Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Voting for the 2006 Alt-Kerth Awards is now open! You can find all the details, including the nominees, the ballot, and the voting instructions at our official site . Just go to the voting page, follow the instructions, fill out the ballot, and click the submit button. You'll be redirected to the confirmation page instantly, and you'll receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.

If you have any problems with the ballot at all, be sure to email us at alt_kerths@hotmail.com and we'll do our best to help you out and make sure your vote gets counted.

We hope to see everyone at the ceremony on June 24th. Thanks in advance to everyone who participates, and good luck to all of the nominees!

The Alt-Kerth Committee
Anna, Rachel, Sara, and Saskia

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Man that was tough! To all the nominees - you were all so great, smile1

Sadly, I will be out of town on the 24th, and won't be able to attend the ceremony. So thank you in advance to whomever will be transcribing it - because I'll be anxious to read it! Last year's ceremony was hilarious! I laughed till my sides hurt. thumbsup

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Uh that was really hard to vote between all those nominees. Everyone chosen deserves it! Thanks to the team for making it so easy on the webpage! smile

I may or may not be at the ceremony...we'll have to see confused

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I just voted, but I noticed that the Nominees list (both on the official site and here on the boards ) didn't really have most of the links. It seemed odd, since they're all conveniently there on the eligibles list . Of course, Alt-Kcomm has a lot to keep them busy right now, whereas I have a good chunk of free time.

I figured it might encourage a few more people to vote if there was a linked list. So, here we go:

Best Commenter
(Links give you a list of the 50 most recent posts from each. The list is not complete, and not everything on the list is FDK. This obviously does not include FDK given privately, on other boards, etc. Posts made after April 30, 2006 are not eligible. Still... It's a start. Best I could do.

EDIT: You can also search for posts made in the Fanfic forum. Click the search link, leave the text field blank (or put in "FDK") and put in the member number in the last field. Member numbers for these boards are given next to the commenters' names.)

Catherine Bruce 1476
David 962
Maria Fernandez 99
Nicole Sullivan 1002
Sara Kraft 498
TOC 1269

Best Comments Folder Title
(Links are to the TOC of the story, so you can refresh your memory for how apt the title was and suchlike.)
I believe I can fly! I believe I can touch the.. *ahem* FDK: An Affair to Remember 4 by Sara Kraft
Yodel-ay-hee...Who?? (FDK: Because He Can Yodel) by Paul-Gabriel Wiener
If I Were You, I\'d read this story! or FDK - If I Were You 5 by Sara Kraft
WOW! I need a shower... or FDK: The Care and Training of Concubines pt 2/? by Ultra Woman (Note: NFic)
/me cries pathetically and begs Wendy for mercy... or FDK: 24 Hours part 14 by Julie Stars
Some Kind of Angel Making Me Cry into my Coffee - Feedback part 4 by Wendy Richards

Best Kerth Presentation Speech
(Links are to the ceremony transcripts. Do a text search for the phrase in parenthesis to go to the start of the speech.)
2005 Alt-Kerth Awards - Best Drabble by Paul Gabriel Wiener ( [00:54] <Tempus> )
2005 Alt-Kerth Awards - Best Song Fic by Sorcha ( [01:51] <Tempus> )
2005 Alt-Kerth Awards - Best Trailer by Wendy Richards ( [02:13] <HGWells> The )
2006 Kerth Awards - Best Comedy by Nicole Sullivan ( Best Comedy! )
2006 Kerth Awards - Best Drama by Kaethel and Sara Kraft ( Sara and Kaethel )

Best Kerth Acceptance Speech
2005 Alt-Kerth Awards - Best Presentation Speech by Yvonne Connell (as George) ( [00:24] <KSaraSara> Congrats )
2005 Alt-Kerth Awards - Best Trailer by Pelican ( [02:19] <Tempus> )
2006 Kerth Awards - Best Holiday Story by Nicole Sullivan ( ohhhhh!!! Seriously??? )
2006 Kerth Awards - Best Tearjerker by Wendy Richards ( TARDIS )

Best Icon
[Linked Image]1000 Fanfics by Anna Belcher
[Linked Image]Angst for Breakfast by Anna Belcher
[Linked Image]Killer Outfit by Anna Belcher
[Linked Image]Rain by Anna Belcher
[Linked Image]Tantrum by JenniJac
[Linked Image]Tattoo Icon by Sara Kraft

Best Banner
Away from the Sun by Anna Belcher
Belated FDK by Mary Potts
Breath Away by Anna Belcher
Dean Cain and Son by Laurach
Moments by Anna Belcher
Ordinary Lovers by Julie Stars

Best Wallpaper
Alone by Catherine Bruce
Daily Planet by Cherry
Dancing by Anna Belcher
Friends by Anna Belcher
Not Alone by Catherine Bruce
Reflection by Raven

Best Music/Story Match
The Alphabet Series by Pam Jernigan
Away From the Sun by Sara Kraft
Caped Fear by Aria
Good Samaritan by Aria
Purity by Aria
Twist of Fates by Sara Kraft and Psychofurball

Best Image/Story Match
An Affair to Remember by Sara Kraft
Away from the Sun by Sara Kraft
Caped Fear by Aria
In A Better Place by Sara Kraft
In A Dark Time by Sara Kraft

Best Overall Trailer
Caped Fear by Aria
Good Samaritan by Aria
In A Better Place by Sara Kraft
Purity by Aria
Tryst by Aria

Best Comedic Video
The Lonely Goatherd by C_A
Mahna Mahna by Psychofurball
Men in Tights by C_A
Paranoia by David
Save A Horse by Anna Belcher
Wild Wild West by mmmsquirrel

Best Dramatic Video
Always by Psychofurball and Andie Anderson
If I Don\'t Tell You Now by Damara
I\'ll Be Okay by Anna Belcher
My Imagination by Sara Kraft
Paint it Black by Psychofurball
She\'s by Psychofurball

Best New Vidder
(I was going to link to the boards TOCs for each, but they don't seem to have the full listings. Nor did FoLC Video. So for this one, you'll have to use the eligibles list . Aria and JenniJac have made trailers as well as music videos.)

Aria
C_A
Catherine Bruce
David
JenniJac
Louise Lane

Best Overall Video
Always by Psychofurball and Andie Anderson
My Imagination by Sara Kraft
Paint it Black by Psychofurball
Save A Horse by Anna Belcher
She\'s by Psychofurball

Have fun voting, FoLCs, and good luck to all the nominees!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Paul! clap

I started to vote last night, but wanted to check out the nominees again in several categories, but what can I say ... I was too lazy to back check on each nominee and so gave up.

So mega thanks for making it easier.

c.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Paul, you're a star! Thank you!! sloppy

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Paul, you ROCK, YOU ROCK, YOU ROCK!!! This is just perfect for the lazy likes of ME!

jump

Nicole smile

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Dang! Should have come into this thread before I voted. That's really helpful, Paul. Sorry I missed it. laugh Voting could have taken half the time.

Anyway, /me staggers into the thread and goes thud Boy, that was so hard. It just about killed me having to choose. Every one of you nominated is a star!

But...done! Phew!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Paul, thank you for this great list! I've been wanting to vote but was a little confused about how to find things. I've spent the last hour working my way through, however, and now voting may be even harder!

Seriously, I am *blown away* by the talent that went into these banners, videos, trailers, etc. As far as I'm concerned, everyone nominated is absolutely brilliant and deserves an award. I could as easily fly the space shuttle as do the magic you guys do with these clips.

And speaking of the clips, they're a great way for those of us who've only seen the show on DVD to catch a sneak preview of seasons three and four. Thanks so much to everyone for all your hard work!

Best,

Caroline

Top Banana
Top Banana
Last day! Just about 19 hours left to cast your vote. So if you were thinking about voting, now is your last chance.

Thanks to those who have already voted. And a huge thank you to Paul for putting all the links together! You're a star! (We've been meaning to do so, but I guess something went wrong in our communication...)

The Alt-Kerth Committee
~Anna, Rachel, Sara and Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Paul, *huge* thanks and appreciation for making that list! I've been so busy lately I just hadn't made time for voting, and coming down to the wire I was so grateful to be able to go to your post and find everything so easily. laugh

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I feel like one of those announcers on the train station. *ding dong* The train to the Alt-Kerths is delayed by seven hours. <g>

So ehm... seven hours left, guys! We'd still love to see the votes come rolling in...

AK Comm

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard