Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I asked this on the FoLC production board in the "DVD Picture Preview Post," but I haven't gotten an answer just yet so I thought I'd try my luck asking it here too. I really haven't found an answer to my question anywhere, so forgive me if I am just missing it - I haven't been on the boards much lately. blush

I just have a question, and I couldn't find where to ask it because I haven't been keeping up as well as I should. So please forgive me for asking it here.

Is there a deadline for the fundraiser? In other words, is there a certain cut-off date that I would have to donate by in order to receive a DVD?

I *really* want to make a donation, but I have been on medical leave from work for the past 2 months. So as you can imagine rent and other bills are going to need to come first - and right now I'm really struggling to figure out how to pay those. So - I just want to know if it will be possible for me to make a donation in the near future, once I get my bills and everything straightened out?

If this should be kept off the boards please feel free to delete it, but in the meantime I would really appreciate if someone could e-mail me and let me know the answer to my question. (my e-mail is in my sig)

Again, sorry for asking this here but I can't find the original post - heck I don't even know what folder to look in LOL. Thanks in advance for any answers I can get. laugh

EDITED TO SAY- I did find a post in the Fanfic Related folder, and one in the Polls folder - but neither post really answered my question. SO, I'll continue to beg for an answer here. notworthy

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Columnist
Columnist
I actually wondered this as well. I've been saving all semester to buy a digital camera for my trip to Germany in June. All my money will be going to that, but as soon as I buy it I would like to get the fundraiser DVD. So there isn't a cut off date anywhere in the next month or so is there?

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sorry you haven't had an answer, guys. The answer is that we haven't really discussed that, but I doubt very much that we'd turn away a donation at any time! It may be harder to get DVDs out overseas after the bulk mailings go, because it just gets expensive (unless overseas FoLCs are prepared to pay extra for postage).

So I'd guess that you could send Annette money a little later and ask if she can make you a DVD.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks Wendy for the super fast answer!! notworthy

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm a bit confused- does everyone who donates the 15$ or so get the stuff? last year it was a lottery, but the "mass mailings" seem to indicate it's not this time, but I'd like to be sure.

Oh, and I've heard USA and Europe DVD's aren't always interchangable- but I have no idea which ones or if it's really true- can anyone enlighten me on this point too?

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes, as we said, everyone who donates a minimum of $15 will get a DVD. The DVDs are being burned in the US, but they're playable on computer only, not a stand-alone DVD player - it's standard computer-read DVD technology, so region is irrelevant.

And DVDs are now being mailed out, for those in the US! For those in Canada, I will be making a trip to the US next month and will pick up the DVDs for those who've donated up here, so they'll be mailed out after the Victoria Day weekend.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
And DVDs are now being mailed out, for those in the US!
------------------------------------------------

YES!! I can't wait!!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just a note to add that for those who sent their contributions to a local collector other than Wendy, such as yours truly, Annette will be sending a batch to each of us once we have final-ish numbers. We'll then post them onwards to contributors.

Yvonne smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I got my DVD today! grumble

Any suggestions? And am I missing out on anything by it not being able to autoplay?

Thanks! So far it's awesome! thumbsup

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I got mine yesterday (woo-hoo dance ) and had the same problem. No matter what I do, it won't autoplay.

There is a simple way around the problem, though:

1. Go to "My Computer"

2. Right-click on the drive the DVD is in

3. Choose "explore"

4. Open "index.html"

I checked the autoplay script, and all it's supposed to do is open up index.html (I'm not sure why it doesn't). So, no, you're not missing anything by doing it manually.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by MetroRhodes:
I got my DVD today! grumble

Any suggestions? And am I missing out on anything by it not being able to autoplay?

Thanks! So far it's awesome! thumbsup
There shouldn't be an autoplay since it's not a program or a set-top movie. Rather think of it as a collection of data files, including movie files. It's not playable on a DVD player, so there's no menu or animated graphics.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
True, Roger, but there is an Autorun.inf file (which, like I said, is supposed to automatically open index.html for you). With that there, Windows thinks the disk can be autoplayed, and so Autoplay becomes the default option. Which, in turn, means that if you just double-click on the drive to open it, nothing will happen.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Hatman! Yes, that is what had me confused. I saw the Auto.inf file and when I tried double clicking the drive it wouldn't do anything, and autorun was an option in the drop down list.

Okay, so I'm not missing anything then. Good, that's all I wanted. Thanks!

***LOVED your super short story vid, by the way, I laughed myself silly at it. Great stuff! clap

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad I could help. smile Like i said, I had the same problem. Looks like the HTML launching program may not work properly on all systems or something. (It doesn't seem to do anything when I try to run it manually.)

And thanks! blush I'm glad you enjoyed the vid! I had fun with it. (And, you know, it's a DVD exclusive. Never to be posted anywhere else, so you're part of a select group...)

Paul

P.S. For those of you reading my story, Steel Shadows, there was a minor miscommunication -- i.e. I stupidly forgot to mention something when the DVD was being put together -- and the wrong page ended up as the "beginning" of the story. Readers were meant to start with the TOC page, not the Author's Note. It's not a big deal, but there are some things explained on the TOC page that could be helpful, and just having the TOC has its uses. So...

If you are reading Steel Shadows, and want to see the TOC, click on the banner at the top of the page.

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
I got my DVD last night. I initially found the FOLC fandom through the fanfic archive, so I've never gotten into the story trailers and music videos. But, oh, I feel a new obsession coming on... smile It's probably a good thing--I'm running out of stories to read on the archive anyway. smile

Thanks so much to everyone who worked on the DVD!!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Got my DVD.....
being on a mac, I never expected an autoplay. I just looked for a file that looked central, like an index file. Found one, and it took me to the main menu in an internet browser-style page. Any mac people out there should have similar ease in getting it to launch.

My computer died yesterday and I'm on a borrowed one, away from my DVD, so I can't reference specific stories of videos by name. But there was a video with the "condensed" and fast history of LnC... TOO Funny. I howled.

The stories I've read so far have been awesome. I want my laptop back so I can crawl into bed and snuggle with my monitor and read. Hard to do with a desktop. Pout.

To all of you who worked on the DVD: thanks. To all of you debating on whether or not to send money: send money. Now.

Jackie

Jackie N.
jacalynsue@zoominternet.net
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Glad you're enjoying, Jackie!! laugh

I can't reference specific stories of videos by name. But there was a video with the "condensed" and fast history of LnC... TOO Funny. I howled.
This one was Paul's (HatMan) Super Speedy Adventures of Superman. I agree it was hilarious! Though amongst all the funny, I got a bit sappy-sentimental in the end when the "... and they still (live happily ever after) to this day" came up and showed all the sites being benefited. blush Because, seriously, they do live on through us! smile1

Fanfic Feedback
Trailer, Video, and Poster Feedback

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Any idea when the second round of DVDs will be shipped?

I was a bit late in sending in my contribution and I missed the first shipment, but I can't wait to get the DVD I have been reading so much about.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Annette sent out the second batch yesterday. Saw your eddress on the recipients' list, so it should be with you soon.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yippie!

Thanks LabRat!

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard