Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, guys, the ceremony finally happened tonight. Many thanks to all the people who took part in one way or another: people who nominated, who voted, who volunteered to present an award, who compiled quizzes, who helped behind the scenes in one way or another... and most of all, many thanks to the writers, without whom none of this would be possible. smile

And so here’s the list of winners for the 2006 Kerth Awards.

Best Super Short Story: It’s a tie!! Because He Can Yodel, by Chris Carr and Giving Up And Giving In, by Nicole Sullivan.

Best Short Story: My Interview With Superman / My Date With Lyn / My Television Debut, by Pam Jernigan

Best Waffy Story: When You Say You Love Me, by Wendy Richards

Best Comedy: Kitchen Crusade, by Nan Smith

Best Special Occasion Story: Lucy Lane Is Coming To Town, by Nicole Sullivan

Best Mid-Length Story: An Affair to Remember, by David

Best Revelation Story: In A Better Place, by CC Aiken

Best Episode Adaptation: Curiosity Killed the Reporter, by ML Thompson

Best Tearjerker: 24 Hours, by Wendy Richards

Best Drama: 24 Hours, by Wendy Richards

Best Relationship Story: The Long Road Home, by Erin Klingler

Best Alternate Universe / Elseworlds Story: Long Strange Trip, by L

Best Original / Supporting Character: Good Samaritan, by Aria

Best New Author: David

Best Overall Story: 24 Hours, by Wendy Richards

Congratulations again to all the winners! party

Kaethel smile
Kerth Coordinator

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's been a wonderful year for Lois & Clark fic. Congratulations to all the winners, as well as all the other nominees, whose work also completely bowled me over. Thanks for the hours upon hours of reading pleasure you all have brought me. smile Looking forward to more excellent stories in the coming year. smile1

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Congratulations to all the winners and the nominees! smile1 The ceremony was fun.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you to everyone who was involved in this event. I didn't get to participate much - had some unexpected company drop by. But it was lots of fun. I'm new here and a new reader - the stories are wonderful and you've all be so nice to me as a newbie! Thanks for the help navigating IRC too!

A big congrats to all the winners! thumbsup

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations! wave

Simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations to all the nominees and all the winners! Sorry I had to leave the very interesting ceremony, but I kept getting netsplits. The link thru the hotel switchboard wasn't as stable as mine at home. I'll read the ceremony log when it is posted.
Warmest wishes to all
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congratulations to all the winners!!!!! smile1 smile1 smile1

Sorry I missed most of the ceremony - looked like it was loads of fun!

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So many great stories! Congratulations to all the winners. The nominees were splendid, too!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I would like to thank all the persons who wrote some fics this year, even if I don't have the time to read them all, it's always a pleasure to read some after a hard university day...

Hello...DUH!!!!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww congratulations, everyone! It was tough nominating and voting because there's too many great stories out there! In my slightly intoxicated state, I would love to nominate everyone for being awesome. <g> This year's going to be just as great!

JD
dance

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Congratulations. Wow great stories.

Hope 2006 will have new great stories.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations to all the winners and the nominees! In my eyes, you are all winners since it was so incredibly hard to choose!

And thank you to Kcomm for their hard work and the fabulous ceremony! I had a lot of fun even though I was half asleep. laugh

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who made this possible! Special kudos to the new K-Comm, who did so well! party

It was all lots of fun, and I'm looking forward to the next ceremony! (Which will hopefully be arranged in a more convenient time than 2 a.m. Greece time laugh )

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile party

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Kerth
Kerth
Look like a good batch of stories - congratulations to everyone concerned.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just dropping by to say a quick thank you to all those people who voted for Because He Can Yodel. Also, a very warm congratulation to all the (other) winners!

Chris

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
... thud ...

To say this was unexpected would be an understatment. Wow. All I can say is... You all must be crazy! (And I love you for it. <g>)

Thank you to everyone who nomminated and voted and read... and stopped taking their pills. wink Thanks to the K-comm for their *amazing* job (and happy birthday, toffe bar!). And, since I wasn't able to do so at the ceremony, I'd like to take a not-so-private moment to thank my BRs. With the BR team I had on AATR... I mean, Wendy, Yvonne, Sara, Sorcha, Sas! I didn't so much 'write' the story as just pick their brains and compile the results! So... thank you! Really, truly. The story would *never* have been written without you all. I'll have to engrave your names in next to mine... you can fight over the tiara. wink

I also want to congratulate to everyone who won an award. smile

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks to everyone involved in another fun evening! thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Congratulations to all the Kerth winners. smile

Sorry, I couldn't be there, but kitchen renovations are very tiring. I was exhausted by midnight.

Jenni

Merriwether
Merriwether
Congratulations again to all of the winners! And just because you won doesn't mean you can stop writing. wink

Last night was great fun. Great job, K-Comm!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, it was a wonderful evening, even if I missed quite a lot of it due to running around taking care of sick kids :p

Thank you so much to everyone who voted for my short stories! I was so surprised I forgot to say a few things, like -- thanks to Wendy & the IRC gang for instant reactions, CC, Meerkat & Chris Carr for beta-reading, and Erin for GE-ing. Thanks to everyone who agitated for a sequel to the first one -- especially Krafty laugh You're a wonderful group to write for and with smile

Congrats to all the other winners and nominees! You guys all did terrific work this year smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard