Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#149674 02/12/06 03:15 PM
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I don't want to sound like a whiner, and I'm not really. I'm just looking for information. I like to write, but as any of the other writers know, it takes time and effort to write stories. I am, at the moment, trying to ready my home to take in my 86 year old mother, who is a victim of Alzheimer's. I have very little extra energy to put into anything else. I lost my sister in December, and I have taken out a lot of my upset in writing, but if no one is reading, I have a great many other things -- nowhere near as enjoyable, of course, but still important -- to take up my time.

If you are reading, please comment and let me know. Otherwise I'll get busy and devote my time exclusively to the many tasks that have to be taken care of before she comes to stay.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#149675 02/12/06 03:26 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm assuming that most readers are busy boning up on their Kerth reading, Nan. The boards generally have been quiet for some weeks - I've had very little to do in updating TOCs each week.

I'm also assuming that things will pick up again once the nominations are done and dusted.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#149676 02/12/06 04:13 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes! I always pounce on your posts first, any time you get a chance to write; both your L&C stories and the Terran Underground series are favorites of mine. Lately I've been re-reading several of your series. I haven't wanted to nag for anything new because I was aware that real life had been difficult for you lately. I'm so sorry to have left you feeling unappreciated; I LOVE your stories and read each new part eagerly.

#149677 02/12/06 04:20 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan, even if i don't reply regulary on the boards, i read a lot of stories,i have to admit without "pretendance" that you're one of my favorite authors,
i'm always glad to see that you posted a new post or a new story

PS: last friday I re-read a night at the office and strange relationships, i also discovered daddy's little girl

Hello...DUH!!!!
#149678 02/12/06 04:29 PM
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Nan,

I'm a long-time lurker in the fandom. As you can see by the number of posts I've made over the years, I rarely comment on stories. I'm coming out of lurkdom to let you know that I very much enjoy your stories.

Last summer, when I was absolutely swamped with work, I began to re-read all of your stories on the archive as a means of relaxation. It took me about 3 or 4 weeks, I think, but your stories gave me the perfect escape. I want you to know how impressed I am with your plot and character development (which becomes really obvious when reading through your various series in order). I was particularly struck with how Lois and Clark and the supporting characters are subtly different in each of your different series but consistent within each series. I think that is quite an accomplishment.

I will try to comment more often, but I tend to skim through the posts on the board and read stories more thoroughly when they hit the archive. Also, I'm a very slow, deliberate writer and even composing a post like this takes me forever. eek

I hope you will continue to write because I (very selfishly) want to continue reading your work and I dare say I'm not the only one who would miss your stories if you felt you couldn't continue to spend your precious time on them anymore. I really do appreciate the time and effort you have put into all of your stories and I want you to know that they have brought me many hours of enjoyment (and I'm sure I will re-read many of them again). Thank you. wave

AmyN

#149679 02/12/06 05:42 PM
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thank you. I appreciate the comments.

Quite truthfully, I am enduring a very stressful part of my life. Writing is probably my biggest safety valve. I wouldn't want to give it up but on the other hand if I were taking up space on the boards for no reason, that wouldn't be very useful, either. The comments give me incentive to write more and help to release a lot of the stress I've been dealing with lately. I don't mind the nagging to tell you the truth. It would be a good deal more distressing to think that no one wanted to read what I write.

As long as I know people want to read, I'll write. It's when I know that they don't that I'll move on.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#149680 02/12/06 06:04 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I'm also a lurker. I rarely comment, even if I find a story to be mind-blowingly amazing. And I have to say, every single one of your stories is definitely mind-blowingly amazing. goofy Everytime I see one of your fics posted, I jump on it! Keep on writing, and I'll review more often. smile

Jen

Wash: Everything looks good from here...Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
#149681 02/12/06 11:38 PM
Blogger
Blogger
If writing gives you the most enjoyment, and it's able to help you work through your emotions etc. then I say definitely continue. I've loved reading everything you've written. However, we don't want you to feel pressured into producing huge stories for our benefit alone. Only do as much as you feel you are able to do.

I recently lost my grandmother to Alzheimers, and cared for her in my home up until the end, so I know how stressful the experience can be. You may find you have very little time to write. If you do have the time, I'm sure everyone would enjoy it (and make an extra effort to post feedback). If you don't have the time, that's okay too. We might not always wait patiently, but we will wait. smile

Life is short - wear cute shoes.
#149682 02/13/06 01:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Nan! smile1

Looking forward for new stories of yours! wink

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#149683 02/13/06 02:49 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm reading, I'm reading! I'm just not that good at replying sometimes.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#149684 02/13/06 03:36 AM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Hi Nan,

Just read this thread...hey, do continue writing. I know that things in RL must be very tough for you, but the FOLCs will definitely lose one of their best writers if you quit. And hopefully, writing will give you an outlet to all the crazy going-ons in RL.

Always love your stories myself.
Take care,
Lote

#149685 02/13/06 05:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nan, I am reading your stuff, even if I am late in giving FDK. RL is getting difficult (no where near your level) and so I will often think I have left FDK when I didn't.

I am definitely reading anything you post, fic or otherwise.

James, devoted TU and FOLC fan of Nan Fic. hail hail hail hail

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#149686 02/13/06 05:55 AM
Columnist
Columnist
hey I know what you mean.

Keep on writing. It's the only thing that makes me feel alive at times but I can't write the stories in english, so I can't show them.

I will read your stories.

Tahu

#149687 02/13/06 06:34 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Nan, you know I love your stories. Well crafted. Excellent characterization. Wonderful, compelling plots. And your writing style flows beautifully.

I haven't been on the boards that much, but when I do, I look for your stories.

You are greatly appreciated. So please use these stories as a release from RL.

gerry

#149688 02/13/06 06:45 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
but I can't write the stories in english, so I can't show them.
Oh, don't let that stop you, Tahu! There's a special section on the Fanfic Archive here designed just for authors like yourself, who are writing LNC fanfic in languages other than English.

Feel free to submit your stories if you're interested. smile

And, as you can see from the little links to other websites box at the right of the page, there's also a German website where you can also submit your fanfic in German. Very impressive site it is, too. Haven't been in there for a while, but very impressed with the presentation and a little jealous I can't read the stories! goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#149689 02/13/06 07:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

I'm reading, I'm reading. thumbsup

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#149690 02/13/06 08:30 AM
Columnist
Columnist
thank you labrat, but the two are not finished yet. Still in progress. One is ready but only on paper.

#149691 02/13/06 10:04 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I hope you can write Nan... smile

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#149692 02/13/06 06:43 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ditto to what everyone else said Nan. I'm a huge fan of your stories and of course I am reading. I hope that you keep writing! smile I rarely have time to leave feedback for anyone, but I am *always* checking these boards and gobbling up the new stories as they are posted. laugh

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#149693 02/13/06 06:56 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm another huge fan of your stories, Nan. I read anything you post, and I've really been enjoying this latest series. I had just gone back and re-read the whole series so far - and discovered First Case just about the time you had computer problems. I was so happy to see you were back up and posting part two, and saw to my delight that there was a bonus third part.

I've been slow with FDK the past month or so too, and am working on catching up. I like to leave lots of feedback whenever possible, and so sometimes wait to post instead of jotting off a quick "love it, keep going" message.

But please keep writing. You're on my top three writers list.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard