Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hi, all.

I need a list of names - people who worked at the Daily Planet during the show, whether we saw them or just heard their names mentioned.

Let's see who I already have:
Lois
Clark
Perry
Jimmy
Cat
Ralph
Eduardo
Myerson
Berns
Pete (from Sports)

Are there others?

Thanks, all.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Well, there was Willie the security guard in "Fly Hard" and Andy (the old guy who was hard of hearing) in "Operation Blackout". I can't remember if he was an employee or a former employee, though. Neither of these worked in the newsroom, however, so they may not suit your purposes.

ETA: Also Arianna Carlin.

Good luck with the search smile

Caroline

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Karl, in Travel (whom Lois accused in LL of eating the cinnamon donut she and Clark had just shared)

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What about Jimmy's love interests? At least a couple of them worked at the Planet, right? Angie, I think? There was that girl he thought was stalking him late in the series, too. And was the one in Soul Mates ever named, or did she just walk by? He probably mentioned some other names of girls in various depts in passing.

Oh, and if we're including people who only worked there briefly (Willie, the security guard, was a new hire, and I don't think he stayed very long...), what about "Sara" from New Kry -- I mean, Jersey. New Jersey. Does she count?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The old guy (hard of hearing) mentioned earlier from Operation Blackout who helped get an edition of the Daily Planet out when the electric was down, is Andy Tucker.

Also in 2 episodes: The Source & The Prankster - There was a blonde headed (short curly hair) reporter in both of these episodes. In the source after Lois turns in her press pass to the security guard, she and Clark walk outside and the blonde reporter hails a cab and grabs Clark to go on a story with her. Then in The Prankster, the blonde brings the yellow roses to Lois at the end of the episode, which Lois throws away and pours coffee on...only then finding out that Clark got them for her.

Anyway, to make a long story short, blush that blonde reporter's name was Kathy. Lois asks Kathy if she knows who the roses are from. Kathy says no, the only thing men give her is directions to their house. Hope that helps! smile1

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
There was the young guy who was accused by Luthor at the end of S1 of blowing up the Planet. Jack.

There was also the young man who was led astray in the reborn-Nazis episode. Skip, I think?

Leslie Luckabee, the fake new owner.

Rihellia (or however you spell her name), the woman Perry lusted over in the Christmas Space Rats ep.

Luthor also brought in a kid to run the Planet in place of Perry - but I don't remember his name either <g>. Chip Peterson - I just checked the scripts.
Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Yeah! Yvonne I know the 2 you are talking about. How could I have forgotten them.

The kid, Clark helps out and who Luthor blames the bombing on, is Jack.

The young whipper-snapper that Luthor hires to work with Perry (who makes Perry so mad that he quits) is Chip (or Cow-chip as Perry referred to him as, tee hee).

Rehalia! Oh that was so funny! I forgot about her!

-- DJ smile1

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Correction: Perry didn't lust in the Space Rats ep, of course - it was the Pheromone ep. smile

Yvonne

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There was the young guy who was accused by Luthor at the end of S1 of blowing up the Planet. I can't remember his name but someone else will.
Jack.

The yuppie replacement for Perry was called Chip Peterson and another DP employee in that episode was Steven Sanchez.

The Nazi guy was called Skip Wallace.

ETA - you guys got in with most of that while I was typing. LOL.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I just thought of one more. Applegate: the guy Cat didn't want to work with in All Shook Up.

You guys are great. I've already worked a lot of your suggestions into my story (in places where I previously said: add Daily Planet employees laugh ). Still, I could always use more.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Someone asked this question a time back - it could have been CC? I had a quick scout around but couldn't find it, but it might be worth a look if anyone can track it down. It's probably got the same batch of names in there, but you never know, there might be one or two that haven't been thought of.

Course, if anyone was feeling really keen, they could always go through the start of each script and check out the cast list for each episode. laugh

ETA: Found the previous thread . Skimming it, there's not much new in there, but there seem to be a couple of names we haven't picked up on yet.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Anyway, to make a long story short, that blonde reporter's name was Kathy. Lois asks Kathy if she knows who the roses are from. Kathy says no, the only thing men give her is directions to their house. Hope that helps!
Wow - a namesake! But unfortunately, no. She seems to be identified as Kathy in the script (which I hadn't noticed), but in the actual show, it was Diane.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I didn't think that sounded right. I remembered her character and didn't have my DVD's handy to watch the scene, so I looked up the script.

Whoops!

Thanks for the correction! blush

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh, oh. Here I go... Replacing 'Kathy' with 'Diane.' laugh

ML wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hee hee. Sorry about that ML! blush laugh

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
No problem, Rhodes. That's why they made 'Find and Replace' laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
And there's a Cindy who researches. I can't remeber what episode she was in, but Lois called after her in the office when she wanted something researched. Heh.

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Nameless characters (as far as I know)

There were two sketch artists (editorial cartoonists). One did the sketch of Superman in Never ending Battle and the other drew the sketch of Scardino in Resurrection.

I also remember one heavier man who has a line here or there informing Clark, Lois or Perry of something or other. Can't remember his name though.

That's all for now.

C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
In Individual Responsibility there was Wally (according to the script his last name's Sciarra). He was the reporter with the story about the Mayor being involved in some sexual harassment scandal. Jimmy called Zina for advice on whether to run the story.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think I know who the heavy set guy was that Gerry mentioned. I just watched "Target: Jimmy Olsen" and that heavy set guy was in this episode at the beginning...when Clouse is following Jimmy at the beginning to nab him...the heavy set guy stands up and begins talking to Jimmy. When they get back to the planet, the guy says, "I'll have the prints for you right after lunch Jimmy" and Jimmy says "Thanks Hank". - You won't find this scene in the scripts -it's not there, but it is in the episode.

So there's another one for you - Hank! The problem is that I don't really know what his job was. I think he was also in "Madam X". He was the guy arguing with a woman about Lex Luthor. He says "If you ask me Superman isn't the hero he used to be. Lex Luthor may have had his faults but Superman should have saved him." The woman he's talking to says "Are you nuts? Luthor was a low life, scum-sucking criminal. How could anyone like that guy?...Oh, sorry Lois." Tee hee. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard