Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
rivka Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Originally posted by Kaylle:
In addition to the vanity press, the two of them run a poetry publishing company and have apparently been publishing books for some time, at least one of which has been very successful (at least in terms of critical reviews, notoriety). And they managed to convince Amazon, B&N, et al to carry their books. They must know something about what they're doing.
The poetry publisher is simply a division of the vanity press. You know the kind -- the ones that used to run those "contests" with a $25 (or more) application fee? And Amazon and the others are more than happy to carry POD books. For the cost of a tiny sliver of their webspace, they get a percentage of all sales, and just pass along the order to the publisher.

Either that, or all their college education and publishing experience really has left them clueless, which makes it that much sadder.
That's my bet. And yeah, it is sad.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I've got to take off for bed. But I wanted to state this for the record:

If she was going to make a statement about copyright and the right to publish fanfic professionally, then she should have written her OWN fanfic instead of plagerism.

My own two cents.

Hopefully this doesn't get the fanfic boards on TF.net shut down as a result.

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard