Hi all,

Although a bit nervous I've decided to jump in. I have had a story up my sleeve since I saw SR and wanted desperately to anchor it within the Lois and Clark 'verse (as much as possible) while tying up the interesting loose strings that Singer left in the movie. I'm intending to work methodically, so to speak, and have a prologue in addition to being about halfway done with a plot outline. However since its an A plot with a B plot on its heels, I find that some help would really be to my advantage.

So now that you know about the project, this is what I'm looking for, _not_ in order of importance :

1.First, my beta should probably at least be intrigued by the movie. Otherwise I'm afraid you won't enjoy going on this ride with me, which I guess is obvious. I do intend on working with what the movie left on the plate both in terms of A and B plot.

2. I need a beta that can help me with the A plot. I know where I want to go, but doesn't the saying go "the devil's in the details"? Or is it God? I'm not sure at the moment (morning--I just woke up...not super coherent) but you get my point. I need someone who will help me write fast paced action scenes and give me a reality check when my physics/logic/common sense goes haywire ("you know a burning building wouldn't last more than 4 minutes"--that sort of thing).

3. I need a beta that will help me with continuity with L&C and with the incorporation of its elements into the fic. I'm not looking to haphazardly paste the fic into L&C continuity, but to stand in as a sort of transition in terms of characterization. We all know SR wasn't exactly Clark friendly. Let's try to gradually change that.

4. I need a beta who likes angst. Again given what I'm working with it will not be a trauma fest, but neither will it give instant gratification. For the moment, subtle is the word with regard to B plot, so the more partial my beta is to angst the better. Which brings me to...

5. My beta should be patient. One of my biggest concerns is making characterizations believable ( with respect to the A plot, since that will hopefully be moving the whole thing). The point where the movie left us is not exactly a satisfactory one (for me) and I can't tie everything up overnight in a plausible way.

6. My beta should be ok with nfic. No, that doesn't mean this will turn into one necessarily. There's a l-o-n-g way to go before that's even a possibility, but I'd like to have a beta that, should the opportunity present itself in the future, would be open to work with that sort of thing. Not necessary, but a plus.

7. Spelling, grammar. Not a distinct priority, but two sets of eyes are better than one.

Does this sound like fun? If it does, please send me a line (email's in the profile) and we can start talking.

Looking forward to hearing from you smile

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png