Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#149694 02/13/06 07:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto to everyone else! Personally, I've been having some major computer problems the past couple of months, but once everything calms down, I'll make a beeline for your stories.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#149695 02/13/06 09:39 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

Because of RL, I may not always comment on all story parts. But I'm definitely reading! smile1
I thoroughly enjoy all your work.

Please keep writing for this fandom. help I would definitely miss your stories.

Tricia cool

#149696 02/14/06 05:34 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
About a year and a half ago, both of my parents started having medical problems. His were obviously dementia related but she was having unexplained blackouts that at first we thought were heart related but later realized might be neurological in nature. My only sibling, a sister, and I started monitoring their situation, thinking maybe that all they needed was a little extra help around the house. What we were hoping at that time was they could possibly move into a retirement community in our city with exactly those type services.

Things deteriorated rapidly, however, and we found that they couldn't continue to live like they were, probably wouldn't cope in an assisted living setting but neither was ready for a nursing home, either. So, we had to make one of the most difficult decisions in our lives and split them up, placing him with me because I live close by and he was more familiar with our house. She went to live with my sister in the next state.

I say all that to say this, Nan, if I hadn't had both my love of reading, book collecting, and writing to distract me during the last year or so, I would've gone quite mad. One has to have me-time in order to continue to meet their needs. Don't be afraid to look for outside services, also, to give yourself the free time you need for that me-time. There are usually plenty available but many times people don't even know they exist until they start asking around.

Yes, there will be times when you simply won't be up to old familiar activities like writing, but, above all for your own peace of mind, if you enjoy writing just for writing's sake and you're in the mood to do it, do it and don't question the impulse.

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
#149697 02/14/06 07:19 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nan, you are a splendid writer who have also let us know through these boards that you have had a lot of sorrow in your family lately. I very much hope that you will continue writing, and you can see from the number of posts in this thread that a lot of people agree with that sentiment and just generally care. I want to side with Beverly here, though - ultimately, I think that any just-for-fun writer must write because it's fun, because the writer himself or herself finds it satisfying. But you were very right to ask for a more outward show of appreciation for your beautiful stories from the members of these boards, especially at a time when you have several reasons to feel low. After all, we are here because we have a common interest, and we should support and encourage each other more than we sometimes do. As for you, Nan, few people have given us Lois and Clark fans so many great stories to read and enjoy as you have.

Ann

#149698 02/15/06 12:31 PM
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
I don't do feedback. I should but I'm bad about remembering to.

I have the index to your series bookmarked seperatly so that I can reread them when I feel like it.

#149699 02/15/06 04:11 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love reading your stories! I'm sorry I haven't posted enough fdk lately--I have rather limited Internet time this year and it seems I never get to everything I want to get to online before my time is up. But believe me, I read them and look forward to them. I love your Dagger series in particular, and several others are favorites as well. You're definitely not wasting space on the board. smile

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
#149700 02/18/06 05:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wouldn't want to give it up but on the other hand if I were taking up space on the boards for no reason, that wouldn't be very useful, either.
NEVER, NAN. You never just take up space. I love your stories! I've been reading for the Kerth noms like LabRat said.
Like Beverly said, you need "me" time. If that involves writing, the better for us. I've noticed a trend toward shorter stories that have a contiuing arc. (How I Spent My Christmas Vacation, etc). If that format works best for you, I'm all for it. It does form a longer story when joined together.
Fortunately my mother is in a home, but nonetheless it still takes time and emotional effort. My mother's 93 and still going strong so who knows how long it will be?
Do whatever is best for you and I'll try to remember to post feedback.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#149701 03/20/06 08:48 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I read laugh
I'm just not so good at the responding part- I'm not sure what to say. Plus I generally read like a maniac- if I see a new story I'll read it, then I'll remember another fic I've read recently and race off to read that one again, and I'll remember another one, etc etc. Then (a couple days later) I'll come back and read any new stories that have been posted and race off again. I love your work whinging if you need to, But I'd miss your stories. And Everyone would miss you, as this thread shows.

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
#149702 03/20/06 09:32 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Nan,

You are one of my favorite authors. However, I do not read any story until it is finished. I have started reading too many stories that are either never finished or take a very long time to be finished. I realize that life gets in the way for many writers just as it gets in my way. I find it more enjoyable to read the completed story. By waiting until the story is finished I don't forget what was going on if an author is interrupted and doesn't post for quite a while.

As I said, you are one of my favorites. dance

#149703 03/23/06 09:46 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan...you're my favourite author (and thats not just in this community), you're the reason I started reading L&C fanfiction in the fist place and the reason i joined the boards! (Well...i just had to get the next bit of your fics as soon as i could!).

Sorry i haven't been on much or posting much (I kinda get shy and tongue tied even on the boards). I'm going to try harder to post fdk on not just your fics but everyones.

Thanks so much for sharing your writing with us! Its awesome and a real privilege to read such wonderful writing! I know I've reread all of your completed fics so many times i've lost count! They provide a wonderful escape from RL and I hope you enjoy writing them as much as I enjoy reading them!

In this life of froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard