then continued desperately trying to sound casual. “You know – because we came together?”

“Well – I think Perry knows that we’re good friends now.”

Good friends. Great. “So you don’t think – “

“Oh – well – No – Perry would know better, you know… “ He trailed off again. “I feel weird talking about this, so please excuse me if I sound like an idiot.”

She smiled. “I should say the same.”

“You don’t. You never do. Sound like an idiot.” Ok. Stop. Stop right now. Before she figures out you’re in love with her.
simona smile

#151452 08/22/06 03:06 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ah, I called that within the first two sentences. Maybe because I've read the story tons of times. *g*

It's from L's Long Strange Trip .

This little bit makes me smile every time I read the story from which it comes. I've done that a lot of times, too.

What kind of guy didn't have sex on his mind constantly?

Did he think she wasn't worth kissing?

The scowl was back. Her eyes narrowed on him.

Maybe he was gay.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
#151453 08/22/06 04:15 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Oh, Mrs. Mosley, you do know about that wonderful thing called the archive, don't you? (There's actually more than one.)
I do read a lot of stuff at lcfanfic.com and also Annesplace. The only problem I have is that there are so many stories, it is hard to choose! I hit the random link a lot, which is good, but I like having recommendations for particular stories that other people have enjoyed.

And I don't know this quote. I wish I did, because I know exactly which story I would quote from on my turn. Oh, well, I'll just keep reading and someday I will get one!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#151454 08/22/06 11:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Got it!!

It's Epiphany by LabRat

Here's another one:

"Hey there, big boy? Watcha doin' in my neck of the woods?"
comes a sultry, feminine voice.

I glance across the room from me. There before me is the most
exquisite female form I've ever known. Wow! That body! So
well-formed, so... ample. Her coloring is unlike anything I've
ever seen before. I find myself gaping at her when she speaks
again.

"Um, did you hear me? I asked what you were doing here?" Oh,
that voice. It was is so alluring, so... seductive. Gah, what
is wrong with me? Get a grip!

#151455 08/23/06 08:36 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I just finished reading that! Travel Plans by MetroRhodes. Cute story. That was recently uploaded.

How 'bout this one:

"So, how many people did you save on the way over tonight?" Lois asked, the subject of Superman reminding her that her partner
was now masquerading as a hero. He blanched, a surprised expression coming across his face, coaxing a laugh out of her. She gestured toward his costume. "Zorro. The whole do-gooder thing suits you."

His expression softened, the smile coming back to his lips. "The alcalde decided to give the peons a break and take the day off," he said, slipping back into the Spanish accent. A mischievous twinkle glinted in his eyes. "I did, however, save a stranded motorist from the clutches of a bandit."

"Ooh," Lois said, acting suitably impressed, finally enjoying indulging a little fantasy. "My hero," she continued, the arm behind his back drawing him in a little closer.
Julie

#151456 08/23/06 08:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't know the quote that was just posted, but I just had to say "eeep!" for seeing one of my stories on this thread.

How exciting! Thanks! blush

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#151457 08/23/06 09:38 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know this! It's My Other Secret Identity by Cindy Leuch! I love Clark as Zorro! laugh

My new quote:

Dear Lois, (she read)

I wanted to let you know as soon as I could that everything went fine and to thank you for all the things that you did for me, even for shoving me off that building.

I didn't want to be seen around the Daily Planet again for reasons that you will understand in a few days. I hoped you would be here when I came by, but since you weren't, this should tide you over until the stores open tomorrow. I brought it from my favorite takeout place in Shanghai.

You were right all along, you know. I couldn't stand to lose the important things in my life, and you were the most important. I realized that when you kissed me, and I guess in the end, that was what made me remember; I know that was when it happened, and it makes sense, at least to me. I remember everything, now, and I'll explain it all, or at least as much as I know, when I see you again.

I'll be busy for the next couple of days, tying up some loose ends, but I'll be seeing you very soon. I meant what I said back in Willow Rock. I hope you did, too.

Love,

Charlie

P.S. And I'm not married.
simona smile

#151458 08/24/06 08:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Need another clue?
At the beginning of the story:

"What happened?" she demanded. The circumstances were pretty unbelievable. The fireball had hit and she had found a completely naked man sitting, apparently unhurt, in the very center of the crater.

"I...I don't know." He rubbed his face, smearing the soot more thoroughly across his features.

"Who are you?"

In the uncertain light of the fire, he looked more lost than ever. "I don't remember," he mumbled. His voice had begun to shake. "I...I don't know."

Something was very weird here. Still, she couldn't just leave the guy stranded almost naked in Centennial Park, in the middle of the night. He might be hurt more than it looked like. Didn't people die from internal injuries when they seemed perfectly fine? The least she could do would be to drop him off at the emergency room.

"Come with me," she commanded. "And don't try anything. I have a brown belt in karate."
simona smile

#151459 08/24/06 08:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's Nan Smith's Four Days Until Nightfall .

Try this one:

He approached the door and jammed it into the crack between the door and the wall, working it, hopefully, between the lock and the stop. It stuck strangely, and for a long time the lock
didn't seem to want to move. Perhaps the laminate was too thin and flexible? It was definitely a lot more flexible than a credit card. He glared at his handiwork in consternation.

Well, what now? Maybe there was a way to make the material more stiff...

He didn't have time to debate further, however, because as he jiggled the laminate some more in frustration, the lock finally decided to give way, and the door popped back toward him. In
surprise, he lost his grip on the makeshift lock pick, which in turn lost its purchase in the jam and slipped to the floor with a splat sound. He jumped out of the way as the door yawed slowly
backwards along its arc with a barely audible moan. There, standing with her hand out as though she had just opened the door herself, was Lois. She popped her gaze down to the piece of
table that now lay resting at his feet, and then looked back at him.

"Well," she said, "I was going to rescue you, but this works too."
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#151460 08/24/06 10:46 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Oooh! Brilliant story! And I'd be fired if I didn't know this one, as I was BRing it. *g* This is Aria's fantastic Waking a Miracle .

It's a bit long, but worth it. wink I still hold that these "characters" should have been nominated for Best Original/Supportning Character. goofy

"No. You don't get to tell me that there's something you've been keeping from me and then make me wait even longer."

"Perish the thought." He paused, frowning. "Sorry, poor choice of words." He blinked away the frown, then continued. "I still don't think you're well enough for a serious talk."

Indignation, abandoning its previous companions, joined Curiosity and Determination. The three worked in practiced unison to set up an impenetrable fortress.

She glared at him. Who was he to make that decision for her? And did he really think he could get away with not talking? Again? After all the times he'd run out in the middle of a serious conversation? Maddeningly, her glare was completely ineffective. He wasn't even looking at her. His eyes were unfocused. He was thinking. Suddenly, he turned back to her.

"How about this? I'll make you a cup of tea. You drink it -- slowly -- and when you're done, we'll talk. Deal?"

She thought about it. Curiosity was willing to give up a few minutes in exchange for guaranteed cooperation, but Determination and Indignation weren't prepared to wait. Curiosity asked if they had a better plan. After consulting with the still-foggy central processor, they were forced to reply that no, they did not, but, really, when had they needed one before? A fight broke out in the fortress, the outcome uncertain. To buy time, she seized a small party of Curious troops who had ventured outside the fortress. "Tea?" she asked.

"Well, I don't think coffee is a good idea. We don't know if it would react with the pill. Tea seems safer."

She hadn't thought of that. Worry snuck into the battle-ravaged fortress, throwing everything into hopeless confusion. Clearly, she needed more time. She decided to be playful. "Oolong?"
Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#151461 08/24/06 10:51 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Simona, I knew it was Nan's but that was as far as I could get.

#151462 08/24/06 01:10 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story, don't you think? And Sara, I don't remember your quoted story, but surely I'll read it if I didn't, it seems very good!

Simona smile

#151463 08/24/06 02:23 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
This is Paul's excellent Persephone\'s Return

And now for a quote for the very first L&C story that I ever read...

"Clark, that didn't do you much good last time!" Lois exclaimed. "You lost it somewhere in space!" She jumped to her feet and began to pace the living room. "These people seriously want you to fly into space on what could be a hopeless task - I mean, there's no guarantee that you'll even succeed - and risk your life in the process? I don't believe it! How could they...! How *dare* they demand you risk your life like that!"

"Lois, if I don't risk my life on this, the entire planet could die," Clark pointed out quietly. "That's how serious this thing is."

Too many thoughts were flying through Lois's brain to allow her to think coherently; the only concept which her mental processes could deal with was the possibility that her husband could get killed on this fool's errand, and that regardless of that possibility, some government scientists somewhere were just demanding that he do their bidding nonetheless. Blinking back tears, she faced Clark again. "You said this was part of an exploded planet - which planet?"

It was a non sequitur, a question to distract Clark and to allow her a few moments' breathing space. But his answer, when it came, drained her face of all colour and caused her to sink onto the nearest chair.

"It's Krypton, Lois."

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#151464 08/24/06 05:52 PM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Ah, this is Wendy's award-winning For the Greater Good . Now I get to come up with one? Be right back...

Edit: Okay, I'm back. Tried not to give this one away too easily <g>

As his headache had not yet subsided, he leaned back in the seat and closed his eyes. Eventually, he managed to relax, ignoring the sounds of the traffic all around them and focusing only on the hum of the road and the sound of Lois's breathing. He could almost imagine that he heard the beating of her heart, and in time, despite the growing pain in his head, he managed to doze.

His mind drifted. He imagined that he was holding Lois in his arms. Her hair was short and curly, and he was filled with a feeling of freedom he'd never felt before. The wind was blowing in his face, and she laughed as he held her.

It took him a moment to realize that he was flying.

He moaned as he woke, his head splitting with pain. He opened his eyes, and it took him a moment to realize that they were outside the city limits. They were surrounded by the flatness of the desert, with mountains in the distance. Lois was fiddling with the radio, and there were no other cars in sight.

She glanced at him. "Are you feeling ok?"

"I've had this headache since this morning, and it's just been getting worse and worse all day long."
Any guesses?

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard