Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Does anyone know off hand how many years difference there is between Lois and Lucy. I can't remember if I've ever read anything that says how old Lucy is.

I'm sure if I dug enough I could find it, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knew.

Thanks!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm really not the right person to ask, because I'm incredibly bad at the TV show canon anyway.

But my impression from reading fics has always been that there aren't that many years between them. After all, their parents' marriage turned rocky pretty soon. Does it sound all that likely that Sam and Ella would have Lois, start fighting, make up after ten years and have Lucy? (And then start fighting, but not break up, all over again?)

I'd say I'd expect them to be about two years apart, as that seems to be the most common interval for parents having children. But if it fits your story, I don't see why you can't make Lucy three, four or possibly five years younger than Lois. Not more than that, however, I think.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, according to the scripts Lucy is five years younger than Lois. At least according to The Pilot:

Lois pops a frozen dinner into the microwave, thenturns to see her sister, in a robe, towel drying her hair, enter from the bedroom. LUCY LANE is five years younger than Lois, a living Barbie whose major goal is to find a living Ken.

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey Cherry thanks! That's perfect! I wanted to have Lois feel like she and Lucy might have been *closer* growing up if they had been closer age wise. 5 years works perfect.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
a living Barbie whose major goal is to find a living Ken.
Good grief. That's a tad harsh. goofy This must have been an early draft of the script, because I didn't really get that impression of Lucy from the pilot.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You're welcome, L&Cforever. wink

And Labby, I agree with you. *laughs* I just copied of the scripts posted here at the boards. I actually snorted when I read that part. :p

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard