Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, guys, the ceremony finally happened tonight. Many thanks to all the people who took part in one way or another: people who nominated, who voted, who volunteered to present an award, who compiled quizzes, who helped behind the scenes in one way or another... and most of all, many thanks to the writers, without whom none of this would be possible. smile

And so here’s the list of winners for the 2006 Kerth Awards.

Best Super Short Story: It’s a tie!! Because He Can Yodel, by Chris Carr and Giving Up And Giving In, by Nicole Sullivan.

Best Short Story: My Interview With Superman / My Date With Lyn / My Television Debut, by Pam Jernigan

Best Waffy Story: When You Say You Love Me, by Wendy Richards

Best Comedy: Kitchen Crusade, by Nan Smith

Best Special Occasion Story: Lucy Lane Is Coming To Town, by Nicole Sullivan

Best Mid-Length Story: An Affair to Remember, by David

Best Revelation Story: In A Better Place, by CC Aiken

Best Episode Adaptation: Curiosity Killed the Reporter, by ML Thompson

Best Tearjerker: 24 Hours, by Wendy Richards

Best Drama: 24 Hours, by Wendy Richards

Best Relationship Story: The Long Road Home, by Erin Klingler

Best Alternate Universe / Elseworlds Story: Long Strange Trip, by L

Best Original / Supporting Character: Good Samaritan, by Aria

Best New Author: David

Best Overall Story: 24 Hours, by Wendy Richards

Congratulations again to all the winners! party

Kaethel smile
Kerth Coordinator

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's been a wonderful year for Lois & Clark fic. Congratulations to all the winners, as well as all the other nominees, whose work also completely bowled me over. Thanks for the hours upon hours of reading pleasure you all have brought me. smile Looking forward to more excellent stories in the coming year. smile1

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Congratulations to all the winners and the nominees! smile1 The ceremony was fun.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you to everyone who was involved in this event. I didn't get to participate much - had some unexpected company drop by. But it was lots of fun. I'm new here and a new reader - the stories are wonderful and you've all be so nice to me as a newbie! Thanks for the help navigating IRC too!

A big congrats to all the winners! thumbsup

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations! wave

Simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congratulations to all the nominees and all the winners! Sorry I had to leave the very interesting ceremony, but I kept getting netsplits. The link thru the hotel switchboard wasn't as stable as mine at home. I'll read the ceremony log when it is posted.
Warmest wishes to all
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congratulations to all the winners!!!!! smile1 smile1 smile1

Sorry I missed most of the ceremony - looked like it was loads of fun!

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So many great stories! Congratulations to all the winners. The nominees were splendid, too!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I would like to thank all the persons who wrote some fics this year, even if I don't have the time to read them all, it's always a pleasure to read some after a hard university day...

Hello...DUH!!!!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww congratulations, everyone! It was tough nominating and voting because there's too many great stories out there! In my slightly intoxicated state, I would love to nominate everyone for being awesome. <g> This year's going to be just as great!

JD
dance

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Congratulations. Wow great stories.

Hope 2006 will have new great stories.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations to all the winners and the nominees! In my eyes, you are all winners since it was so incredibly hard to choose!

And thank you to Kcomm for their hard work and the fabulous ceremony! I had a lot of fun even though I was half asleep. laugh

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to everyone who made this possible! Special kudos to the new K-Comm, who did so well! party

It was all lots of fun, and I'm looking forward to the next ceremony! (Which will hopefully be arranged in a more convenient time than 2 a.m. Greece time laugh )

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile party

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Kerth
Kerth
Look like a good batch of stories - congratulations to everyone concerned.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just dropping by to say a quick thank you to all those people who voted for Because He Can Yodel. Also, a very warm congratulation to all the (other) winners!

Chris

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
... thud ...

To say this was unexpected would be an understatment. Wow. All I can say is... You all must be crazy! (And I love you for it. <g>)

Thank you to everyone who nomminated and voted and read... and stopped taking their pills. wink Thanks to the K-comm for their *amazing* job (and happy birthday, toffe bar!). And, since I wasn't able to do so at the ceremony, I'd like to take a not-so-private moment to thank my BRs. With the BR team I had on AATR... I mean, Wendy, Yvonne, Sara, Sorcha, Sas! I didn't so much 'write' the story as just pick their brains and compile the results! So... thank you! Really, truly. The story would *never* have been written without you all. I'll have to engrave your names in next to mine... you can fight over the tiara. wink

I also want to congratulate to everyone who won an award. smile

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks to everyone involved in another fun evening! thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
Congratulations to all the Kerth winners. smile

Sorry, I couldn't be there, but kitchen renovations are very tiring. I was exhausted by midnight.

Jenni

Merriwether
Merriwether
Congratulations again to all of the winners! And just because you won doesn't mean you can stop writing. wink

Last night was great fun. Great job, K-Comm!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, it was a wonderful evening, even if I missed quite a lot of it due to running around taking care of sick kids :p

Thank you so much to everyone who voted for my short stories! I was so surprised I forgot to say a few things, like -- thanks to Wendy & the IRC gang for instant reactions, CC, Meerkat & Chris Carr for beta-reading, and Erin for GE-ing. Thanks to everyone who agitated for a sequel to the first one -- especially Krafty laugh You're a wonderful group to write for and with smile

Congrats to all the other winners and nominees! You guys all did terrific work this year smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think I'm coherent enough to post on this thread now...

As anyone who was there last night will know, I was utterly gobsmacked at the result of the final award. I mean, I was already astounded, shocked and delighted by the earlier honours FoLCs had bestowed on my stories, but the Best Overall award was so completely unexpected I almost fell off my chair. As many people know, I had been completely convinced that one was going to a certain story many, many people were raving over about a year ago. goofy I even had 'Congratulations, CC!' already typed on my input line, ready to hit enter!

Thank you sounds so inadequate, but I mean it so sincerely. For When You Say You Love Me, everyone who posted comments, Sara for BRing at very short notice, Kaethel for having a birthday a year ago and prompting me to write it, wink and everyone who nominated and voted for it.

For 24 Hours, all the wonderful, kind FoLC who were so faithful with comments, yelling, threats and so on while I was posting it; Yvonne, Kaethel and Dave, who all BRed parts of it - it was a bleedin' monster, no surprise no-one had time to BR the lot! - Sara and Pam and a few other IRC FoLCs who so kindly gave me instant reactions to scenes when I needed it, especially on the final ones; everyone who nominated and/or voted for the story. And everyone who propped me up last night at the ceremony! goofy

I may be taking a break from Lois and Clark fanfic-writing at the moment, but you've made me feel so happy and proud to be a part of this fandom. Thank you all very much again.

Congratulations, too, to all of the other winners. Many of my favourites got awards last night and I was delighted to see it. But every story nominated was a winner, IMO - it's just a shame that there's only one award per category. clap

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Kerth
Kerth
Congrats to the winners!!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL, Wendy, on the Charlie Brown cartoon. that's cute. And congratulations to you and all the other winners. thumbsup Hadn't expected otherwise!

Ursie wave

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Merriwether
Merriwether
clap Congrats to all!! clap

Sorry I didn't read all the stories, vote or attend the ceremony, but I'm off to catch up.

You guys all put in such an effort and I'm awed at the dedication of those involved. Thumbs up and hope y'all bask in the sunshine that would come with being nominated, win and being involved with. I'm sure I'd get a warm fuzzy feeling with stuff this fab.

Cheers,
ROO

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Warmest congratulations to all the winners. smile I also wanted to thank everyone who was able to attend the ceremony, because without an audience, we would have felt a bit silly making all those speeches. laugh

Yvonne

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it.

Thanks to those of you who spurred me on during slow muse times, for the incredible comments all the way through, and for pushing me to get it into the archives.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees. You all rock! I wish I could have attended the ceremony but it was a bit too early overhere and my son was still up. Sounds like you all had a great time. Thanks for all your hard work K-Comm.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
What a lovely surprise to come back to smile This means a lot to me that y'all appreciated my story enough to vote for it. Thanks so much everyone, and congratulations to all the other winners!

party

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Congratulations to all the winners, and the nominees alike. I've always felt that anyone who has the guts to put their stories out into the ether to be 'critiqued' by anyone who might wish to deserves a lot of credit and is a winner already.

Tank (who thought it was nice of the folcs to give recognition to that Dr. Who fanfic writer for her efforts in this fandom)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I wanted to pop in and add my congrats to all the winners and nominees, too! You are all amazing writers - thank you for all the time and hard work you put into your stories. smile

Thanks to the Kerth committee for all their efforts as well. You ladies rock clap The ceremony was a ton of fun - I was excited to be there and loved catching up with everyone!

Tracey smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi!! CONGRATS again to all the winners smile smile And also thank you everyone who voted for my stories - I was so so excited to be nominated at all and really assumed that that would be it, so thank you for a wonderful, unexpected surprise blush

And a shout out to the Kerth Committee - you did an amazing job!

~Nicole smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congratulations, everyone. smile

I'm curious how do people think when they vote?
I ended up with three blocks of multiples in mine Nicole, Wendy and David. Then it become kind of strange because in one category there can be several stories I can't choose between. But they can be nominated in other categories giving you the option too vote for all your favourite stories, but that makes perhaps best tearjerker not the best, best tearjerker.

Wendy,
I was utterly gobsmacked at the result of the final award. I mean, I was already astounded, shocked and delighted by the earlier honours FoLCs had bestowed on my stories, but the Best Overall award was so completely unexpected I almost fell off my chair.
Sorry, I just had to ask where do this extreme modesty/lack of selfconfidence come from?

Considering your enormous production, coupled with your huge list of honors this reaction seems rather strange to me.
You stand out. Which generally gives an edge in a voting process. A professional betting firm would most likely give your win the lowest odds.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm curious how do people think when they vote?
Generally, I'm thinking 'Is this pin going to stand up to being jabbed into my screen one more time...?' goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Arawn, I think Wendy's thinking "you're only as good as your next story" <g> Sure, she's gotten awards in the past, but what has she done lately? Authors can be incredibly critical of their own stories, seeing only what they think are flaws.

When I vote, I try to hit the one story in the category that best fits the category... but if I'm having a really hard time deciding between A and B, I might say, well, I'm voting for A in this *other* category, and B is every bit as good, so I'll vote for B here. That's oversimplified, but I do keep kind of an overhead view, just so I don't neglect any of my favorites.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Congratulations to all the winners and the nominees!!! I took the time to read each and every story over again just so I could get this voting thing right! Although I've been a member for quite some time, this was my first year voting for the Kerth Awards. Can't wait to do it next year!!! The bar was set pretty high, so I hope- wait strike that- I *know* the stories coming out this year will be just as good, if even better.

Again, congratulations to all!!! party
Keep 'um comin'!!!!!

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees of the Kerths! The stories just seem to gewt better every year. I had an unbelievably tough time voting; I think I should have gone with LabRat's pin idea! laugh
The only disappointment I have is that Some Kind Of Angel didn't win anything. That is like my all-time favourite fic on this archive. But if Mandisa could get booted off this season's American Idol before Kellie Pickler, anything is possible, I guess. Can't have everything in life...
But I am in awe of everyone who contibuted to and was involved with this competition. It's such a labour of love! So congratulations again, and keep up the good work!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations to the winners!! Hats off to the nominees!! Three cheers for KCom!!

And THANK YOU so much for honoring my story. It means the absolute world to me.

sloppy

CC- who's a bit tardy... again, some more blush

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Also checking in late, I'm thrilled that people voted for "Kitchen Crusade". I don't normally write comedy -- something has to hit me just right before I can get into it, but somehow this one did. Considering the competition, it truly stunned me when I saw my name come up as the winner. Thank you to everyone who voted for "Kitchen Crusade".

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm another one who's chiming in late. I have been doing a lot of last minute things getting ready for my vacation and I remembered I hadn't yet thanked everyone who voted for Curiosity Killed The Reporter. I was tickled pink to see it on the list of winners. Thanks so much.

Congrats to all the other winners and nominees. And thanks to the Kerth committee for all their hard work.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard